Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019668 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1935 on: February 21, 2011, 07:07:06 pm »

After slaying a few camps of bandits and accidentally stealing back my stuff, I ran off to another kingdom and managed to father up a fortress' military force into my party.

Has anyone noticed how whenever you ask someone in a human hamlet/town about surroundings or something they mention someone starved to death?

That's because .19 is The Release Of The Famine. Whole civs are starving to death when something goes wrong.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Vlad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 21, 2011, 09:25:26 pm »

After slaying a few titans, me and an elf companion went to slay an ettin, and this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elf just exploded everywhere from being thrown.

Jacos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 22, 2011, 07:24:18 am »

My great ninja like duel sword wielding swordsman demigod had his foot cut off by a bandit leader, so he peacefully retired.
Dwarven Science: We do what we must, because, we're bored.

Every few miles, [the dwarves] stop the cart.  One of the dwarfs (sic) gets off, digs a hole down below the dirt layers, licks the bedrock, and then they know exactly where they are.  It's called GPS: Geological Piquancy Sampling.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:16 am »

I went to a town so big it crashed DF recently...

Alnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 22, 2011, 07:57:48 pm »

I just got ambushed by "The Joyous Butterflies". ???

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 22, 2011, 08:23:07 pm »

I just got ambushed by "The Joyous Butterflies". ???

I was once ambushing by The Shafts of Polishing... I almost bled to death, fortunately, most of the bandits were distracted (and killed) by a nearby elephant.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 23, 2011, 08:38:21 am »

Found some guy named 'Hok Jasročtôs'*, he was a lasher. Probably was a historical figure, since I found him wearing a 'dusk creature bone bracelet'. That, and he was flashing. I recruited him, and as soon as I got to the nearest town (started in a hamlet), he jumped in a stream to get at a milkfish that must have looked at him funny or something. Hok drowned. :(

*From a mod I'm working on. One of the new races is a race of cat-people with a crazy awesome language.

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 23, 2011, 04:27:19 pm »

I've killed over twenty brook trolls in a row. By taking a nap. My peasant companion is now covered in scars and able to rip a black bear limb from limb on his own, he's taken his share of beatings, though. So I name him Punchbag. And then he went missing, I retired and searched for him in legends. He settled in some other villiage, I want to find him and recruit him again, he his among the most badass peasants in legends and I can't slay an ettin without him.

qgloafhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 23, 2011, 04:59:00 pm »

I just killed my first balor with a kick to the head. Illithid void masters are awesome! :D

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1944 on: February 23, 2011, 05:02:58 pm »

I was fortunate enough to enter a martial trance by throwing sand at a human. I was then beset by him and 3 dorfs. They all died instantly. Shortly after, the trance ended, and i got chased by 9 armed dorfs. They all died.

:D

I love Thob Ragebeard.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

Urist McBusDriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 25, 2011, 03:38:43 pm »

Wandering round the mountain range the castleman keeps sending me to delouse. Five or six times in a row he says something like "Save the kingdom by slaying [name] the [location] titan, in the mountain range far to the east!" As it takes a week to walk to those mountains and back, I was trying to find any other titans while I was in the area and pre-empt his next quests.

Instead, I found a lair.

In the lair, I found a dragon!

Behind the dragon and the pile of dragon toes, I found a lot of money!

Related note: is there a convenient way to stack items such as coins?
Also related note: is there any point in bothering to keep them? I have full iron armour (standard quality) and a steel battleaxe and if I desperately need anything from a shop I can just slay a nearby giraffe and trade its component parts for what I want...

Edit: Urist McCastlebloke sent me back to the eastern slopes, AGAIN, to kill a hill titan. A humanoid made from steam. I saw him in the distance, thought "not too sure what an axe will do to steam", threw a copper kitchen-knife at him and it took off one of his arms.
"The Hill Titan has been caught in a cloud of steam!
The Hill Titan has been caught in a burst of steam!"
Not good to get close then. Second knife missed. Third knife took off his head. Bit of an anti-climax. But I'm getting good at circle-strafing those bogeymen during the weeks of travel...
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 04:45:34 pm by Urist McBusDriver »
Of course, since he doesn't actually walk around counting things, we can only assume that bookkeeping time is spent in deep meditation, psychically sensing exactly how many piles of orthoclase there are. It takes a while to hone a skill like that.

Maxi150

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 25, 2011, 07:32:42 pm »

I am currently marauding around the countryside as Arcanum the Terror, a VERY bitey dragon, although that's all that he really does since I have no idea how to mod in the use of dragon fire.

Anyway back to topic, im biting off bogeyman limbs and then eating/licking them, they are only just bruising me through these thick scales.

Im also planning on creating a dual-wielding, half human-half dragon hybrid, I might add some wings to make it look snazzy. :D

em312s0n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 25, 2011, 10:11:49 pm »

After slaying a few titans, me and an elf companion went to slay an ettin, and this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The elf just exploded everywhere from being thrown.
that is cool i wonder if any Urist can do that with enough strength?

Megaman3321

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm everywhere but this Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 25, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »

So, I have a human outsider who became world-renowned for heroic acts, and was a legendary hero for ~3 civs. 48 kills in 31.18. So, I got a quest from the lawgiver (a demon btw) to kill a hydra.

As it turns out, Wanderer's Mod glitches several animals to be basically invincible. Now for things like Rhesus Macaques and ...Vultures, this isn't a problem. However, it IS a problem when the quest monster (hydra) is invincible, and stopping you from being even more legendary :(
Glacial on dwarves being assigned socks:
You see, here's how I think this works:
Overseer: Welcome to the military! You need to wear socks! Dorf: Oh, I should get military socks. My socks are civilian socks. Dorf discards socks Dorf: You know, I need a whole lot of gear now. I should get socks... last. Oh, but these steel boots with the white goo on them are nice!
I know you can pick up water, then throw said water, while underwater, to kill a fish -He_Silent_H

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 25, 2011, 11:48:08 pm »

My ultimate hero died from Boogeymen... somehow

His right arm was CHIPPED and he instantly fell unconscious.

Now that has to be a glitch. I've turned people into goo and they havn't fell unconscious. I get my arm chipped and I fall unconscious faster then shock.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 1104