Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014634 times)

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #16395 on: October 26, 2021, 10:36:23 pm »

Nil Gangboot, horrifically maimed sea-hag snuck back toward where Stukos, Tolun, and Domas Gangboot had all been killed. She snuck around, found their corpses, and stuffed them in a backpack just inches away from a dwarf soldier.

Back at Bonecradle, Stukos and Domas are resurrected - Tolun's mangled head is placed on a pedestal to never be forgotten. I retire and play as Domas - Stukos immediately tries to kill Nil (loyalty issues - not surprising after his...6 or so deaths). Retire again and play as Stukos - fleeing the camp.

Stukos Gangboot kills a pack of dingoes, and raises them as an undead army. They take down an ettin, raise that too, and find a second slab - one that gives the power to create Death Ones. They wander into an abandoned fortress and kill the few noble residents inside - a twist! They're the royalty of Stukos's civ! First Nil now the whole nation! Stukos the betrayer!

Stukos sets up a camp surrounded by zombies in the far north. Bloodbasin waits to be useful some day.

Seeking out the last slab, Domas goes on a grand adventure which basically just results in racking up a night troll and cyclops kill count. A night hag wrestles Domas and meticulously breaks every bone in his hands and arms. Domas is still alive (well...undead), but can no longer wield weapons and struggles to even pick stuff up. He retires in Bonecradle for a while until I can think of a way to do more with this.

-=-=-=-=-

If I somehow kill Domas (intelligent undead) and raise him again as an intelligent undead - will his arms work again?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16396 on: October 26, 2021, 11:45:03 pm »

Nil Gangboot, horrifically maimed sea-hag snuck back toward where Stukos, Tolun, and Domas Gangboot had all been killed. She snuck around, found their corpses, and stuffed them in a backpack just inches away from a dwarf soldier.

Back at Bonecradle, Stukos and Domas are resurrected - Tolun's mangled head is placed on a pedestal to never be forgotten. I retire and play as Domas - Stukos immediately tries to kill Nil (loyalty issues - not surprising after his...6 or so deaths). Retire again and play as Stukos - fleeing the camp.

Stukos Gangboot kills a pack of dingoes, and raises them as an undead army. They take down an ettin, raise that too, and find a second slab - one that gives the power to create Death Ones. They wander into an abandoned fortress and kill the few noble residents inside - a twist! They're the royalty of Stukos's civ! First Nil now the whole nation! Stukos the betrayer!

Stukos sets up a camp surrounded by zombies in the far north. Bloodbasin waits to be useful some day.

Seeking out the last slab, Domas goes on a grand adventure which basically just results in racking up a night troll and cyclops kill count. A night hag wrestles Domas and meticulously breaks every bone in his hands and arms. Domas is still alive (well...undead), but can no longer wield weapons and struggles to even pick stuff up. He retires in Bonecradle for a while until I can think of a way to do more with this.

-=-=-=-=-

If I somehow kill Domas (intelligent undead) and raise him again as an intelligent undead - will his arms work again?

resurrection mostly undos the death state on units and doesn't really repairs them outside of turning off the bleed out or other ways to die and instead swaps that out for an undead health pool, that said you probably need to either figure out a way to get them to roll on divine die or pick up a religion and Spite the gods to get cursed with werebeastism
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16397 on: October 26, 2021, 11:51:46 pm »

Damn. Well - Domas has had a good life. He deserves to retire. I don't think undead can do either of those things.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16398 on: October 27, 2021, 02:31:02 pm »

My latest adventurer started off in a fort that's apparently in the process of flooding, or at least one level of it is. She's wading knee-deep right now. None of her neighbours seem to know what's going on either, and in fact seem to be trying their best to pretend everything is normal while floundering in the rising water. Pity.

EDIT: Aaaand she ended up drowning in an entirely unrelated incident while lost in the caverns. How's that for a punchline?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:03:52 pm by PlumpHelmetMan »
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16399 on: October 27, 2021, 05:10:59 pm »

Made a coyote woman adventurer, started off in a town and immediately found some familiars. Learned a spell of recuperation from them and taught a bunch of merchants in the town square their personal spells. Now a large section of the town know "innate" magic. Visited a library, at least I think it's supposed to be a library. Just a two story building with some empty wooden bins on one floor and tables and chairs on the next. Also the temple, same old boring temple to something or other deity.

Being tiny, too small for dwarf clothing or armor, I'm really extremely weak and vulnerable. So I wrestled some ravens for a few hours to grind up my shield, dodging and wrestling/fighting skills. Am now a supercoyotewomanly strong and agile legendary wrestler. Maybe won't die to the first thing that looks at me funny? Who knows!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lovechild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16400 on: October 28, 2021, 10:38:12 am »

Human bard went on a tour in the elf lands. Got good ratings but nothing special. She retired in an elven settlement.

I play fort mode for a while, then check back on the adventurer in the legends. She's been made queen of the elven civilization!

Turns out there's a civil war on. The former queen, princess, and druid were all killed in a coup d'état. Whatever faction is behind it all has clearly propped up the hapless human as a puppet ruler...
All Races Playable Mod - Minimal mod to play as any race in DF - For 0.50.01

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16401 on: October 29, 2021, 04:14:49 am »

Nish is a badgerman from Dwarven lands - he doesn't know human sensibilities.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16402 on: October 31, 2021, 04:50:35 am »

After having had to delete a few old worlds due to crashing, it's nice having a fresh one. Time to make another overpowered martial artist with super stats.

