Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1088 1089 [1090] 1091 1092 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019972 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16335 on: September 09, 2021, 09:18:53 pm »

Damn, made the mistake of entering a river without realizing that the carp in this mod were of the "classic" variety. Guess that's the end of Kera, her story will not be forgotten.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16336 on: September 12, 2021, 04:49:43 am »

I have begun a civilization development test thing happening.
Killed a bronze colossus with legendary fighter and miner only aimed for head and slowly it chipped away and was severed killing it and dropping the head. Naturally it is in my meeting Hall.
I'll probably start again with a new world with a few raw changes to play other civs and try to create some stories

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16337 on: September 15, 2021, 01:42:17 pm »

Started a second adventurer in the same Highfantasy world as Kera, an elf named Omiva with a pet dodo. Unfortunately I decided to go after an empyrean as a starting quest. It...did not go well, confirming what I already knew that megabeasts are not starter quest material. So Omiva's brief tale will have to be added to the annals of history alongside Kera's.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16338 on: September 16, 2021, 07:28:04 am »

My  first mission my chieftess gave me at the start of the game was to hunt a moon woman (Giant humanoid monster woman without skin that eats people) on the other side of the continent

After doing it she sends me to the other side to defeat a whole fort by myself
No one wants to join me to defeat them because what share of the glory will they have with these numbers?

So I decide to go full clown town and make a poem that the game itself describes as incredibly awful and recite it at taverns with mercenaries

6 dwarven soldiers are moved by a passion for art and agree to join me to bring art to the world! Our first stop being a certain goblin fortress

Also strangely after we won as I left that fort abunch of armed dwarves ran up to me demanding I yield, which I do, and they proceed to move into the newly abandoned fort. I don't know if I just saw a site get reclaimed? Either way this iron-covered clown is gonna take his troupe to the next ridiculous mission

SamJF

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16339 on: September 16, 2021, 10:00:23 am »

I had a genius idea to try out backpack-fu.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It gets heavier with every kill I claim because the game lets me shove far more corpses into it than I'd think possible.
So far, it deletes anything human-sized and below, provided they aren't wearing armor. Force transfer, of course, means that the last point doesn't always matter.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, all that weight adds up. Anything over ~600 urists and I dip below 1.0 maximum sprint gait, and what with being an (intelligent) zombie I don't think I can really benefit from doing the Rocky training montages I skipped out on in life. I am very interested to see how far I can push this backpack, though.

It's Secen Mouthrhymes the one-armed headless intelligent zombie and her impossibly heavy bag of viscera against the world.
"I must pray to Armok. I'm uneasy."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #16340 on: September 16, 2021, 10:47:39 am »

Unfortunately, all that weight adds up. Anything over ~600 urists and I dip below 1.0 maximum sprint gait

Consider riding around in a minecart? You'll need to create one in a player fort, I think.

Just be careful if you crash into a tree and everything gets shotgunned.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

SamJF

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16341 on: September 16, 2021, 04:02:51 pm »

Consider riding around in a minecart? You'll need to create one in a player fort, I think.

Just be careful if you crash into a tree and everything gets shotgunned.

Riding around in a giant lead chum bucket would be a good solution yes, though I contemplated using an elephant, too. Either as a pack animal for the bag, or a mount, I am sure a few tons would be nothing to such a large beast
"I must pray to Armok. I'm uneasy."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16342 on: September 18, 2021, 09:27:06 pm »

Made a nice hammer fighter in my new world, wrestlegrinded him until he was superhumanly strong and superior in all combat stats. I gave him a silver maul in character creation, and I was having a lot of fun beating the bones and limbs off of bandits.

When asking for a quest, my guy ( whom I named Stronghammer ) found the location of a Bronze Colossus shrine. Learning from many repeated past failures, I decided not to go at this one alone.

Brought a spear-woman with me, who honestly did really well in helping divide the Colossi's attention. But, even with all my guy's strength, and a goddamn silver maul ( which has to be the best blunt weapon in the game, right? ) I couldn't fracture any of its bones.

Eventually, my spearwoman companion got their leg broken, and I hoofed it out of there at full sprint, cause I knew the Colossus would start going after me once it killed her.

I had a few more adventures, but eventually decided to retire Stronghammer after he got shot through the lung with a crossbow bolt. It's always annoying playing characters that drop to half speed every few steps.

I made a new character, but this time I wanted to create somebody capable of hurting a Bronze Colossus. Spear and Swordsmen that I've made in past worlds were never able to fracture its limbs, or meaningfully damage it.

I decided to make a miner. I gave him the background of a miner in character creation, which actually put him at proficient in Mining to start with. I bumped it up to talented, and dumped the rest of my points into dodging ( and one point of swimming ).

I wrestlegrinded this guy all the way up to superior and superhuman stats, and boy was my iron pick a good weapon. After killing the usual amount of bandits, I decided to fulfill the next part of my plan.

I went to the hamlet I retired Stronghammer in, and found the Elite Wrestler in a house. After recruiting him, we went after the Bronze Colossus.

I wish I could say it ended in glorious victory. But the damn thing was too tough. I was able to fracture its foot, and its head ( probably because of me having an iron weapon with great penetration ), but that did absolutely nothing to cripple it, or bring it closer to death. I genuinely have no idea how to do enough damage to one to kill it. Get to legendary in mining?

