Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019763 times)

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #2295 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:48 am »

I was sent on a big quest from a civ' (law giver).
I turn up on the spot, it's a spearman, starts attacking one of my companions, I'm thinking that this was going to be some fight.

Then, he died of old age in front of us  :P

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: May 20, 2011, 01:02:07 am »

ok, just made a peasant. this one will survive a second battle, i swear it. novice swords, adiquate fight and dodge, novice swim. all i could aford. is fast and above average strength and toughness though

snoopychicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: May 20, 2011, 07:01:26 am »

I made a hero swordsman and spent some time taking on bandits and buying armor. Now I'm fully suited up Im going to take an expedition down into the murky depths
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: May 20, 2011, 12:14:42 pm »

Ran across a human fort made of native gold. And they don't even spare a penny when you do some work for them.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: May 20, 2011, 01:06:49 pm »

Either I've lost my mojo, or this world has some powerful night creatures.  I'm trying to train up an adventurer to go clean out the hoards of goblins in my abandoned fortress.  I keep trying to kill night creatures so I can convince some chumps to come with me, but I keep getting insta-killed.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: May 20, 2011, 01:20:36 pm »

Either I've lost my mojo, or this world has some powerful night creatures.  I'm trying to train up an adventurer to go clean out the hoards of goblins in my abandoned fortress.  I keep trying to kill night creatures so I can convince some chumps to come with me, but I keep getting insta-killed.

Hey, I'm in the same position as you are ! And both last adventurers got killed ultra quickly (and the second one was a demigod...).

noah22223

• Bay Watcher
  • No. you fucking lose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: May 20, 2011, 03:11:54 pm »

Eh, screw all the important skills.
GRAND MASTER AXEDORF, GO!
*5 megabeast kills later*
Da, This vill vork.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8
So I'm a Depressing Jesus Wizard being stalked by Satan Lights, and my home's wiring is going bad?
Goddammit.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: May 20, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »

The...agony of choice?

I wonder if I threw him, would the guts act like a kind of bungee cord?

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: May 20, 2011, 04:33:58 pm »

this peasant of mine... she rocks. she already killed a full up night creature she ran into accidentally, and is now on her way to the civ leader. all without cheap boring super grinding.

zair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: May 20, 2011, 06:41:05 pm »

i brought down random vengence on an aligator who had gotten a name from killing one of my previus peasant characters, no idea why he was wondering around in the snow far from any river...
killed a few genuine night horrors and a giant, then had my sword wrestled away from me and got my head cut off with it by a moon horror. was a pretty good run for just a peasant with nothing powerleveled

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: May 21, 2011, 06:16:18 am »

Bein' a war elephant, doin' elephanty things, lalalala..
When suddenly a named wolf attacks me.
Then I kill him.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Kynrael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: May 21, 2011, 04:09:17 pm »

It was raining, a cloudy day filled with misery. The dark, grey sky was like a weight upon the world.
It was raining, on the women's and men's faces too. One of the woman had an arm and a leg missing. The other beared a massive scar on the foot. The man's eyes were dead even though he wasn't injured.

They had seen five of their companions fall today. Five close friends, killed in a brutal assault from a group of bandits twice their size. They lived only for their dwarf leader, a hero among their civilisation.

But as mighty as he seemed to them, the dwarf was slightly injured on his right leg. A arrow wound, but he could feel it, as if some sickness crawled under his skin. He looked at the dead bodies, knowing that his time left on this world was ticking away. It was time to accomplish a last job, get some men and take back the fortress...

Thirteen. They were thirteen to set out, for a week's journey to the fortress "Fall of Birds", built to commemorate the fall of a mighty Roc of the age, which had fallen prey to goblins.
The journey was calm, but the dwarf felt the sickness in his leg. It was taunting him, and he couldn't strike back.

The sun was high when the party found the fortress. Litter was all upon the ground; the dwarf could hardly restrain his anger at this horrible pillage. The first goblin they fell upon was well equiped, but quickly disposed of.

The dwarf forged his way quickly to the entrance, and there he met the eye of the general of the army. As the goblin proudly spat the names of those he had felled, Kynrael Oddomotil concentrated, entering a trance, and started to walk slowly towards Atu Usnarstozu, his long iron sword at the ready.

The fight was blurry. Suddenly the trance wore off, and the dwarf was standing amidst three corpses of goblins. The goblin army continued to come and attack, pair by pair of goblins. He disposed of a few outside, then decided to explore the interior of the fortress.

He encountered trolls and goblins but easily killed them. The fight continued in the lobby of the fortress, Kynrael swimming through goblin and troll blood, unscathed, until twenty-seven bodies were littered in front of him. But then, his luck wore out and his skill with a sword could not help anymore.

The dwarf was tiring, and a troll charges him brutally throwing him to the ground. Unperturbed, he gets up, but then, a sudden pain makes him fall. A cackling laughter tells him that a goblin just fired a bolt in his back.
Straining against the pain, he blocks the trolls attacks but is pushed against the wall. He tries to flee, crawling towards the exit... But succumbs to the pain and falls uncounscious right on the doorstep.

Gleefully, the goblins take advantage of the situation, and the ones with crossbows fire without stopping at the prone dwarf. It is said that more than ten bolts hit him before he finally died at their hands...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 05:56:09 pm by Kynrael »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: May 21, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »

Looks like this is the end, friends.
Surrounded now by a dozen or so bandits, a breed of minotaurs. Every bit as big as the feral, labyrinth-dwellers, possessing some trickle of the same innate skill, wielding terrible weapons of war. Armored or not they're terrifying. Suppose I was hoping the Lord of the castle would point me towards a minotaur, but this is ridiculous.

Well... Let me have at the leader, and try not to die while I distract it. I'm going to take his axe and kill his friends with it anyway.

Ye, it went about as well as expected. Lost a good number of my companions, everybody left appears to be injured, and I myself took a ferocious beating from one of the hammerers. I killed the leader quickly and efficiently, taking his <+Massive Iron Axe+> up in the same hand as my shield, mostly because my other hand looks like a clump of gore hanging from my arm after what the hammerer did to me. No wonder I spent the next half hour slipping in and out of consciousness, along with the others. The guy that did it didnt run far, unlike a couple of his compatriots who ran off to beat up horses, and I killed him in three more hits with my new toy. This adventurer isnt done yet, but if they live to slay a dragon or two I'll make them their own little fortress to retire in, fully stocked with foolish little dorfs.
Onra Yorepraises the Mindful Rim of Alchemies. One notable kill for every year she's been alive, at 21.
And with those last two notable kills I get what I wanted: a dragon to kill.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 10:59:23 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: May 22, 2011, 01:58:03 pm »

Test running the Move souls and move zombie command in adventure mode and by lord this makes commanding an army of frail weak lepers easier.
Let alone you could set up spawn points with the souls and trap fleeing peasants with their own town members.
the down side to this is the invisible walls that will clutter the area from warping zombies to the pointer.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: May 22, 2011, 03:27:58 pm »

Being a hunter adventurer is quite fun.  Until I have to go to town to sell the meat.  Then the 30 seconds per move annoys the hell outta me.  And then there's the fact that I need to crawl through the shops (turning the 30 seconds per move into a minute 30 seconds per move) because there's 10 people per tile in the shop.

Anybody know a fix for that?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1104