Made him superior strength to start, with a large bulky body type. My personal favourite for making bare handed bruisers, who can do the most damage per hit. Named him "Sergio" after the Mr. Olympia.

After getting him up to my usual specifications, I have had him go around basically conquering every hamlet and town I can find.

The gameplay loop of me walking up to the local lord or lady, asking if they're the leader, staking my claim on the site ( usually by naming the group "the X of Muscles" or some variation ) and then punching them in the face, is super satisfying. Seeing the popup of me becoming the lord of the site, followed by every soldier trying to dogpile me is great.

Usually I'm able to kill the first 3 soldiers, then the rest hesitate, and then I ask them to stop fighting. The ones that do, I ask them to be my hearthpersons and they accept.

I put it as my character's goal to rule the world, I'm wondering if it's actually possible to do that. Currently, the only settlements I can't take over are the ones with so many individuals, that when I turn them hostile it crashes my game.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16403 on: October 31, 2021, 08:01:24 pm »

You won't rule the world... Not with me in your way.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16404 on: November 03, 2021, 07:51:06 am »

I retired Sergio, after he sustained a motor nerve injury to his left hand.

Aftewards, I had fun making a swordsman character, and just slaughtering entire towns to train up his sword skill. Retired him too, cause I wanted to find where Sergio was so they could meet ( and potentially fight ).

After a bunch of rigmarole with Sergio and him always moving to a different hamlet than the one I retired him in ( due to him owning sites ) I decided to turn Sergio into a werebeast, so he could heal the damage to his arm.

After almost a dozen savescums, I finally turned him into a wereloris. Then came the tedious process of sleeping the days away, eating and drinking, just to wait for the transformation.

It was honestly hilarious how weak the wereloris was, stat wise, compared to how Sergio was normally. But another day of waiting, and Sergio returned, completely free of injury, scars and blemishes. The King of Muscle was back.

I retired him in a hamlet called Judgetwinkles, making sure he'd actually stay there by claiming the position of lord before retiring. My swordsman, named Kore, travelled there and finally met him.

I tried to see how fighting Sergio would go, and it didn't end well. Even with both hands stabbed through, Sergio beat the brakes off of Kore and killed me.

One savescum later, I've decided to try and earn enough renown as Kore to work for Sergio as a Hearthperson. Maybe assemble a nice little superhero squad of legendary adventurers, and make them all Sergio's hearthpersons, in time. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Amaranth

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Dodger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16405 on: November 03, 2021, 08:55:50 pm »

Don't believe me as I create my own realities and thus have total influence over them but I believe your wereform can train its body parallel to your own mortal body training. Though I am not sure it probably needs corroboration and testing.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16406 on: November 03, 2021, 11:50:28 pm »

Don't believe me as I create my own realities and thus have total influence over them but I believe your wereform can train its body parallel to your own mortal body training. Though I am not sure it probably needs corroboration and testing.
ok so considering body changes are tied to attributes and just check and the soul only contains the mental attributes not the physical ones so technically if the body changes at any point the game could alter the physical attributes of the person though to test this I probably should dip into making a bogeyman adventurer and see if the physical attributes change between transformation though it does seem like the enemy and curse section in the unit body might have a factor on preserving the original form of the unit by having a second set of unit body data.

also in different news I just realize the mount movement is controlled by the path system and the adventurer is really ordering the mount to go to certain locations.
and I noticed this when I ordered a mount to go directly up and they started pathing to the stairs and move directly to the spot above the position of my adventurer.
so now I'm trying to write a script that lets you look at a direction and order the mount to go there which would be a different mount script I worked on before as this one wouldn't fling the mount like a ragdoll.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16407 on: November 05, 2021, 08:03:37 am »

also in different news I just realize the mount movement is controlled by the path system and the adventurer is really ordering the mount to go to certain locations.
and I noticed this when I ordered a mount to go directly up and they started pathing to the stairs and move directly to the spot above the position of my adventurer.
so now I'm trying to write a script that lets you look at a direction and order the mount to go there which would be a different mount script I worked on before as this one wouldn't fling the mount like a ragdoll.
Fascinating.

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16408 on: November 05, 2021, 10:44:48 am »

My "fort" is nestled between a few other forts and I originally just used it as a burial ground for my companions, but now I'm expanding it to a full inn.

The goblins to the west are now sending out raids against my neighbors which provide good training since the best armored ones seem to be wearing copper gear
Majority are recruits

I'm STILL not a legendary warrior with 70 kills and multiple great feats lol

I wield a legendary two-handed sword and am covered in scars and the locals are still like
"Why the hell should I care?"
It's just funny
I am investing in my social skills more though now so maybe it will change one day

Maloy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16409 on: November 05, 2021, 04:16:10 pm »

Gets sent to bandit camp in the woods to wipe out bandits

arrive and there's only children
Assume they are kidnapped and talk to each one

They assure me they belong there and the only problem they have is that I have my weapons out

Well...looks like these kids started a bandit career young and are ending it young -wields blade with malicious intent-
Pages: 1 ... 1092 1093 [1094] 1095 1096 ... 1103