Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1995127 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5925 on: July 03, 2014, 11:06:29 pm »

i should have aborted the planed attack on the goblins as soon as i got drowsy but i was almost at there camp and i got cocky

the past several adventures ive had cant seem to hit anything
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:07:23 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5926 on: July 04, 2014, 12:19:26 am »

i should have aborted the planed attack on the goblins as soon as i got drowsy but i was almost at there camp and i got cocky

well thats handy im fighting a giant lion and my opening throw hit him right in the head brusing the muscle and fracturing the skull wont be hard to finnish her off

blazing glory

« Reply #5927 on: July 04, 2014, 12:20:31 am »

well thats handy im fighting a giant lion and my opening throw hit him right in the head brusing the muscle and fracturing the skull wont be hard to finnish her off

You shouldn't really fight giant lions,they are the sort of thing to tear you in half.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5928 on: July 04, 2014, 05:04:24 am »

You shouldn't really fight giant lions,they are the sort of thing to tear you in half.

my first expirence with a giant lion was one that was compltly disabled but just wouldent die sad thing is i dident even get the kill one of my companions did

as for my current adventure well i was going well and was about to enter a lair but i got drowsy and went to sleep when i woke up there was a battle going on around me i have 1 compainion left alive but hes unconcious and i think all thats left is 2 bowmen who im runing towards they got me when i was fighting something eariler but they havent got me during my charge

damit i want to retret with my last pikeman but hes going back into the fray
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:08:24 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5929 on: July 04, 2014, 05:17:54 am »

wait im confused looking at the armor for lower body it looks like lower body means legs but when you stab somebody in the lower body it spills there guts which would indicate it means the bottem of the torso

ah the humble gore to the head in this case it shows being armord up from the neck down is nice but its far more inportant to get a metal helm
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 05:55:39 am by tuypo1 »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5930 on: July 04, 2014, 05:47:20 am »

shit it seems ive left my companions behind

i got a nice vampire kill at the very start so im going to give vampirisem a try i would have thought it would take affect immediately
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 06:37:43 am by tuypo1 »

EinsteinSatDown

• Bay Watcher
  • Return to the Corn Fields
    • View Profile
« Reply #5931 on: July 04, 2014, 09:07:46 am »

So, here I am.
Adventuring.

I've been playing dwarf fortress for about a month now, applying myself to fortress mode. Now that  Swordbent is prospering(somewhat), I've grown slightly bored with it.

To stop myself from murdering all them dorfs out of godly boredom, I've copied my world with the purpose of perusing the legends and getting the hang of adventure mode.

Thus far, the journey has not been an easy one.

Attempt 1: Male dwarf: Drowned, after witnessing the drowning of his human bowman companion.
Simply put, he crosses one river, and gets brazen with the next.

Attempt 2: Female human: After surviving an epic battle together with another human swordsman(they struck down three mighty kobolds!), she attacks a sleeping elf in a hut, scratching his head. Her companion then drives a sword through her back, for he loves the elven folk.

Attempt three: Male human: Still alive. Currently wandering around, after having searched for a leopard in a jungle for about a day and a half. None was found.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 09:27:31 am by EinsteinSatDown »

blazing glory

« Reply #5932 on: July 04, 2014, 09:42:29 am »

So, here I am.
Adventuring.

I've been playing dwarf fortress for about a month now, applying myself to fortress mode. Now that  Swordbent is prospering(somewhat), I've grown slightly bored with it.

To stop myself from murdering all them dorfs out of godly boredom, I've copied my world with the purpose of perusing the legends and getting the hang of adventure mode.

Thus far, the journey has not been an easy one.

Attempt 1: Male dwarf: Drowned, after witnessing the drowning of his human bowman companion.
Simply put, he crosses one river, and gets brazen with the next.

Attempt 2: Female human: After surviving an epic battle together with another human swordsman(they struck down three mighty kobolds!), she attacks a sleeping elf in a hut, scratching his head. Her companion then drives a sword through her back, for he loves the elven folk.

