Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2017084 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16350 on: September 21, 2021, 04:39:09 am »

well got done testing if elves hatred for nongrown wood gifts/trades is civ based or creature base.
with the answer being : if you talk an elf out of their home to go join a bunch of dwarves they will after some time living at the site start accepting wood items from you.
so it totally caused by the civ/entity than just on the elves themselves.
though I wonder if this was already tested before.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

velanos

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16351 on: September 21, 2021, 08:02:58 am »

I started an adventure on an island alsmot entirely overtaken by necromancers, which gave me the perfect opportunity to train againsts horrors, zombies and soldiers. I spent almost half an hour decapitating zombies in a tower zone the size of 2 cities.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16352 on: September 22, 2021, 04:06:10 pm »

well got done testing if elves hatred for nongrown wood gifts/trades is civ based or creature base.
with the answer being : if you talk an elf out of their home to go join a bunch of dwarves they will after some time living at the site start accepting wood items from you.

It's literally controlled by an entity token tho.

It's good to know their reaction changes. How long does it take?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16353 on: September 23, 2021, 07:24:17 am »

It's literally controlled by an entity token tho.

It's good to know their reaction changes. How long does it take?
well it took a bit longer due to having a bunch of side tests going on in that fort but I think as soon as the elf decided to leave and return to the player site... so probably one good military mission would probably convince them. so in other weird news I learn you can't really do the leader conversion swap when your site reach mayor status due to elect token on the position seems to just dummy out the dialog option for adventurers.
so all the stuff I do in adv mode with hybrid play vanilla wise is restricted to under the 50 population cap... until I find an alternative path to recruitment with mayors that is.
oh yeah I guess you get lock out of pulling folks to your site up until you get monarchs living at the place then you could just shuffle the monarch status off folks and on to others as means to convincing them to manually walk over and join the site. but that probably a big gap between starting a fort and reaching that state where your fort is deem worthy of being the capital for nobles to hang out.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16354 on: September 27, 2021, 07:32:52 pm »

so i opened up one of my adventure saves and after rescuing a bunch of hippies i ended up at what i think was probably the fortress i started at? it's been long enough i don't remember. but there's a shrine nearby with a titan living in it. having gained skill i went eh why not and ventured in.

not only does the shrine have what looks like every written work produced on the continent scattered around the chunk, but the titan? the one that i probably made a point to not confront when i started?

it was made of steam. now i just need to decide what to do about all the books and codices scattered everywhere. my poor camel.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 08:05:55 pm by nezclaw »
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16355 on: September 27, 2021, 09:59:21 pm »

Fighting former adventurers is horrific. I made a demigod character, superior strength speed and toughness, and wrestlegrinded him up to legendary and superhuman in a bunch of stuff. THEN, this guy gets shot through the foot, motor nerve is gone. Guess he's retired.

I decide to do my old thing of building a new unarmed fighter to challenge him, doing all my usual grinding tactics, but starting from hero instead of demigod.

No matter how strong I made my current guy, everytime I'd go and try to kill this crawling, jacked sonuvagun, he'd land a single hit and demolish a part of my body. He'd consistently break the spine of the adventurers id make to go after him, and from there its just him beating me to death while on all fours.

Can't beat perfect genetics I guess.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16356 on: September 27, 2021, 11:21:07 pm »

Fighting former adventurers is horrific. I made a demigod character, superior strength speed and toughness, and wrestlegrinded him up to legendary and superhuman in a bunch of stuff. THEN, this guy gets shot through the foot, motor nerve is gone. Guess he's retired.

I decide to do my old thing of building a new unarmed fighter to challenge him, doing all my usual grinding tactics, but starting from hero instead of demigod.

No matter how strong I made my current guy, everytime I'd go and try to kill this crawling, jacked sonuvagun, he'd land a single hit and demolish a part of my body. He'd consistently break the spine of the adventurers id make to go after him, and from there its just him beating me to death while on all fours.

Can't beat perfect genetics I guess.

Try to grind your dodge to inhuman degree.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16357 on: September 28, 2021, 04:49:36 am »

I feel like the biggest issue is, my demigod crawling character has high master dodger  :P So I always whiff at least one attack, even with professional and upwards striking, and his responding strike always either cripples me or removes my character's ability to breathe.

I might need to un-retire my vultureman character with legendary throwing, and just shower him with bolts from the air.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16358 on: September 28, 2021, 08:24:06 pm »

I feel like the biggest issue is, my demigod crawling character has high master dodger  :P So I always whiff at least one attack, even with professional and upwards striking, and his responding strike always either cripples me or removes my character's ability to breathe.

I might need to un-retire my vultureman character with legendary throwing, and just shower him with bolts from the air.

After training my combat skill with a simple trick http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164906.msg8296757#msg8296757 I was capable of taking down at least grandmaster dodger clown with dozens of strikes into torso with superior quality steel axe. He bled out, was made of flesh. Remember that quality increases chance to hit. Than after taking down clown I just went to a certain awesome metal containing site to behead in a single hit at least half of soldiers in there and almost all assistants. Their beast took few attacks to die. I used same weapon as with clown.
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16359 on: September 30, 2021, 04:47:16 pm »

My last adventurer in my current Highfantasy world got savagely butchered by a "lion hybrid" (basically a Greek chimera), so now I'm sending a second adventurer from the same civ to avenge her. If he dies, then I'll send yet another adventurer from that civ to pursue the quest in his place and so on and so forth.

