Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021770 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16320 on: July 29, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »

I started an adventure and bought all the pets I could, bought the cheapest pets till I ran out of points to buy more. I was a cougar woman with loooooots of cavy pups and sow and boars. Started a fight with a human farmer and it lasted a good while until the game stopped responding. Apparently the game doesn’t like having lots of pets on screen, even though most of them weren’t in the building and thus weren’t ‘t involved in the fight. I imagine if all pets were able to fight, the game would have lost response much quicker

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16321 on: July 29, 2021, 04:00:21 pm »

Was the zone a mead hall? Were you in the zone when you claimed? Did the game say you now control the site?

I can't remember if there has to be someone there to hear you.

Edit: Actually, the zone type name is Main Hall (though maybe it depends on the civ). I just did it without any companions, though I was "talking" to my deity (which you probably don't have the option for since you started as an outsider).
you should be able to do this by shouting if you got no deity.

I started an adventure and bought all the pets I could, bought the cheapest pets till I ran out of points to buy more. I was a cougar woman with loooooots of cavy pups and sow and boars. Started a fight with a human farmer and it lasted a good while until the game stopped responding. Apparently the game doesn’t like having lots of pets on screen, even though most of them weren’t in the building and thus weren’t ‘t involved in the fight. I imagine if all pets were able to fight, the game would have lost response much quicker
so there's a some what known issue with DF where if you have like a swarm of folks attack someone at the same time the game just crash.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16322 on: July 29, 2021, 04:06:45 pm »

Ah, do different types of creatures have a different speed stat/initiative? How does the game usually resolve who goes when?

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16323 on: July 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm »

Ah, do different types of creatures have a different speed stat/initiative? How does the game usually resolve who goes when?
Speed, which is based on several factors, and (most?) combat moves hav times they take to begin and end.

I have literally claimed control over my own build site. I teached my outsider by retiring him at a human site how to claim structures I gave my site a zone and some features like doors and a workshop.

I still somehow cannot retire at it. Is it because I need a sapient companion? My only companion is a cave blob who halved the time needed to complete construction.

Also, did you name the camp? I think you need to do that.

And what does it say in the adventurer's description about memberships? After a successful claim it should have them as lady/lord/etc of the camp.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16324 on: July 30, 2021, 06:38:48 am »

Was the zone a mead hall? Were you in the zone when you claimed? Did the game say you now control the site?

I can't remember if there has to be someone there to hear you.

Edit: Actually, the zone type name is Main Hall (though maybe it depends on the civ). I just did it without any companions, though I was "talking" to my deity (which you probably don't have the option for since you started as an outsider).

Hmm so it cannot be just a custom zone? I have to classify it specifically?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Ihtomyt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16325 on: August 03, 2021, 09:00:08 pm »

so there's a some what known issue with DF where if you have like a swarm of folks attack someone at the same time the game just crash.

I just found a diplomat walking around with a slab with the secrets of life and death on it while I was planning on using my adventurer to "prime" a location for a new fort. Needless to say my adventure took a quick turn after crushing his head and reading the slab. Started with resurrected wolverines, then unicorns, then lions and elephants. Had dozens of animals and marched over to the goblin fortress. The game has stalled to 0 frames for 30 seconds at a time a few times, but there is no way I can even keep count of how many beak dog, troll, and goblin corpses I have enthralled now, in addition to giant snails, crocodiles, etc. I found just outside the fortress (somehow the elephants all perished but there's no way to keep track of what the hell is going on). I just stay in stealth and only rarely smack something in the head at a chokepoint. I've stopped resurrecting more things since that stalls things the most. Pretty sure I already have literally hundreds of walking corpses. I just keep hitting "." and every few ticks 10ish more foes die in the room I'm in. This is not a "brag" but just excited the first time I've found the secret, but aside from the frame drop, it's basically like a built in cheat. It hasn't completely crashed the game, but the frames are crap. Worth it though, tons of fun. I am waiting for it to crash at sunrise though.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16326 on: August 04, 2021, 01:10:09 am »

Hmm so it cannot be just a custom zone? I have to classify it specifically?
Yeah, it has to be that specific type of zone.

And, I was wrong, it'll show you as lady/lord/etc even if the claim does not succeed. That refers to the group created when you attempt a claim.

When the claim succeeds there is a popup window in the game that says so, kind of like when you discover a river.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Zer0Winds

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16327 on: August 07, 2021, 03:40:48 am »

I started an Elf, of one of the weaker Elven Civilizations, The Praised Skies, and I thought about what I should do. Initially I was going to be some kinda entertainer maybe, or a Ranger, or even both, so I had some skill in Dancing, and some skill in Archery. I also did Hero, simply because I wanted the Giant Fox I found out this civilization had, where normally I do Peasant. Anyway I learned that a certain Cyclops has been attacking this retreat for Generations, and even killed the Queen... twice. So I decided for some good old vengeance story, and set out at once as the lair was supposedly nearby according to the tavern keeper. Didn't even bother trying to get actual equipment instead of this wooden starting equipment: We're going full Elven here. Fully expecting death.

