Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2017401 times)

Luckyowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • https://imgur.com/a/Bjjtz.png
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16110 on: July 19, 2020, 01:02:58 pm »

This is my Martian musician, Les. She traveled through the wasteland of earth spreading the joy of music.  I have to admit The Long Night mod is pretty  dangerous to travel. Encountering a bioframe spells death. you gotta be sneaking if  you want to travel anywhere. The last thing you want is to get ambushed by raiders. Luckliy I never encounter anything in the wasteland. However I did witness a murder at a tavern. A mayor was cornered and killed by what I assume to be criminals. I went into legends mode to see what's up and it looked like there was hit on him some years ago. I presume what I witness was a hit. Only solidfying how dangerous this world is . Hopefully no one put a hit on me.

DragDen

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16111 on: July 25, 2020, 02:25:47 pm »

So, my friend is playing as a Dragon, and he met a human, who didn't run from him.
Instead, this happened :D
https://imgur.com/PDQbTA4

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16112 on: July 25, 2020, 04:07:57 pm »

That's great.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16113 on: July 25, 2020, 07:21:36 pm »

What a brave skinny axeman

Gnomedevourer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16114 on: July 25, 2020, 09:35:57 pm »

that is an accurate representation of what a human would do tbh
tried to balance a mod, once upon a time, fell and scraped my knee, ain't doing that again.

CaptainMuscles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16115 on: July 25, 2020, 10:13:39 pm »

Traveled to the ends of the earth to gather seven slabs with the secrets of life and death. Brought them back to the fortress and the ceremony began. Encased in obsidian seven times and brought back with each of the slabs.

After un-retiring in the fort Dwarf Therapist tells me my strength is 1,031,000, agility is even higher (playing an elf).

The only thing I could thing of to test my might was to go on another adventure and challenge a bronze colossus to a naked wrestling match. Some time later I emerged victorious and unscathed. Convinced of my invincibility, I jumped off the nearest waterfall and broke both of my legs when I hit the bottom.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16116 on: July 25, 2020, 10:16:23 pm »

After un-retiring in the fort Dwarf Therapist tells me my strength is 1,031,000, agility is even higher (playing an elf).
I thought attributes were capped at 5000.

CaptainMuscles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16117 on: July 25, 2020, 10:30:57 pm »

*Shrugs* I'm not sure how it works. Its possible that nothing over 5000 counted, or maybe the base value is capped at 5000 before the syndrome multipliers are factored in. Fiddling around with dfhack said my strength was still 4000, and it showed a multiplier of 25600% added from the curses with another 7000 added on.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16118 on: July 26, 2020, 10:29:07 am »

*Shrugs* I'm not sure how it works. Its possible that nothing over 5000 counted, or maybe the base value is capped at 5000 before the syndrome multipliers are factored in. Fiddling around with dfhack said my strength was still 4000, and it showed a multiplier of 25600% added from the curses with another 7000 added on.
It's that.

Traveled to the ends of the earth to gather seven slabs with the secrets of life and death. Brought them back to the fortress and the ceremony began. Encased in obsidian seven times and brought back with each of the slabs.
That's a very poetic way of doing that.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16119 on: July 27, 2020, 04:28:54 am »

well just got a feathered tortoise monster who was once the leader of an isolated dark fortress to travel across several Several Several miles north to a different isolated island to join up with my adventurer said adventurer only pop up after 2 weeks to show up at this dwarf site that I move in a feathered rabbit monster from the local fort too.

so now I pretty much got every still living master fiend that currently exist in this save to live in this player fort.

fun megaproject to pull off, the challenging bit was avoiding detection and getting the intruder flag on my major adventurer, then also getting back up adventurers to help convince this Fiend to join the party.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16120 on: July 27, 2020, 09:29:31 am »

Best fiends!

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16121 on: July 27, 2020, 05:08:51 pm »

Can you induct them into the military and do missions with them?

In my adventure, I went to a site that legendsviewer said had 100~ dwarves. My game slowed down to an impressive 1 frame/hour...
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16122 on: July 27, 2020, 05:17:58 pm »

In my adventure, I went to a site that legendsviewer said had 100~ dwarves. My game slowed down to an impressive 1 frame/hour...

I had a similar problem with a dark fortress that immediately crashed. I was able to sneak into the site and kill the demon by avoiding one corner, where I assume that thousands of goblins were stacked on top of each other. That might work for you.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16123 on: July 27, 2020, 05:48:21 pm »

Can you induct them into the military and do missions with them?

well technically to get them fort mode labors I have to induct them into the military and send them off on 1 mission. this isn't my first time with said playble fiends in fort mode given the other method was go straight to the source and give up a nobility to a wild fiend which causes them to walk to the surface off site.
this method is more 'hey I don't wanna risk the song and dance required to get a wild one... by doing a song and dance of going through a dark fortress avoiding alerts and convincing a master to give up their title AND join you as a companion....  either method does give you a huge advantage on raids and sieges but you can get said fiend killed or captured if you're unlucky.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16124 on: July 27, 2020, 10:57:18 pm »

Rumrusher, you should write a guide to adventure mode. I'm just using my adventurers as wrecking balls. You're playing adventure as it was intended.
Pages: 1 ... 1073 1074 [1075] 1076 1077 ... 1103