Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994611 times)

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16290 on: June 12, 2021, 02:44:25 am »

There is a human civilization in my current world that has been ruled by not one, not two, but
THREE
DRAGONS, THE FIRST TWO OF WHICH WERE UNDEAD.

It's also called "The Roasted Kingdoms", which fits perfectly.
what the fuck
Is this game modded? Did you duplicate a raw? I've never seen this at any point in my DF history, and it's so cool. I want the save  :D
I'm using Adventurecraft and
some other mod that I made but haven't actually gotten to a releasable state yet because procrastination.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16291 on: June 12, 2021, 03:17:40 am »

like I don't think civs care about the soul or the ability to talk on ruler side of things with megabeasts so there's nothing really stopping a civ from accepting a zombie dragon, unless there's like a 'needs to be alive' check that got missed.

Isn't there a requirement for [CAN_LEARN] or [INTELLIGENT] to prevent livestock from ruling civs? Vanilla dragons aren't sapient.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ChaosPotato

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: June 12, 2021, 03:18:20 am »

like I don't think civs care about the soul or the ability to talk on ruler side of things with megabeasts so there's nothing really stopping a civ from accepting a zombie dragon, unless there's like a 'needs to be alive' check that got missed.

Is there not a requirement for [CAN_LEARN] or [INTELLIGENT] to prevent livestock from ruling civs? Vanilla dragons aren't sapient.
I made dragons sapient because I felt like it.
hi I hate this account and everything I've ever done with it but I don't feel like going through the process of making a new one right now

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: June 26, 2021, 02:12:42 pm »

I found out the hard way that you can stumble into the middle of Night Troll attacks on a civilized settlement. To be exact, I found this out by my newly-made peasant adventurer stumbling into a hamlet being attacked by a 'Groom of the Howling Freak', who proceeded to beat him to death (once I passed out, it was just a matter of time) with a pair of coyote leather trousers stolen from a NPC it had murdered moments after I came onto the site.

Truly, a dwarfy death.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: June 29, 2021, 10:10:20 am »

well took a break from vanilla manipulation and pick up the long night mod, uhh ended up learning this total conversion made some of the stuff I do in vanilla either a bit tricky or not even there.
so far found you can probably do better grabbing a bunch of fully automated vehicles and drones and have them fight folks than legit doing battle on your own.
after getting over the shock of discovering what goes on in the HFS in the mod I decided 'hey I could probably build a base camp down there and fill it with folks.

flash forward some hours and time spent and several of the folks I talk into joining the party that ended up stuck in the camp are now severally wounded or dead. the two adventurers I have to manage the place is a bard next gen cultivator and a martian ...just crafts everything person who manages the base. I'm looking for ways to speed up getting logs as the mod while it has tons of crafting stuff doesn't seem to have any 'grab a bunch of metal branches to smelt them into a log for adv construction, just ' cut down this metal tree to get scrap metal logs.
overall having fun working on this base in the most dangerous area in the game, and this mod made it so the creatures that spawn down there aren't that difficult for hand pick stranglers and drunks couldn't take out.
there something funny about walking up and claiming a helicarrier and a 6 wheeler truck and have them be the heavy hitters of your group.
but only ride around this bipedal nanomachine humanoid because they can open doors.
probably dive deeper into this mod if I can find which one is the 'don't need to eat or drink' civ group.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Leviathan7

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: July 10, 2021, 01:20:20 am »

So I entered this tavern in a large town, and there's all these serpent people in here. They seem passive, so I go ahead and tell tales of my deeds, and perform a song called "We See Severity". A couple other host performers join in, and overall we do quite well.

I then proceeded to flirt with a muscular serpent woman: I told jokes, made flattering remarks, gifted her a couple baubles, and she seemed quite pleased.
...But then I asked her how she was feeling.

WOOOWWW SNAKE LADY...
WOOOOOWWWWWWWW

(After scouring the announcements, I found that indeed, another dwarf and serpent woman had sung a poem called that prior to me entering the tavern LOL)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16296 on: July 10, 2021, 02:36:54 am »

Wow, that's probably the sickest burn I've ever seen from an AI-controlled NPC.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16297 on: July 13, 2021, 05:39:34 pm »

Trying to grind through finishing building my "Heroes Guild" knock off inspired by Fable

It's the tedium of cutting all the trees for the size of the project

makes me take tons of breaks from playing just because of it, but I know if I stop to go adventure I probably won't pick it up again lol

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: July 17, 2021, 09:29:35 pm »

Hidden Fun Stuff:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: July 19, 2021, 04:47:28 am »

So I entered this tavern in a large town, and there's all these serpent people in here. They seem passive, so I go ahead and tell tales of my deeds, and perform a song called "We See Severity". A couple other host performers join in, and overall we do quite well.

I then proceeded to flirt with a muscular serpent woman: I told jokes, made flattering remarks, gifted her a couple baubles, and she seemed quite pleased.
...But then I asked her how she was feeling.

WOOOWWW SNAKE LADY...
WOOOOOWWWWWWWW

(After scouring the announcements, I found that indeed, another dwarf and serpent woman had sung a poem called that prior to me entering the tavern LOL)
Woah, that coincidence is awesome. Maybe in DF in the future, AI burns (sex-related or not) will be a thing. We can only hope!
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16300 on: July 19, 2021, 06:12:57 pm »

We have a random number generator, but we need a random insult generator.

My adventurer can't find anything to do because there are apparently no beasties or treasures of interest where I started. This is a common theme for me.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: July 19, 2021, 08:21:30 pm »

We have a random number generator, but we need a random insult generator.

My adventurer can't find anything to do because there are apparently no beasties or treasures of interest where I started. This is a common theme for me.

If you generate a world using normal means night trolls should be guaranteed. Otherwise you must had disabled them in advanced settings or they went extinct which is very unlikely even for 1050 year old worlds.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: July 20, 2021, 06:14:48 pm »

I did disable the random ones actually, I created some of my own for spellcrafts, like 6-8 in total. There's usually a few around, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16303 on: July 20, 2021, 09:19:31 pm »

So...an elf lasher somehow managed to strangle my skink man adventurer to death with his own pet crow. Definitely one of my more interesting deaths.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: July 20, 2021, 09:57:51 pm »

I tend to start out with a large amount of pets, they are good at finding animals to kill
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 1103