I stop by a Hillocks, for a moment, grab a Drunk, after a brief respite. Seems he's perfectly willing to fight for glory and such. Or so I thought, as when we arrive, and he takes one look at this Cyclops, he runs, leaving me to fight them alone.

So be it, I don my wooden sword, and call to the Cyclops, who wastes no time in swinging at me. Foolish, as I am too quick, and dodge away, and smack them against the head with my sword, to.. little effect. Who would have thought wooden equipment wasn't very good. I'm stubborn though, and I continue the onslaught of... lightly tapping this Cyclops with a stick. Eventually I get the opportunity to stab them in the eye, and I do so, and the fight is actually quite easy from here, and I eventually get them trying to retreat, when I grabbed their throat and strangled them to death.

I begin my journey back after making sure my dwarven drunk still existed, and... The game crashed. RIP. Well, round two, can't be that hard, I did it once already.

Nope.

I start off, similar situation, I was dodging around them, smacking them with the stick sword, but the cyclops got a good hit in on my leg... severing it. I fall to the ground, sure this was to be my end, and I swing away my sword, to no avail. They were the one dodging this time, and they punched me directly in the gut. I try to crawl away, and they kept making me roll away from their relentless attacks, but eventually I get to the entrance of the lair, and the Cyclops turns away. I guess they didn't want to pursue me outside. I get outside, I crawl to Vafice, my Fox whom I had wait outside because I was worried they would die.

But I made the horrible discovery I could not mount while prone, and I could not stand with only one leg.

So my poor Fox had to watch me crawl in pain, while we made our way back to the hillocks, where we dumped the useless dwarf off, and proceeded to limp home in defeat. Or crawl I guess. On the way I stopped, made a camp, and since no one was around and it wasn't our forest, it was a different elven civilization's forest, I cut a single Hazel tree, made a workbench, and crutch. I limped home literally this time, in defeat.

Around here I noticed a chest by the trunk of the tree, and found a nice Hazel Instrument, and picked it up, and thought "Eh, why not, I'll try it out" since I can't dance anymore. Turns out I am pretty good with the instrument I've never once touched, and now I live as a one-legged bard. Also practicing walking with the crutch. I'm also curious as this is supposedly the capital as far as I can tell, but I can't actually find our Queen, and it sounds like she's been partaking in races up in a Dwarven Fortress to the North, after a bit of Legends Mode digging, so I want to go find her and figure out what that's about. Maybe she's learned from the four Queens who died in this place before her, and decided Dwarves are safer to be with.

Maybe one day I'll get revenge on the Cyclops for taking my leg. Ozosm Minesheens the Oaken... I've got their name marked. One day, I'll get revenge. But not today, as I can barely walk.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16328 on: August 31, 2021, 07:17:41 am »

Had a really fun time building up overpowered martial artist characters, retiring them, and having the next generation try to fight my previous adventurer.

I started with a swordsman, managed to make him pretty strong but without my grinding exploits he was the weakest of the bunch. He had some really cool scars, lost an ear in a fight, and left so many limbless opponents in his wake. Eventually, someone hit my guy in the motor nerve of a leg, and his utility as a fighter was a lot less.

I named him "Crawling Swordsman", retired him, and moved on.

My next martial artist was a thin, unarmed fighter whom I wanted to build up into an all arounder. Thing is, in his first fight against a civilian that I was hoping would be easy, he got stabbed in the lung. I proceeded to use sneaky wrestling exploits to grind all  his stats up to high levels, but his dropping speed due to the never healing lung wound annoyed me. I named him "Lung", and retired him.

My next fighter might have been my favourite. I gave him superior strength to start with, wrestle exploit'd my way until all combat stats were very high. Then I learned that you can sneak attack animals all day with strikes, and they won't fight back. Managed to get my currently strongest fighter up to expert striking, and I decided to go after my previous characters.

I went after "Crawling Swordsman" first. I thought it would be easy, the dude was already prone. Literally, the first round of combat, my guy got his hand cut off. I proceeded to break every bone in Crawling Swordsman's body, and heavy punched him in the chest until his upper body exploded. I retired this fighter, naming him "One Hand".

My last fighter, I started him with Superior toughness, wanting him to fit a pro wrestler archetype. Just my luck, I find two saltwater crocodiles, sneak-wrestle them until I have superior in every combat stat and superhuman in toughness. I name my guy "Killer Kroc", profession "Crocodile Wrestler". And after some more striking skill grinding, I go after my other two living characters.

I kill "Lung" effortlessly, broke his spine with a charging kick. Last up was "One Hand".

Boy was this a fight. I manage to dislocate the dude's knee, forcing him to stay prone. I grab hold of his only remaining hand and start waling on him, only for "One Hand" to break my guy's leg with a punch and force me on the ground.

Two of my fighters, both as physically powerful as possible, proceeded to beat each other to a pulp, breaking bones with every other strike. I was honestly getting desperate. "One Hand" had superhuman strength, "Killer Kroc" only had superior, but I was somehow winning the wrestling side of it.

