Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2015160 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16260 on: March 10, 2021, 12:59:12 pm »

I'm actually alternating between two characters, retiring them and switching between them. Tath is my elven avenger, now known in history as Tath Bodycouples the Closed Chaos. My 'puppet ruler' is Casot Tacticrun, a dwarven doctor with excellent people skills and a bit of animal caretaking. Though his physical attributes and combat skills are mediocre, his bravery and competence with a scalpel (iron slicing knife) has earned him a few kills, attempted usurpers among them.

The city he is attempting to hold was the capital of the civilization for many years before and between conquests by other civilizations, then was inexplicably abandoned. The law-giver still rules from the keep there, and still resides there in a humble unnamed cottage that I haven't found on the map.

Last time I unretired Casot, I added 14 fighting adventurers to become his army of hearthfolk. 10 of them are rangers, 3 of them are armed with various other weapons, one is a demigod outsider with a giant hunting cave swallow and a giant camel that can hold over 2000lbs of weight without reducing its trot speed (I've since transferred that to Tath.) An insurrection against Casot's Roasted Subtle Group stands no chance now, and his next plan is to attempt to acquire the title of baron. Gifts of exotic pets may buy him a peerage.

Tath has separated from her demon companions and instead of seeking them out, has come to the edge of the Ardent Roars' territory, close to where my previous character had died.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16261 on: March 11, 2021, 07:15:21 pm »

I caught up to the remains of my previous adventurer, Nithe Denscalythe Sad Plains of Ruining, and the hydra that killed him, Dusak Sulliedsnarls the Bold. Even after killing three titans, two colossi and playing cat-and-mouse with demons, she was tougher than I expected. I gave her two good pokes in the lungs with a spear, the weapon my previous adventurer was lacking, but she still had the speed and power to hit me with a charge I failed to dodge. By the time my stun wore off, I was tired from dodging and blocking. She was about to charge again when she finally succumbed to blood loss.

I blamed Nithe's failure on a divine curse, but he actually had pretty crappy gear. He managed to kill colossi with bronze, iron and silver, but probably should have proceeded to the nearby fortress to collect some steel. He had a trove of artifacts, but few were practically useful.

Nithe had died with an unfulfilled ambition; to build a temple to his goddess, the only goddess in his civilization without a temple or shrine. Whenever he could seize an audience, he would preach about the beauty and beatitude of the goddess of revelry. So I've decided I will build that temple, and inter Nithe Denscaly's marble sarcophagus in its catacombs.

EDIT: Nithe Denscaly was a human from the Ardent Roars, the elven civ I've declared war on. Perhaps I should just spit on his mangled partial skeleton and move on, but my heart isn't really into the indiscriminate slaughter. I plan to assassinate the queen and general, and humiliate anyone who would challenge my right to do so. If my demon companions catch up and either of them have a beef with the nation, then I'm not going to stand in the way of whatever war they wish to wage.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 08:25:44 pm by Uzu Bash »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16262 on: March 13, 2021, 09:48:07 pm »

I think I've just made my most powerful adventurer yet, which is really something considering how long I've been playing this.

I started out with an elephant man adventurer. Pretty standard for making an overpowered fighter. I gave him superior strength in character creation, cause I wanted an adventurer that would actually be able to grapple and throw most enemies I encounter. And also pumped all skill points ( apart from two in swimming ) to dodging.

I then trained him up to multiple levels of legendary in wrestling and fighting, to get its strength to superelephantman and its other major stats to high. Stomped several groups of goblins and beak dogs like putty.

Biggest obstacles were crossbowmen. One particular elite goblin crossbowman that kept running away would break my elephant guy's limbs with each shot, forcing me to crawl, fast travel, and get back on the chase. Broke that goblin's neck and drank his blood after multiple tries, and a lot of scarring later.

Eventually, after wandering around trying to find more enemies to stomp, I found something I haven't seen in a few game worlds: a vampire. Oooh boy. This vampire was smart, it ran every time I tried to chase it. But then it made the mistake of trying to ambush me alongside a goblin/troll/beakdog troop. I broke its neck, drank its blood, and became IMMORTAL.

Now I've got a superstrong Elephant Man, with unbeatable wrestling skill, great dodging ability, who can sprint nonstop, and doesn't feel pain.

I'm genuinely looking forward to fighting monsters, semi-megabeasts, maybe even mega beasts with my bare elephant hands.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16263 on: March 13, 2021, 11:21:51 pm »

I'm kind of puttering around with camp projects now. I lost interest in the temple after I was unable to dedicate it to a specific god, because I don't worship any. But my previous adventurer has a nice mausoleum under it, and he's finally resting in a marble coffin surrounded by polished granite and native gold stone. He should rest eternal, unless one of those necros from the neighboring hillock raise him.

Now that I think about it, it might be worth trying. Those guys raise some revs that can paralyze and fling people around telekineticly. Telekindexically. Telikornicakty. ...the dark side of the force is with them. They aren't hostile to me now, though they don't trust me, probably for good reason.

Another interesting neighbor in a mountain hall that dug too deep. They have a master that sprang from the breach in the Underworld, so it isn't bound by any contracts. It's also not hostile, so I may attempt new methods of bringing it under my power.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16264 on: March 17, 2021, 01:58:24 pm »

The necros in the hillock neighboring my camp weren't hostile, but they did keep raising the animated corpses that were. I started butchering the bodies to put an end to that. They managed to raise one before I could mangle it, as the kind of rev that could paralyze and throw. After it broke my leg and came terrifyingly close to breaking my spine, I retreated. It followed me all the way to the edge of the settlement, breaking my arm and other leg. Fortunately it kept throwing me in the direction I was retreating, and more fortunately my giant camel was nearby when I crawled pathetically into camp. A solid kick in the head finally put it to rest, at least long enough to set a campfire and throw it in. And that should have been the end of that.

