Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011195 times)

blazing glory

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5730 on: April 27, 2014, 02:30:06 am »

Something pretty strange happened in my recent adventure. I had started a new adventurer on a new world, and my first quest was to kill a night creature. I gathered up a few companions and set off. When I arrived, it turned out that there were three instead. It was no problem though, my companions and I quickly killed them with no deaths. The weird part is, though, when we returned home and reported the news, everyone started treating me like a hero. I don't know how high my reputation is, but it must be pretty high as they were reporting me to the Lord instead of giving me quests themselves. It was odd.

That is strange,they shouldn't report you to the lord after your first quest,did you slay anything along the way?

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: April 27, 2014, 03:26:19 am »

Well, you killed three potential quest-targeted creatures. Reputation doesn't count quests solved, only important things killed. You may not receive quest for a dragon, for example, but if you kill him, you still get fame for the deed (obviously). Three kills is quite sufficient to redirect you to the lord.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

blazing glory

« Reply #5732 on: April 27, 2014, 03:30:49 am »

I thought quest's for night trolls only counted as one rather then the whole family.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: April 27, 2014, 03:34:36 am »

Quests don't count. Only killed creatures, if they are dangerous enough for people of this region, of course. You can check this by receiveing one quest and going on rampage against close semi-megabeasts. Soon your quest list would be littered with "report death of ...".
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: April 27, 2014, 05:18:34 am »

I thought quest's for night trolls only counted as one rather then the whole family.
It depends. If every member of this family killd anybody from this civilization, every member will give you fame. You can exploit it when two human fractions are at war, and you will come with companions from one, slain some peasants, then kill your companions. You will got a lot of fame... :)
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: April 28, 2014, 03:24:26 pm »

Decided to screw around and cheat during this run. I played a human female peasant with no points spent, but I gave myself a full set of armor, a hammer, and a shield made of slade.

By the end of the first day I got high strength, superior agility, superior toughness, high endurance, and superior willpower. Not to mention, I became a legendary hammerman, shield user, armor user, observer, fighter, and a great dodger. Not to mention nothing can penetrate it.

The caveat: my movement speed is 99. I don't think that I'll ever get that any higher all things considering.

What plugin/mod did you use to get slade armor? I hear its pretty fun to use.(in a silly way)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: April 28, 2014, 03:56:12 pm »

I am the titan slayer! Today I started out going to kill a bird titan with fire. I reanimated its corpse. After slaying it, I went to go kill an iron titan with webs. I killed it from stealth with a bronze impish crossbow (melee acts like a spear and the bolts weren't doing enough damage for me) while my zombie titan friend distracted it. After that I killed my zombie titan and went to go kill another titan. This one was made out of flames. I stabbed him in the chest with my iron sword, and it exploded. Where it died was a bauxite ring. I put on the ring as a trophy, but it was still hot and melted off my finger's fat.

blazing glory

« Reply #5737 on: April 28, 2014, 06:57:51 pm »

Where it died was a bauxite ring. I put on the ring as a trophy, but it was still hot and melted off my finger's fat.

It's welded itself to your flesh! You must never take it off! For it has true power!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: April 28, 2014, 07:00:55 pm »

YES! For I am the conqueror of fire!

blazing glory

« Reply #5739 on: April 28, 2014, 07:11:39 pm »

Does it have a elvish inscription?  :D

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: April 28, 2014, 07:42:15 pm »

Unfortunately it is of no quality or decoration.  :(

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: April 29, 2014, 12:03:45 am »

Today I started
I read it like "toady". What's wrong with me?

blazing glory

« Reply #5742 on: April 29, 2014, 12:11:53 am »

Today I started
I read it like "toady". What's wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you,you have been initiated into our cult,we hope many more will join.  :P

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: April 29, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

Unfortunately it is of no quality or decoration.  :(

Engrave it!

For it is the 'one ring to rule them all...'
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: April 29, 2014, 01:28:43 am »

melted off my finger's fat.
Did you survive?
Where it died was a bauxite ring.
Does it always happen when you kill a titan?
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1103