Attempt three: Male human: Still alive. Currently wandering around, after having searched for a leopard in a jungle for about a day and a half. None was found.

You don't find leopards.

Leopards find you!

Probably when your sleeping.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5933 on: July 04, 2014, 02:51:37 pm »

Made a new adventurer: Cobim OwnerBrave.

I think the RNG has some FUN plans this one.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5934 on: July 04, 2014, 08:35:54 pm »

i seem to have chosen a civilization that has 2 goblin enemys so i keep getting ambushed also 1 nomadic group so a few of those to

oh excelent time to travel to the capital and get the big jobs

ok time to take down kon vinek

fuck im in the middle of fighting the leader of the ambush and my shield hand got fucked by a bolt

oh i dident know that could happen i got ambushed by the people i was going off to kill

wow one of my swordsmen has scars all over his body sadly another one of my swordsman is missing his sword hand

ive auctualy gotten very few kills most of my combat so far has being people ambushing me so my companions get a lot of kills to

the scar covered swordsmans god dam leg wont heal

welp a huge goblin ambush arived while we were sleeping many of our men are already struck down and i am gravly injured it seems this is were we fall come on men lets go DOWN FIGHTING

ok i fell the legends info on this guy will be interesting

uzol oddomakal nefastzunitir, "uzol cloistervoiced the strapping anvil"s histroy isent that interesting because it really only shows kills and stuff i wish legends mode would mention all the ambuhes he had and also i wish it listed his companions my leadership helped us immensely

oh i just realised something if i cross refrence all those struck down in the symetric praries in the same year as i was i can get info on quite a few things i wish legends auctualy mentioned who led them

even then thats only those that were struck down before me
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 10:41:33 pm by tuypo1 »

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5935 on: July 05, 2014, 01:06:13 am »

If you use advanced parameters when generating a world you can turn on an option that makes it so the only legends that show up are the ones you discover, either in fortress mode or adventure mode... makes viewing the legends alot more interesting for me, also exploration and archeology for older worlds.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5936 on: July 05, 2014, 01:18:33 am »

If you use advanced parameters when generating a world you can turn on an option that makes it so the only legends that show up are the ones you discover, either in fortress mode or adventure mode... makes viewing the legends alot more interesting for me, also exploration and archeology for older worlds.

oh thats a good point do you mean that like how in fortress mode engravings unlock legends you can do the same in adventure mode by asking people about the sorundings and there family and things and i assume finding places as well i might try that later

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5937 on: July 05, 2014, 01:20:00 am »

well ive found a shit ton of armor and weapons in the catacombs so im moving it all into one spot so i can start to sort through them

well ive got it all time to start sorting god i wish dwarf fortress had some sort of proper inventory interface for equiping stuff is there some sort of plugin for inventorys i can use

you would think that items would at least show what slot they cover so i dont have to constantly look it up

i really hope next version streamlines inventory managment at least give me a sort function
« Last Edit: July 05, 2014, 01:27:50 am by tuypo1 »

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5938 on: July 05, 2014, 08:07:12 pm »

I have found a goblin lasher residing in the underground portion of a temple. I'm assuming he's not trying to kill me since it is impossible for something that can't fly to exit.
Seriously.
There is no stairwell or ramp down.
Only a hole.

blazing glory

« Reply #5939 on: July 06, 2014, 06:55:41 am »

Well,it turns out that in this newly generated world the dwarfs and humans are seperated by being on different continents,I think the humans got all the elves,this resulted in 200 years of conflict between humans and elves,it ended with the entire elf population being enslaved,if my adventurer lasts long enough then I'll start trying to free the elf population because they deserve to be slaughtered by dwarfs,not enslaved by greedy humans,though brain washed slaves may require hammer blows to the hands and feet.
Pages: 1 ... 394 395 [396] 397 398 ... 1103