Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014511 times)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5955 on: July 08, 2014, 07:15:14 am »

I can't figure out how to climb, but I did find out that HFS is not exactly hidden. Buncha engravings in a human church of generic ones.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5956 on: July 08, 2014, 08:46:31 am »

I can't figure out how to climb, but I did find out that HFS is not exactly hidden. Buncha engravings in a human church of generic ones.

H to grab a structure then move to choose which way to go.

My adventurer Rezam Stakebolted the Mirror of Sewers is a giant dick and nobody likes him. After punching their lord and causing him to flee I declared myself lord of a hamlet. I had to move out of my new tower though because the guards spit on me while I slept. I just walk around bragging about my many petty crimes and insisting I'm totally their lord now while the locals jeer and spit at me.

The W axis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5957 on: July 08, 2014, 10:07:48 am »

I woke up thirsty, hit 'e' to eat and it listed tears on my face. I stepped out to melt my waterskin, then got a random crash before I could investigate what the tears were about.
I killed several of them and it hasn't made a difference, I will try killing more to see if that fixes the problem

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5958 on: July 08, 2014, 10:31:15 am »

Assassinating the lord in any site I arrive at and then becoming the ruler of that town/hamlet. Woohoo!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5959 on: July 08, 2014, 11:28:32 am »

Jumping at people causes your character to tackle them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5960 on: July 08, 2014, 11:33:01 am »

So I wander into some hamlet, then some swordsman shows up and starts beating the crap out of some random siege engineer. Not sure whether the swordsman was a bandit robbing the poor fellow, a town guard delivering a beating for some random reason, or he just really hated the siege engineer.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 11:36:57 am by Archereon »
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5961 on: July 08, 2014, 12:27:45 pm »

I had my most  awesome experience in adventure mode right now.

I started as a  demigod adventurer as a soldier in a hamlet, but this hamlet was very boring as nothing was happening around it. I got two companions and learned about some bandits harassing a nearby town, so I decided to go there.

During the travel, I discovered a camp of goblin bandits. As soon as they spotted me they run away, but I proceeded to track and kill them (BTW, tracking is awesome).

We left the camp and started a camp of our own to pass the night. I noticed while sleeping various entities traveling around the map and one got close of our camp.  I woke up uneasy hearing noises just beyond the field of vision (very small at night). The creature was just circling the camp, so I tried to follow it, but it always kept beyond my vision. I followed the tracks (I forgot about my companions) in the snow but couldn't see from which creature the tracks were (maybe because of my low skill) but soon I heard sounds of battle. I started sprinting and then I arrive at one of my companions dead in the snow.

Angered, and worried, and still don't knowing what I was following, I tracked it again and the soon I hear a combat again. My other companion! I sprint again and at the moment I arrive at the spot I see a Bleak Creature Wrestler killing my other companion. I look at it and it has four horns and a creepy posture, and it was very skinny, so I imagine I have a chance. I charge it and clove its arm asunder. It looks like my companions will be avenged. But then it gores my leg, I fall, and then it kicks my head until I'm dead.

This my fellows, is Dwarf Fortress.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5962 on: July 08, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »

Went to a different mountainhall after killing the local mayor and the clerk witness.
The mayor there HAS NO NECK. Also, the entirety of her body, except the upper body, shows up as yellow.
Probably a bug or a really interesting story.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5963 on: July 08, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

Was wandering an underground tunnel between fortresses as a peasant. Found an axedwarf caught in a web and getting wrecked by a giant bat. Poor guy got torn to bits. The bat was coated in frozen dwarf blood and dwarf sweat and dwarf tears. Apparently it was cold in the tunnels.

Snuck around the bat and slit its throat with my copper dagger. Apparently that wasn't enough and I had to stab it in the head and neck a bunch too. Eventually stabbed its brain and killed it. Butchering the mangled corpse produced "mangled" giant bat bones, along with the usual meat and stuff.

Went back and took the slain axedwarf's corpse and dropped it in front of a marksdwarf who was nearby, then reported the two incidents when the axedwarf died to the giant bat and I slew said bat. The marksdwarf commented "it was inevitable". She's crying and walking away from the sight.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #5964 on: July 08, 2014, 02:10:28 pm »

What.

"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5965 on: July 08, 2014, 02:16:06 pm »

Started another adventurer and went to avenge the death of my first one. as it happens, the countryside is INFESTED by Night Creatures. I saw 4 at once rampaging at noon killing emus and anyone unlucky enough to meet them.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #5966 on: July 08, 2014, 02:19:45 pm »

Apparently my dwarf peasant adventurer is crying too. RIP in peace axedwarf, your death has been avenged.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5967 on: July 08, 2014, 02:25:45 pm »

I think emotional messages may be glitched, people report "it was inevitable" far too often, and in situations where it doesn't make sense.

I killed the monster who ate your son and half the village that you rule over?  "It was inevitable".  Thanks buddy, appreciate the gratitude.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5968 on: July 08, 2014, 02:27:22 pm »

Stabbed a king to death.
Apparently I didn't get his power, though, despite declaring control over the area.
LET ME RULE DRUNK IDIOTS DANG IT

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5969 on: July 08, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »

Was anyone alive around to hear your declaration?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 1103