Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019934 times)

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5970 on: July 08, 2014, 02:43:49 pm »

I can't figure out how to climb, but I did find out that HFS is not exactly hidden. Buncha engravings in a human church of generic ones.

H to grab a structure then move to choose which way to go.

My adventurer Rezam Stakebolted the Mirror of Sewers is a giant dick and nobody likes him. After punching their lord and causing him to flee I declared myself lord of a hamlet. I had to move out of my new tower though because the guards spit on me while I slept. I just walk around bragging about my many petty crimes and insisting I'm totally their lord now while the locals jeer and spit at me.

Sooo... When do we get to spit back? :D

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: July 08, 2014, 02:47:07 pm »

Press x, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5972 on: July 08, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »

Mining goblins. Picks are still as effective as ever. I'm just wandering around a Dark Pit yelling about how many goblins I've killed in the hopes of attracting more, but no luck currently. There are a bunch of non-hostile trolls, however, and I did find a mangled goblin corpse near a bunch of trolls, so I guess I wandered into a war. Also I can retire here, so... I guess trolls like me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: July 08, 2014, 04:53:58 pm »

I absolutely love how the characters throw around casual lines while chopping each other limbs off.
"What is going on, is this an attack?"
Swoosh, arm off.
"It was inevitable."
Plonk, crossbow bolt through leg.
"So, why are you travelling?"

Psychopath heaven.
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: July 08, 2014, 04:58:25 pm »

I absolutely love how the characters throw around casual lines while chopping each other limbs off.
"What is going on, is this an attack?"
Swoosh, arm off.
"It was inevitable."
Plonk, crossbow bolt through leg.
"So, why are you travelling?"

Psychopath heaven.
Are you implying that DF wasn't already psychopath heaven?

EDIT: Flame Candleroared, worshiper of Usmok the goddess of fire, begins his adventure now!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:00:53 pm by TheFlame52 »

Foggy Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: July 08, 2014, 05:21:12 pm »

My lord told me about the rival town. I went there, climbed the wall, shoot the guardian, ambushed into the fortress and killed the lady. When the guard started gathering at the crime place, I was on my way away from there. I was unnoticed though people at the market started running away from me so I decided to grab stuff out of the barrels until I was shot by a bowman  :-[

Another robbery fail was when I tried to take a pouch from a peasant. I was punching him in the liver, kidney, face but at one moment he stabbed me chipping my spine. Now the hero is retired xD
Nobody is truly free

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: July 08, 2014, 07:18:51 pm »

A hillock I was sleeping in came under attack by a squad of goblins. The mayor and militia commander, who were the only two with combat skill aside from me, were knocked out. I nonetheless managed to kill 6 goblins and chase them off. The militia commander and mayor both survived.

Praise nightmares, everybody.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5977 on: July 08, 2014, 07:41:52 pm »

Walked into a town and talked to a guy about troubles and they told me an army invaded the town. Immediatley behind me a goblin shoots me in the back and i die within seconds
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.
« Reply #5978 on: July 08, 2014, 08:07:36 pm »

Well, I started a new game just now and I appear to be in a dwarven hold inhabited by goblins.

I came out of a room, and thought I saw another dwarf and a goblin. The goblin "!" at me, and ran. I noticed he was injured and thought there was possibly an invasion or something going on, and after all I am one of the royal guards (backgrounds :D), so I ran after the bastard and grabbed him by the throat and demanded he yield. He quickly gave up after struggling a bit but never hit me and just tired himself out. Then a bunch of other goblins came out to see what was going on and then freaked out at my presence and for attacking one of them.

It seems while I was down in the forges, goblins took over my home! Now I must destroy them all.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5979 on: July 08, 2014, 08:14:04 pm »

Goblins have kidnapped the mountainhome?
Are you a bad enough dwarf to save it?
« Reply #5980 on: July 08, 2014, 08:34:17 pm »

Yes.

It was actually pretty easy... I just decapitated the one goblin, took his head and found the rest of my dwarven brothers in battle at the trade depot, tossed the head amidst them and all the goblins freaked out and ran away.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: July 08, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »

Yes.

It was actually pretty easy... I just decapitated the one goblin, took his head and found the rest of my dwarven brothers in battle at the trade depot, tossed the head amidst them and all the goblins freaked out and ran away.
That is so incredibly awesome.
I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: July 08, 2014, 09:12:59 pm »

Found a religious figure called the "high pregnancy".
What happens at Woodstock doesn't exactly stay at Woodstock, does it?
« Reply #5983 on: July 08, 2014, 09:18:52 pm »

Yes.

That is so incredibly awesome.

I know, right? :D

When I first started playing DF after Adventure Mode was added, I would carry around heads of my victims in hopes of showing them off as trophies. Now I actually can do that.

I am going to have to re-think starting as a Demigod, though. In previous versions, because how combat was handled, being a Demigod made you just barely able to stay alive. Now I actually *am* a freaking Demigod. I just cleave through entire armies single-handedly.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 09:20:28 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Mohl

• Bay Watcher
  • L O D S OF E M O N E!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: July 08, 2014, 09:27:20 pm »

I'm about to make an adventurer who's main purpose in life is to hide in trees and spit on people from above. Preferably from stealth, too. MAybe a bit of tackling and wrestling.
Demanded a farmer give me his gold, he refused, I stabbed him in the throat and asked again. He was much more cooperative.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 1104