Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995132 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16215 on: January 02, 2021, 08:20:59 pm »

hmm...a sword is in my toungue, I know, I’ll bite him!

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #16216 on: January 02, 2021, 09:58:22 pm »

"Thanks for the free piercing, let me kiss you on the cheek"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16217 on: January 03, 2021, 02:53:02 am »

"I've heard of a tongue lashing but this is ridiculous."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #16218 on: January 03, 2021, 03:20:37 am »

hmm...a sword is in my toungue, I know, I’ll bite him!

Calm down, Jesus

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #16219 on: January 03, 2021, 04:12:21 pm »

Odd experience.

For all my horses, there would always come a point after a battle where they would run away and cower in fear - forever. Nothing I did could console them. They just had the blinking terrified icon in perpetuity. I was about to pack up the save to send over to the Mantis, but on a whim I setup DFhack and did a bodyswap.

Turns out, the horse was just a complete coward. No bravery whatsoever. Using DFhack, I modified his personality to be the opposite, a fearless stallion. I assumed the terrified status wouldn't go away - but lo' and behold it did. Horse was back in action. Now, he fights about as well as I do with his kicking and biting and all.

I'm glad I got the bottom of the mystery, but I am left questioning if my actions were ethical. Completely rewriting the personality of my pet to better suit my battle-bathed lifestyle.
I noticed the fear thing as well. Perhaps it is because horses are naturaly [benign]. I guess that would set their bravery to 0.

If you started with the horse, I would justify it by saying, that you got a warhorse. In real life, horses need to be trained for battle as well. Untrained horses would run away.

This is interesting.  I know that most animals in DF are generated with all-random personality traits (benign has nothing to do with it) but I was under the impression that they don't actually do anything in the current version. In earlier versions it was possible to make tiny wild predators that don't run away from players by giving them high BRAVERY values (I wanted to make essentially killer rabbit swarms), but that hasn't worked in years.  I guess that there is some effect of personality on tame creatures though, only wild ones have the "always run away unless ambushing" behavior.

BandaTalk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16220 on: January 04, 2021, 06:30:08 pm »

My tiefling doctor, Rastom Blackstar is hunting rhinos and a giant alligator that has been harassing a group of halfling villages.  His horse Gerdie is helping out. 
Currently adventuring with the human Lady Indiana Blacktree, her gorlak squire Forrest Greenbow, her faithful steed Musk, her loyal raven Soot, and her feline friend Fig, as together they bring worldwide glory and fame to Bigbear Camp!

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16221 on: January 07, 2021, 10:15:40 pm »

I started a new adventure with the goal of killing Besmar Puzzledtrumpet, a dwarf necromancer who has taken over a large amount of sites and converted the population into 3-eyed, winged abominations. Oh, also he almost entirely destroyed an elven civilization in one year ("almost" because the civilization still has 2 camps with a few people in them).
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16222 on: January 07, 2021, 10:53:13 pm »

Puzzletrumpet makes me think of a trumpet made of smaller interlocking trumpets and the main trumpet still somehow plays a coherent song

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16223 on: January 08, 2021, 01:21:38 am »

The necromancer also has a son named Tulon Brimscobalt. He died fighting a roc but Besmar reanimated him afterwards.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16224 on: January 08, 2021, 04:00:04 pm »

The necromancer also has a son named Tulon Brimscobalt. He died fighting a roc but Besmar reanimated him afterwards.
Next level parenting skill!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16225 on: January 08, 2021, 04:01:01 pm »

It's interesting tidbits like these that I love about the game.

GOTOTOTOE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16226 on: January 08, 2021, 05:31:51 pm »

I have...  Several questions, but I don't think I want to know the answers.
ohhh whats that tileset... love the font

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16227 on: January 13, 2021, 11:27:08 pm »

Noticed when you gen a world, the historical figures and artifact items are baked-in, but everything else is up in the air and doesn't actually gen until your character goes to that site.

A while back my murderhobo dwarf slow traveled to a 1 person camp. That person was a human necromancer who had a nice but useless masterwork steel cap. Useless because my dwarf was born into the world with a standard iron cap and because a basic copper mace works through a cap. On the way back the game crashed and I had to redo this camp smash. The second go around, hum necro had no such cap. World gen bequeathed unto him random junk of lesser quality.

Now stuff that isn't artifact will get written in once you've loaded the site and saved. Different world, just testing weird mod stuff. Visited a meadhall and noticed the two mail shirts some of the hearthpersons had.

Edited that world's raw save so mail shirts went from being OVER to ARMOR/SHAPED. This changed nothing for those hearthpeople. They still had their 2 shirts.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16228 on: January 13, 2021, 11:53:38 pm »

I started a new adventure with the goal of killing Besmar Puzzledtrumpet, a dwarf necromancer who has taken over a large amount of sites and converted the population into 3-eyed, winged abominations. Oh, also he almost entirely destroyed an elven civilization in one year ("almost" because the civilization still has 2 camps with a few people in them).
Update: Apparently trying to go out of fast travel near his tower causes my game to freeze.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #16229 on: January 14, 2021, 03:04:17 am »

Update: Apparently trying to go out of fast travel near his tower causes my game to freeze.
Imagine necromancer using stasis field as defense against meddling adventurers and cackling madly offscreen.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 1080 1081 [1082] 1083 1084 ... 1103