I had broken most every bone in "One Hand's" body, even his spine. That may have been a mistake, because "One Hand" proceeded to no longer feel any pain from the injuries I was giving him.

I was down to one working arm and one working leg, versus my opponent who had barely anything that wasn't red. Suddenly, my other leg gets broken, "Killer Kroc" passes out, and I get the attack spam from "One Hand" while I'm unconscious, showing that I eventually died.

I proceeded to load up "One Hand", and the second I started playing as him, the game told me he couldn't breathe. I just waited for him to die, finally ending this vicious chain of fighters.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 07:20:31 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Laterigrade

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that a crab with
    • View Profile
« Reply #16329 on: August 31, 2021, 06:38:22 pm »

That’s a pretty fun idea, NRDL. Good way to test what fighting styles work against one another, too.
and the quadriplegic toothless vampire killed me effortlessly after that
bool IsARealBoy = false
dropping clothes to pick up armor and then dropping armor to pick up clothes like some sort of cyclical forever-striptease
if a year passes, add one to age; social experiment

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16330 on: September 04, 2021, 04:24:21 pm »

Currently playing kiiranaux's Highfantasy mod pack, where my wizard adventurer Kera and her dwarven sidekick Suselor are currently in the middle of a keep locked in a battle to the death with an experiment administrator (the tyrannical despot known by the dread name Xostrazax Umspuxormu, he used to be a hobgoblin judging from his description). Meanwhile, there's a random dwarf prophet cowering in an out-of-the-way corner and shouting at us about how our needless violence is displeasing Exuz (at least that's how I chose to interpret it).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2021, 04:25:57 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16331 on: September 04, 2021, 07:56:21 pm »

Killed Xostrazax, who's now lying in a pile in the centre of his own keep. Apparently the Exuz prophet (whose name I learned is Ikud) wasn't too attached to him since when I asked him what he thought of me he thought I was brave for putting him down. I tried to recruit Ikud to my party but he declined. Despite still being shaken by the fight he had just witnessed, he then tried to lighten the mood with a joke about forgotten beasts and more forgotten beasts. I asked him a bit about his family but that wore him out so I parted ways with him peacefully. Onto our next adventure!
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16332 on: September 05, 2021, 10:24:18 am »

well currently in my adventure mode sessions it's been messing with civ zone warping and talking companions into joining my adventuring party only to shuffle them to the lower depths to be a sacrifice needed to summon a being to the surface.
some how in my first successful attempt at this I got a talkative one and quickly befriended and assign them to a civ zone before they broke allegiances so now the camp has one being that could breathe fire roaming around under the campgrounds that is permanently trapped to the camp.
so it's possible to just rollplaying a cult that just summoning beings from beyond the surface in adventure mode with all the fun actions of the aftermath of doing so.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16333 on: September 05, 2021, 03:52:51 pm »

So something strange is definitely going on with the last town Kera and Suselor visited. It's pretty much entirely abandoned except for the main keep, and almost everyone in the keep is completely naked (I'm aware of the bug with entertainment troupes not wearing clothes but these were all just citizens of regular professions).

There were a few hobgoblin and naga refugees camped just outside the town, so that might also be related. Town probably just recently got razed, and I guess the conquering army decided to steal clothes for some reason.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 07:03:18 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
Ok
« Reply #16334 on: September 08, 2021, 05:17:21 pm »

First i started a fort, breached the second and third cavern layers and lost 3 dwarfs to a few cave beasts like bat men and a troll.
3 years in 100+ pop all content i retire to make an adventurer.
Zasit is a female dwarf of long twin braided hair and cerulean eyes, eyes that once shone with the fortitude and avarice of her dwarven heritage. She had been sent out of the fort to gather information and rare materials for the benefits of the fortress also like many of her heritage she would suffer and eventually fall into hopelessness, this would be the eventual end for them, as beings of flesh bones and hope are fragile things.
Yet Zasit had a spark, deep inside her was the blood of a Dwarf god, Dwarven goddess or perhaps something darker.
She had suffered her limp body no longer and from the ruins of her living corpse she forged a weapon, of death.
Seeing her beautiful brown pet hen clucky die to reanimated goblins and dwarf bretherin forever would be engraved on her thoughts page.
Being a foil of deities afforded her no beliefs only in herself to forge her story on the anvil of eternity.
She rolled the dice and was blessed with sandals of the finest adamantine weave surely a perfect blessing for a foot 5 sizes bigger, looking towards the sky Zasit cursed the human goddess of Patience and rolled what to some would seem like hubris yet Zasit knew through her infinite body and the flow of chim was to legit to stop a good story from happening and was cursed to take a fleeting liminal form of death incarnate every full moon. A sepia scaled lizard and now her eyes glowed cyan.
Her body had fully regenerated and her mind was set on taking over the world.
She is Zasit the contemptible werelizard and legendary animal tamer!
Also i lost 20 dogs to and invisible goblin undead with a rope.
I'm still to scared to go back there to see the 13 other adventurer dead bodies.
My first go at 47.05
Pages: 1 ... 1087 1088 [1089] 1090 1091 ... 1104