Damn, is DF finally turning me into Lord Faarquad?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 05:09:11 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16360 on: October 01, 2021, 02:11:40 am »

My last adventurer in my current Highfantasy world got savagely butchered by a "lion hybrid" (basically a Greek chimera), so now I'm sending a second adventurer from the same civ to avenge her. If he dies, then I'll send yet another adventurer from that civ to pursue the quest in his place and so on and so forth.

Damn, is DF finally turning me into Lord Faarquad?

All of them will die and this is a slaughter you demand.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16361 on: October 01, 2021, 08:20:02 am »

Another world, another one man army swordsman. Dude has over a hundred and fifty kills, is covered head to toe in armour, and is honestly one of my strongest characters.

I've been trying to find fun things to fight, cause pretty much anything that feels pain inevitably dies too easily ( and that's pretty much every semi-megabeast ) and stuff that are too strong to fight ( bronze colossi ) would cost me this painstakingly built up character.

I savescummed and tried to fight Bogeymen ( which I just learned only spawn on evil biomes, and can transform now ). Was able to kill a fair few of them, before getting overwhelmed. Copied save file here we go.

The latest I've been doing is hunting forgotten beasts in their shrines, and so far have been lucky not to encounter any creatures with webs. Worst I've dealt with is a FB with dangerous blood, and apparently caused my dude's lungs to rot. Not sure if there's any long term effects or lethality, it's certainly not affecting my guy's breathing.

I really want to find a hydra. I keep getting directions to certain semi-megabeasts, like giants and cyclops, but then there's no actual cave to enter. Same for the one hydra I've seen pop up when I ask rulers about problems to solve.

I feel like a hydra strikes a good balance between "will die to me effortlessly" and "will kill me before I have the chance to do anything".
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

nezclaw

• Bay Watcher
  • i should really migrate my saves...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16362 on: October 02, 2021, 07:07:24 pm »

turns out the reason the framerate dropped so hard when i entered this fortress is because there's an insurrection in progress.
Dawnthunder: It menaces with spikes of tetanus
After the fire had burned down all of the wooden next boxes on the surface, Mottled Petrel was reluctant to replace them with more wooden nest boxes. Instead, he placed the remaining store of wooden nest boxes in the dormitory for any aspiring koopa mothers.

The nest boxes were immediately overrun by helmet snakes.

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16363 on: October 04, 2021, 10:29:13 am »

turns out the reason the framerate dropped so hard when i entered this fortress is because there's an insurrection in progress.

IT WAS INEVITABLE

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16364 on: October 08, 2021, 12:10:25 am »

My latest guy was so much fun. Made him an unarmed fighter, stat grinded him up to superhuman endurance and superior everything else. Made him legendary in striking, kitted him out with armour, the whole shebang.

After making him very strong and difficult to kill by normal human standards, I decided to go further and make his body perfect. I was gonna make him a vampire.

Sadly, vampires never came up when asking for quests, so after a LOT of research on the wiki and scouring legends mode on this world, I found a monastery, and learned how to use the dice.

Without even needing to savescum, my already superhuman fighter was "cursed" by the gods with vampirism.

Goodbye needing to eat, drink, breathe, or feel pain. The biggest advantage it gave me, I realised, was I could now keep my character at a full sprint forever without getting tired. I stripped him of all his armour, and went off into the world to maim and kill.

Literally a few steps away on the map was a vault. After wiki'ing what the hell a vault was, I decided to enter.

The assistants were fairly easy, they could feel pain and bleed out. I learned that their necks were their weak point, and my guy biting their necks would either sever a major artery, or rip off their necks wholesale and kill them instantly.

The Valorous spirits were more dangerous cause of their higher skill and weaponry, but even easier to kill. They were all made of fire, so a single clean shot at their upper and lower bodies would kill them instantly. Only started melting once, and it only resulted in my guy losing his lower body's fat.

Eventually, my luck caught up with me. Facing two assistants, one of them got a lucky hit in on my super speedy vampire, and broke my spine. I still killed them both, cause even unable to strike or breathe, I could still just auto attack them until they died with bite.

I decided not to savescum, and retire. Just to see where I would be deposited in this vault.

Reactivating my character, I found the most metal and hilarious fate: He was deposited at the top of the vault, several Z levels high in the sky. Still crippled, but still not needing to breathe. I couldn't jump off the roof of the vault, or climb down, cause I couldn't get out of prone or use my hands.

So now my adventurer will rest there for all eternity ( or until I destroy this world ), crawling on all fours like a beast, unable to die, and unable to fight anything. A fitting punishment for a madman who sought nothing more than to perfect his body, his skills, and carve out a bloody swathe through the world.

Here is "Hammer" Twistbush the Unwelcome, 43 notable kills and 71 unnamed kills.  May he rest in torment.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 1089 1090 [1091] 1092 1093 ... 1103