Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2018561 times)

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5910 on: July 03, 2014, 04:32:52 pm »

Sure. It contains Fallens, Risens, and Pentahydrae.
Consider this a preview to all of what v1.1 of Chaos Theory holds in store.

EDIT: Here's the link to DFFD:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=8724

I just downloaded that and started up a Pentahydra adventurer, ran over to a Fallen's town/village/hamlet, and found that Fallen's don't like Pentahydra. At first I just went around biting and wrestling anything, but then I wrestled one Blizzarium and one Netherium pick from the fallen, and proceeded to destroy them with it. Exactly how good is Netherium and Blizzarium , FallenAngel? If it's any good, I think one of these will be my weapon of choice. Which is better?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: July 03, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

The two metals are equal, but Netherium is 200 degrees C, and Blizzerium is negative 200 degrees C.
A later update for Chaos Theory will make them still identical besides that, but even more viable. If I remember right, they were based off of either iron or steel, but sharper. I might have changed the densities; I can't remember off-hand.
Either way, both metals are very very good when used as sharp weapons and still of high-quality when used as bashing weapons.
Fallens and Risens are made of Blizzerium and Netherium, respectively, but the ability for those metals to be cut isn't changed yet.
Any vanilla organic race with Netherium will have that part melt from the heat, but Blizzerium causes no negative effects, despite the fact it can flash-freeze water, and is quite close to Human Absolute Zero (Dwarven Absolute Zero is much, much colder, and much more dwarven).
So yeah, those two picks you got are weapons to be feared, but both Fallens and Risens have innate combat skills (Fallens have lower innate combat skills but have innate everything, while Risens are machines of pure murder. Their weak point is their heart, somewhat).
Funnily enough, pentahydras aren't injured by holding a netherium anything.
I'm assuming that Fallens hate Pentahydra due to ethics - Fallens have ethics similar to dwarves, but with some modifications, while Pentahydras have goblin ethics down to the letter. The reason will be explained when I upload the official Beta v1.1, which will include more things. The Pentahydra are the only new race, however.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: July 03, 2014, 04:45:36 pm »

The two metals are equal, but Netherium is 200 degrees C, and Blizzerium is negative 200 degrees C.
A later update for Chaos Theory will make them still identical besides that, but even more viable. If I remember right, they were based off of either iron or steel, but sharper. I might have changed the densities; I can't remember off-hand.
Either way, both metals are very very good when used as sharp weapons and still of high-quality when used as bashing weapons.
Fallens and Risens are made of Blizzerium and Netherium, respectively, but the ability for those metals to be cut isn't changed yet.
Any vanilla organic race with Netherium will have that part melt from the heat, but Blizzerium causes no negative effects, despite the fact it can flash-freeze water, and is quite close to Human Absolute Zero (Dwarven Absolute Zero is much, much colder, and much more dwarven).
So yeah, those two picks you got are weapons to be feared, but both Fallens and Risens have innate combat skills (Fallens have lower innate combat skills but have innate everything, while Risens are machines of pure murder. Their weak point is their heart, somewhat).
I'm assuming that Fallens hate Pentahydra due to ethics - Fallens have ethics similar to dwarves, but with some modifications, while Pentahydras have goblin ethics down to the letter. The reason will be explained when I upload the official Beta v1.1, which will include more things. The Pentahydra are the only new race, however.
Actually, Pentahydra do get affected by Netherium. I was so confused cause I kept melting out of no where, and I'm guessing that's why. That, or it's a super delayed effect of the evil cloud I walked through forever ago.

EDIT: BTW, Risens hate me too, despite me starting in a Risen hamlet
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 04:50:06 pm by deepfreeze78 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: July 03, 2014, 04:52:45 pm »

Actually, Pentahydra do get affected by Netherium. I was so confused cause I kept melting out of no where, and I'm guessing that's why. That, or it's a super delayed effect of the evil cloud I walked through forever ago.
I assume I never experienced it because I probably never held a netherium item (or wore one) long enough for the melting to ensue. Pentahydra are huge, but mathematically 1000 times smaller than a normal Hydra. Therefore, it takes much longer for the heat of Netherium to start melting in your fat. With any inorganic race, never have more than one or two netherium objects touching your skin for too long, or you'll bleed to death.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: July 03, 2014, 04:54:08 pm »

I assume I never experienced it because I probably never held a netherium item (or wore one) long enough for the melting to ensue. Pentahydra are huge, but mathematically 1000 times smaller than a normal Hydra. Therefore, it takes much longer for the heat of Netherium to start melting in your fat. With any inorganic race, never have more than one or two netherium objects touching your skin for too long, or you'll bleed to death.
Wow, Risens TOUGH. I figured if I brought one out, I could probably deal with it. He's taken out three of my brains and I've barely done anything to him.

