Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016780 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16380 on: October 14, 2021, 10:19:41 pm »

Ok so given that story seems like the campsite you made must been in some location that unloaded that campsite.
and in doing so unloaded the nemesis data on that adventurer.
congrats on writing a tale around this phenomenon.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16381 on: October 15, 2021, 12:42:36 am »

Any idea what locations are bad to build sites in? Two locations were lost in the Museum III game. I figured it was data corruption from file transfers uploading/downloading and condensing/extracting the file over and over. But if there's something predictable to it, then that would be important news.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16382 on: October 15, 2021, 04:51:44 am »

Like the large dagger unloading crash.
Yes this has happened before in a few of my games. One I could traverse into by jumping and grab the floating objects but this was only blacked out on one z level and it created the river underneath to become filled in with stone, anyway its irrelevant here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16383 on: October 15, 2021, 05:32:51 am »

My current vampire martial artist has gained enough strength and striking skill to be able to literally cut off people's hands with scratches. I've never had a character who could do that before.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #16384 on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:55 am »

My current vampire martial artist has gained enough strength and striking skill to be able to literally cut off people's hands with scratches. I've never had a character who could do that before.

This is actual Dio shit.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16385 on: October 15, 2021, 06:34:09 am »

I stacked all stats in combat to become a legendary warrior only to realize that your legend in-game really builds through personality and social stuff the most

so I'm this legendary iron warrior who has wiped out two entire settlements and fought legendary monsters and people are just like "Who the hell are you and why should I care?"

It's kind of funny actually no complaints here

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #16386 on: October 15, 2021, 06:55:20 am »

I stacked all stats in combat to become a legendary warrior only to realize that your legend in-game really builds through personality and social stuff the most

so I'm this legendary iron warrior who has wiped out two entire settlements and fought legendary monsters and people are just like "Who the hell are you and why should I care?"

It's kind of funny actually no complaints here
This is the peak of comedy.

'I swear I'm a legendary warrior. It was I who smote the settlements of Leapaddled and Smokefurnaces to the ground, leaving none alive.'
'Well... If you killed everyone, how do we know it was you? Could've been anything that did in the settlements.'
'I'm serious, it was me,' the warlord pouted. 'I smote them to atoms, such that nothing of them remained!'
'So nothing remained. So there's no proof.'
'NO!'
'Get out of here, you're the third mighty undefeated warrior we've seen in this tavern today.'

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16387 on: October 15, 2021, 04:47:05 pm »

And so another city is purged...

Also, what large dagger related crash?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2021, 04:49:22 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16388 on: October 18, 2021, 01:07:12 am »

I'm also intrigued.

First time playing DF that wasn't a succession fort in months: Pocket world where I'm just messing around switching between adventurers and fort mode. All adventurers have the name Inselcog - Gangboot because I randomly rolled it on the first one. I basically only ever play as peasant adventurers.

Nil Gangboot found the necromancer slab, read it, but left it where it was. Now, I'm torn between making a new fort to produce blank books for her, so I might spread the secrets of life and death across this tiny pocket world. Or, seek revenge for the previous two Gangboots who were killed by goblins! Domas Gangboot was killed as part of a world event, too - it wasn't even my fault!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 09:54:52 pm by delphonso »

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16389 on: October 18, 2021, 03:51:51 am »

Something something don't trade your starter dagger to people or there's a chance that your game will crash with every save and fast travel.
Though im not sure on it's specific trigger.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16390 on: October 20, 2021, 09:35:25 pm »

I'm also intrigued.

First time playing DF that wasn't a succession fort in months: Pocket world where I'm just messing around switching between adventurers and fort mode. All adventurers have the name Inselcog - Gangboot because I randomly rolled it on the first one. I basically only ever play as peasant adventurers.

Tobul Gangboot found the necromancer slab, read it, but left it where it was. Now, I'm torn between making a new fort to produce blank books for her, so I might spread the secrets of life and death across this tiny pocket world. Or, seek revenge for the previous two Gangboots who were killed by goblins! Domas Gangboot was killed as part of a world event, too - it wasn't even my fault!
so funny thing about this you could make a new adventurer with blank quires and scrolls to give to the necro-adv in hope to spread secrets of life and death across the world. one could set up a necro book club by making the necromancer convert other adventurers into revenant/intel undead with a river and just resurrect them after they successfully drowned.
"body swapping and YOU!"

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16391 on: October 20, 2021, 10:02:13 pm »

Got the name wrong: it's Nil Gangboot who read the slab.

