Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021762 times)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16305 on: July 21, 2021, 02:24:49 am »

So...an elf lasher somehow managed to strangle my skink man adventurer to death with his own pet crow. Definitely one of my more interesting deaths.

If you bleed enough you are going to be more vulnerable to wrestling.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16306 on: July 21, 2021, 09:23:59 am »

Well that explains something but it's still pretty funny I think you'll agree. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16307 on: July 22, 2021, 10:26:51 am »

Some of the goblins survived my genocide on their dark fortress. When I approached the main tower it lagged as if beak dogs and trolls were replaced with new ones in no time. I am going to transform on this very night into weremamooth so I can't kinda wait for them to go sleeping as my alternate form is going to make everyone flee.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

TranquilRiverGiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16308 on: July 25, 2021, 05:25:44 am »

Was planning to play as a legendary demigod shotputter equipped with just a loincloth and a bar of gold to throw at enemies. Disappointed to find that despite having superhuman strength my character could only throw the gold bar 1 tile.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16309 on: July 25, 2021, 05:49:02 am »

I created a hearthperson and asked for a mission. Immediately I was told, to kill a Bronze Colossus. I snuck near it and shot all my bolts at it, but did not even dent it.

So I snuck away and went to gain greater skill and more bolts. On my way, I met a group of goblins. 3 of them fell easily, but one lasher, Anxu Bosatata was a worthy foe.

We duelled for what must have been minutes in-game. We also talked about the value of laws and our fighting skills improving.
He told me of a dragon, called Hotflares the Sweltering Ivory-Fortunes, that needs slaying. When Anxu was about to die, I complimented him, then beheaded him.

Now I have collected 50 more bolts and am going to slay the colossus. After I get it and tell my lord though, I will go and find Hotflares in her lair, and try to slay her for Anxu.

Update: I exhausted all the bolts, then threw flowers and stones. All glanced off.
Eventually, I beat on it with morningstar and axe. I dented it's head, body and right foot several times, but then it punched me in my leg and ruined it.

I tried to crawl away, so that I could pull out a crutch and hobble away, but I passed out instead and it crushed me.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 07:06:58 am by Mathel »
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16310 on: July 26, 2021, 01:20:18 am »

I created a hearthperson and asked for a mission. Immediately I was told, to kill a Bronze Colossus. I snuck near it and shot all my bolts at it, but did not even dent it.

So I snuck away and went to gain greater skill and more bolts. On my way, I met a group of goblins. 3 of them fell easily, but one lasher, Anxu Bosatata was a worthy foe.

We duelled for what must have been minutes in-game. We also talked about the value of laws and our fighting skills improving.
He told me of a dragon, called Hotflares the Sweltering Ivory-Fortunes, that needs slaying. When Anxu was about to die, I complimented him, then beheaded him.

Now I have collected 50 more bolts and am going to slay the colossus. After I get it and tell my lord though, I will go and find Hotflares in her lair, and try to slay her for Anxu.

Update: I exhausted all the bolts, then threw flowers and stones. All glanced off.
Eventually, I beat on it with morningstar and axe. I dented it's head, body and right foot several times, but then it punched me in my leg and ruined it.

I tried to crawl away, so that I could pull out a crutch and hobble away, but I passed out instead and it crushed me.

Just assault a goblin fortress in search of steel slashing weapon and grind your dodge beforehand.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16311 on: July 26, 2021, 06:09:20 am »

My weapons were iron, including the axe, which I thought would be sufficient. It was not. Or perhaps my axe skill was too low.

Next time I play an adventurer, I will try to get a steel sword of some kind.
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16312 on: July 26, 2021, 07:36:08 pm »

Question, why talk to your opponent? Or why not try recruiting the “worthy foe”? If he was difficult to battle, surely he would be a useful ally assuming you could convince him to work with you

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16313 on: July 27, 2021, 04:09:59 pm »

My necromancer just found a mead hall called "The Cheap Virginity". Not sure if it's a mead hall or a whorehouse...maybe both.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16314 on: July 27, 2021, 06:22:26 pm »

My necromancer just found a mead hall called "The Cheap Virginity". Not sure if it's a mead hall or a whorehouse...maybe both.

Nothing unusual.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16315 on: July 27, 2021, 06:25:32 pm »

No my point wasn't that it was unusual...some procgen names in DF just stick with you for one reason or another. :P

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16316 on: July 28, 2021, 12:10:37 am »

Question, why talk to your opponent? Or why not try recruiting the “worthy foe”? If he was difficult to battle, surely he would be a useful ally assuming you could convince him to work with you

I talked to him because it seemed like an in-character thing to do.
As for trying to recruit him, I am not sure if I tried it with Anxu, but most hostiles just tell me that their job is there.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16317 on: July 29, 2021, 11:02:55 am »

this is pretty much my motive for most of my adventure mode sessions... to roll up and recruit any and all walks of life to my sessions.
kinda hit the point where the only few folks who aren't recruitable are the ones that can't really talk... and even then I wonder if all I need to do is lure them to a fort for animal training?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16318 on: July 29, 2021, 12:24:38 pm »

I have literally claimed control over my own build site. I teached my outsider by retiring him at a human site how to claim structures I gave my site a zone and some features like doors and a workshop.

I still somehow cannot retire at it. Is it because I need a sapient companion? My only companion is a cave blob who halved the time needed to complete construction.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16319 on: July 29, 2021, 03:09:37 pm »

Was the zone a mead hall? Were you in the zone when you claimed? Did the game say you now control the site?

I can't remember if there has to be someone there to hear you.

Edit: Actually, the zone type name is Main Hall (though maybe it depends on the civ). I just did it without any companions, though I was "talking" to my deity (which you probably don't have the option for since you started as an outsider).
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 03:35:28 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 1086 1087 [1088] 1089 1090 ... 1104