EDIT: And, dead. He took out all five of my brains. He was just a farmer too.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: July 03, 2014, 04:56:31 pm »

Wow, Risens TOUGH. I figured if I brought one out, I could probably deal with it. He's taken out three of my brains and I've barely done anything.
Risens are, by default, Accomplished in every combat stat, and made of solid metal. Even their blood.
Pentahydras are organic, and therefore weaker, but much larger, than Risens.
They are also twice as fast as normal creatures, never tire, never sleep, and never need to eat or drink.
They're like the Terminator, but made of metal much hotter than boiling water.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: July 03, 2014, 05:10:39 pm »

Wow, Risens TOUGH. I figured if I brought one out, I could probably deal with it. He's taken out three of my brains and I've barely done anything.
Risens are, by default, Accomplished in every combat stat, and made of solid metal. Even their blood.
Pentahydras are organic, and therefore weaker, but much larger, than Risens.
They are also twice as fast as normal creatures, never tire, never sleep, and never need to eat or drink.
They're like the Terminator, but made of metal much hotter than boiling water.
So, with them being made of that metal, if they say, grab you, will you start melting where they grab? It shouldn't be too hard to test this in the arena.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: July 03, 2014, 05:27:34 pm »

So, with them being made of that metal, if they say, grab you, will you start melting where they grab? It shouldn't be too hard to test this in the arena.
Given that spoilers can melt furniture by being near them, I'm pretty sure that you could start melting if they touch you too long.
I have noticed that constructed walls in their towns are defined as "Warm".

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: July 03, 2014, 06:05:30 pm »

Given that spoilers can melt furniture by being near them, I'm pretty sure that you could start melting if they touch you too long.
I have noticed that constructed walls in their towns are defined as "Warm".
I've tested this in the arena, and after a very, very long time of holding a human's head with my hand as a risen, there's still no damage to the head. So, it seems like it's a no.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: July 03, 2014, 06:17:39 pm »

Okay then.
By the way, I have learned how to get Kinesthetic Sense and Spatial Sense through the roof - wail on a Giant Sponge for a while.
Seriously, your stats will fly up fast.

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: July 03, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

Guys in a few days we are going enter a new age of adventuring... I'm so excited arghhh!!!

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »

Speaking of stats, apparently you can start off as the worst possible adventurer as a risen and still be able to kill a risen axe lord. I don't even know how I did it, I just kept moving toward the axe lord till one of us died.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: July 03, 2014, 06:49:23 pm »

Most axes take lots of targeted hits to kill risens or fallens; killing a bunch of necromancers who were either took a long time.
Adamantine can cleave through them like a hot knife through butter, although the knife is cooler than when fighting Bronze Colossi.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: July 03, 2014, 07:25:38 pm »

The thing is, I was using a copper and he was using a blizzarium/netherium battleaxe, and yet I still won. I may have just gotten extremely lucky,  but it sure was weird. Now this adventurer is basically invincible cause he got to legendary plus four billion shielduser.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: July 03, 2014, 09:18:24 pm »

Probably my last adventure before the new version. Started as a human, and just tried to explore wherever I could. This world was kind of bland though. The only necro tower was far to the south, and way too far from any civilizations to expect to reach there any time soon.
I ain't happy; I'm feeling glad.
But I did find an elven hamlet. Took some sun berries and built a still and a barrel with some logs I acquired by taking down the wall of a wooden house.
I got sunshine, in a bag.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Mostly savage areas here. I've been chased by all kinds of beasts, from dire boars to raptors.
I'm useless, but not for long.
Eventually made my way to an evil swamp. Got chased by undead, with most of them being various types of birds. Though I did get chased by a pack of gorillas.
The future, is coming on.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 1103