The story continues:

Nil and a new dwarven adventurer Tolun Gangboot headed toward the plains where Stukos was murdered. Right as they found the body, a group of goblins and dwarves rushed forward. Foolishly assuming the dwarves were on their side, Nil raised Stukos' dead body. The goblins and dwarves proved too deadly and struck down Tolun and Stukos (again). Nil was forced to flee, rising the two behind her as she went south. Stukos and Tolun died once more.

A small fortress named Bookcloset was founded, and produced a ton of scrolls. They were ravaged by giant langurs. Sensing the opportunity, Nil stuffed a backpack with dead crabs and otters and headed off. She overwhelmed the dwarves, but Bembul, the expedition leader got a lucky hit with a pick. Nil's guts were spilled as she ran out with the scrolls.

Now, author of 7 scrolls with the secrets of life and death in them, she has retired to Bonecradle (actual first randomly generated name), a small cabin near the sea. Her only companion: the sole surviving animated crab claw. Her guts trail behind her as she walks the shores.

TLDR: I accidentally made a sea hag.

so funny thing about this you could make a new adventurer with blank quires and scrolls to give to the necro-adv in hope to spread secrets of life and death across the world. one could set up a necro book club by making the necromancer convert other adventurers into revenant/intel undead with a river and just resurrect them after they successfully drowned.

I wish I had thought of this - the dwarven civ is so weakened at this point, that I can no longer make dwarven adventurers (and what's the fun in being an elf?) - so now I've got to rebuild the civ a bit by making a large fortress...Whether or not the old sea-hag will become a resident is undecided.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:42:24 pm by delphonso »

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16392 on: October 21, 2021, 04:20:37 am »

I mistakenly did the similar in the vault of death. Its a library and scolars have been coming and seeing 5 slabs of life and death amd leaving different people. Definitely not what I had intended so I believe I murdered some pretty important people in the sake of preserving this world and the fort.
I have no idea if they did it during fort mode or during world gen

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16393 on: October 26, 2021, 05:49:59 am »

Man, these bogeymen in the latest version are tough as hell.

My latest vampire martial artist, who has at least superior in every physical stat, is constantly sprinting, and has legendary striking, wrestling, and dodging, STILL cannot defeat a bunch of transformed bogeymen. They keep turning into giant creatures, and the second one of them actually sinks in a deep bite and I can no longer dodge or jump away, the rest of them dogpile me.

I've savescummed a bunch of times, and I'm not quitting until my guy defeats the bogeymen with his bare hands.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16394 on: October 26, 2021, 06:54:23 pm »

Man, these bogeymen in the latest version are tough as hell.

My latest vampire martial artist, who has at least superior in every physical stat, is constantly sprinting, and has legendary striking, wrestling, and dodging, STILL cannot defeat a bunch of transformed bogeymen. They keep turning into giant creatures, and the second one of them actually sinks in a deep bite and I can no longer dodge or jump away, the rest of them dogpile me.

I've savescummed a bunch of times, and I'm not quitting until my guy defeats the bogeymen with his bare hands.
ok so what you're dealing with now is pretty much bogeymen with werebeast transformations so the boons of healing wounds from transforming on top of the cackling constantly checking how many bogeymen there are and noticing there's like 2 active while the rest are now random critters and beast and spawning more.

so at best you could stop aggroing the whole group by becoming a revenant/intelundead and losing the fear emotion will give you a better shot at fighting them... or wait for one to turn into a wolf and crump them before they revert back. oh and if you get a intel undead with a propel interaction you can just force push the bogeymen into a wall repeatedly and kill them that way. oh and while they won't attack you as a revenant on sight they can be provoked into attacking if you hit them.

also given the ability to turn into a different creature this saves them from the cackling ending affect if you do happen to end the cackling by building a roof over your head.

though being a necromancer/revenant might give you the opportunity to getting a undead bogeyman mount if you play your cards right and reanimate the corpse of a bogeyman one tick before ending the cackling.
oh and a turned bogeyman is open to assault by other bogeymen if you talk to any of them though this is mostly safe to do when you got 'nofear'

so far in my adventurers I went and tested with cages again in dfhack and ended up quantum leaped into one of my adventurers horses where I just mounted one of the adv's pet bears and noticed the adventurer mounted the horse I'm controlling on their own so now I got the feeling of it's probably possible to set up a pet mount chain where you gift a pet to a pet and repeat that until they all primed to jump on the backs of the rider.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 1091 1092 [1093] 1094 1095 ... 1103