Incidentally my camel has scored enough notable kills to be known in history as "Or Squashedcrushes the Fancy".

I've been preparing my camp for a dwarven embark to populate the Inn I've put so much effort into. While doing that, a full moon rose, and I took the opportunity to eliminate the necromancers next door. There weren't that many in the hillocks, so I was able to make silent and efficient takedowns, butchering as I went. There were six congregating in the Drinking Mound, and I managed to assassinate 4 before the others started raising the dead. Just animated corpses, but I had to strike a lot of dead heads and hands to reach the others, and the few revs they raised I was able to finish quickly enough.

There was just one hillock I hadn't checked, and when I stopped by there was a single dwarven thresher. No 'necromancer' in his title, so I thought he was harmless, and let him flee in the direction all of my kills were still warm. This is when I learned that necromancers can raise skins as intelligent dead.

They may not have a lot of force to push with, but when you're paralyzed and defenseless, a handful of them can deal a solid beating to a werepanther. All I could do was advance time until I had an opening, hoping I was far enough away from the necromancer that I could knock out one without him raising it again, then getting it into a campfire. Even after I caught up to him and cleaved his head, the skin-revs he raised continued raising him as a rev. By the time they were all whittled down and charred, I had enough excitement. And that should be the end of that.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16265 on: April 01, 2021, 05:21:54 pm »

i made a tiny pocket sized world to see how that affects fps lag and 1, works great! rolled 250 yrs of history in a heartbeat. 2, i think dwarves are extinct*, so once i finish beating up giant tortoises with my giant grizzly bear i'm gonna see if i can build a fort and bring back Armoks chosen people.**

*i made a dwarf character, got killed, and then in subsequent games the only option was human outsider.

**well i am gonna wipe out a bunch of night creatures too. there was one section that has so many lairs. i take a step and boom! another lair.

update: dwarves do exist still, i found some in a dark fortress.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:46:24 pm by nezclaw »
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16266 on: April 02, 2021, 04:44:20 pm »

I made an adventurer in a post-zombie apocalypse world. Found a baby kobold in a lair, it was so cute i left it be even though it was clearly a werebeast. Killed some intelligent undead, took some artifacts. Searched four different dwarf forts for a backpack since I had to start as an outsider. Got steel armor and weapons out of it though, and killed a forgotten beast. With the world being totally dead i don't know what to expect besides more intelligent undead who can't talk to me. More forgotten beasts?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16267 on: April 03, 2021, 06:06:19 pm »

So far my playthroughs has been mostly setting up forts to have certain folks in them like minotaurs and uhh this one fort where I'm trying to migrate a bunch of elves over and it seems like the elves are currently going through some wars.
There some whimsy getting companions knowing I could get them to work at a fort chopping trees or crafting trinkets.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Keep

• Escaped Lunatic
  • If you didn't want to lose, you wouldn't play.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16268 on: April 13, 2021, 02:51:16 pm »

Well, not much. I was playing an elf peasant and just traveling along with my three forest creatures when  I came to a river. It was a couple of Z-levels down in a small crevice. It was small enough to jump over. So, naturally, that's what I did, but as I jumped over my pet wolf pup fell in. I left my other pets on the side and jumped into the crevice. The water had swept my wolf away, and I didn't know how to swim. So, naturally, I didn't swim. I sunk to the bottom and drowned, leaving my wolf pup to also probably drown and my other two pets (a bird and a cat I think) up on the bank waiting for my return. (The cat probably got hungry and ate the bird) :D

DwarfStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16269 on: April 17, 2021, 01:12:41 pm »

I guess having a wolf, a cat, and a bird can get you in trouble with a river even if you don’t have a boat that can only fit two of them.

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16270 on: April 20, 2021, 12:11:36 am »

One of the human civs in my world has been ruled by a necromancer called Mones Housewhispered for 235 years (though she only became a necromancer in 136) who, judging by Legend Viewer, really hates goblins (her one listed kill is an undead goblin named Gozru Tormentleech (who she killed with a mace created by a dwarf who was abducted and became possessed, presumably by weird goblin spirits or whatever), she has participated in multiple wars against goblins, she wears multiple items made of goblin bone, etc.) and other necromancers.

EDIT: The civ that Mones rules also has a long history of enslaving elves for whatever reason.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 01:30:05 am by ChaosPotato »
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16271 on: April 22, 2021, 11:43:16 am »

Started an adventurer and, on a whim, gave him a pet rat. I wasn't sure what would happen with a vermin pet, seeing as normal vermin are sort of quantum creatures; I was expecting the rat to disappear as soon as I began.
Turns out it actually rides around on me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It's not just stuck to my head either - it moves around to my shoulders also.
Just another of those tiny, unexpected details that adds so much character.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16272 on: April 22, 2021, 09:06:41 pm »

Oh my God I had no idea can you interact with it directly? Can it get hit by attacks? What if it's hanging around on your arm when your arm gets chopped off? There is so much to learn now

I wonder if your pet cave spider could bite you or bite others on your tile. You could cover yourself in venomous critters and stand on people you hate!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16273 on: April 22, 2021, 10:53:31 pm »

I wonder if your pet cave spider could bite you or bite others on your tile. You could cover yourself in venomous critters and stand on people you hate!

Kobolds like venomous vermin. Play a cutebold adventurer that pretends to be unaware of what he's doing to others.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16274 on: April 23, 2021, 12:46:45 am »

The first release with pets I started with a pet crow which just hung out on my head. Very cute.
Pages: 1 ... 1083 1084 [1085] 1086 1087 ... 1103