Anyways, me and Stronghammer battered at it from all sides, and even with his faulty lung, Stronghammer did well as I desperately tried to rain down pick strikes and kill the damn bronze bastard. Eventually, Stronghammer got an upper arm beaten to a pulp, and his other lower arm broken. He had no hammer, we had no chance. I ran and hightailed it, far away enough to fast travel.

Imagine my surprise when I see that Stronghammer was still with me. Some scars on his arms, and I think permanent nerve damage in one, and minus his hammer. I renamed him "Armstrong", he's still a legendary wrestler multiple times over. And I sent him on his way.

It's nice not having a former character die on me for once.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Mathel

• Bay Watcher
  • A weird guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16343 on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:31 am »

Silver is the best material for blunt weapons. But maul is the worst blunt weapon. With its large surface and low speed, it does not do much damage to organs, unless it can sever them outright. For pulping bodyparts, you want a whip.

Against bronze colossus, my idea is to sever bodyparts with an edged weapon, preferably adamantite or steel.
The shield beats the sword.
Urge to drink milk while eating steak wrapped with bacon rising...
Outer planes are not subject to any laws of physics that would prevent them from doing their job.
Better than the heavenly host eating your soul.

Schmaven

• Bay Watcher
  • Abiding
    • View Profile
« Reply #16344 on: September 19, 2021, 05:21:45 am »

I had a dwarf defeat a bronze colossus with an exceptional steel sword.  The stabbing attacks caused fractures and chips, and eventually a slash was able to sever the lower body despite being a dabbling swordsdwarf.  Very strong though, which I assume made up for the lack of skill.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16345 on: September 19, 2021, 12:01:47 pm »

Iron or better, piercing weapons, and, I can't stress this enough, high stamina. That bastard is going to take a lot of beating. You need to cripple its legs first, then move on to the arms and head. Run away and rest when you get tired. Eventually it will go down and you'll have a ton of experience. If you're an undead you can even use one as a training dummy!

Quantum Drop

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep Sixed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16346 on: September 19, 2021, 01:21:11 pm »

From my experience, bronze colossi are best taken on with steel (iron chips more often than not from what I've seen, divine metal and candy are hard to come by) battle axes (maybe a pike or spear, if you're feeling bold). I'd advise you powerlevel to hell and back beforehand - the 'grab an animal then spam wait' trick is a great way to send your dodging, shield, stamina, strength, and agility through the roof. You may also want to take advantage of the 'equipping multiple shields' trick, since that seems to give you more of a chance to block an attack you fail at dodging.

When you actually fight it, aim for the bastard's legs and feet - either will do - until it falls over from cumulative damage, then aim for the arms (if you want a training dummy or are cautious) or the head (if you just want the colossus to die). The axe is a really good weapon here if it's steel or better, since it seems to be better at cutting through limbs; penetrating weapons like pikes and spears won't do much since colossi have no organs (they do sometimes work, admittedly), while blunt weapons are for those with a death wish or the patience of a saint and the skill of a munchkin.

If you get damaged, particularly if it's the hand or foot, run away as best as you can and fast-travel. Any injuries that aren't nerve damage (either to the spine or in the 'x nerve severed' sense) immediately heal to become scars, even if the colossus just mashed your hand into a lump of gore. I'm not sure if the same applies to the colossus, but if it doesn't, you should be able to wear it down over multiple visits.
I am ambushed by humans, and for a change, they do not drop dead immediately. I bash the master with my ladle, and he is propelled away. While in mid-air, he dies of old age.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16347 on: September 19, 2021, 02:39:02 pm »

If you're chipping, you're winning. You just have to find out how many chips it takes to get to the center of the bronze colossus.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16348 on: September 20, 2021, 02:11:02 pm »

I murdered a dude I met in the woods shortly after starting an adventurer. His description listed him as a leader, so I assumed he was a bandit leader. I have no other evidence to support this claim, but nevertheless he is dead.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16349 on: September 20, 2021, 05:42:22 pm »

My pickaxe fighter, whom I've named "Omni", is honestly pretty strong right now. I've decked him out in an almost full suit of iron, and his pickaxe is fucking lethal. It's gotten to the point where when I'm ambushed by animals, I make him fight them barehanded just so that the poor beasts last a few rounds.

I'm really lucky in this current world that there are actual semi and megabeast lairs that people can direct me to. Killed an ettin very quickly, by pickaxing it through the heart. It bled out as it ran away.

I then got a direct to a Roc lair across an ocean ( my world is basically an archipelago, but there is some water divide between the main lands ). Thankfully, the world temperature is warm, so I was able to start swimming at the crack of dawn, and even as night descended and the oceans got colder I was able to keep swimming until I hit dry land.

Honestly, the Roc was a bit of a letdown. I crippled it, knocked it unconscious and gouged out its eyes till death. Pretty much any monster that can feel pain dies too quickly against Omni.

Now Omni is stuck across a body of water, and there doesn't seem to be any towns in this part of the world.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 1088 1089 [1090] 1091 1092 ... 1104