Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014464 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6000 on: July 09, 2014, 06:19:08 pm »

Was walking around in the underground tunnels, decided to sleep, then when I woke up, there was a GCS. Tried to outrun, but couldn't, tried to fight. Got injected with venom and I tried to at least take it down with me. Think I injured it pretty good though.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6001 on: July 09, 2014, 07:32:54 pm »

I GOT MARRIED GUYS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6002 on: July 09, 2014, 08:14:43 pm »

Tried to find a HFS vault, somehow a goblin maceman caused a cut with his mace, now I'm forced to crawl.
GEE THANKS MAN.
Gonna press on since I'm as tough as nails.
« Reply #6003 on: July 09, 2014, 09:12:36 pm »

I have taken over a town after much fucking with the take over system.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I kept noticing that Dwarven and Elven settlements do not have a single leader; instead when you ask about their ruler, they give you an entire group. That group makes up the entire civilization. So I tried a human town. Asked who the leader was, walked up to her once I found her, told I was in charge and cut her head off. Right in front of her husband and child.

chaosgear

• Bay Watcher
  • Pants-on-head retarded
    • View Profile
« Reply #6004 on: July 09, 2014, 10:19:46 pm »

I always seem to end up with a magnificent burial complex and nowhere near enough bodies to fill it, or far too many bodies and nowhere to put any of them.

Archereon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6005 on: July 09, 2014, 10:32:54 pm »

Maybe he retired and let worldgen run for a bit?
I want to tell you they were bad men, cephalo.  I want to tell you that with a better overseer the Fortress never would've gotten so bad someone would get offed in a pointless fisticuffs.
But the sad truth charlie?
It was inevitable.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6006 on: July 10, 2014, 07:03:42 am »

Walked into river, forgot I was Drowsy, started drowning, got out, the river froze JUST AS I GOT OUT.
So I walked across it.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6007 on: July 10, 2014, 07:16:21 am »

I spawned in an elven treehouse in a retreat that had recently been attacked by a necromancer. I know this because right next to me a fellow elf was being pulled apart by five or six meaty skeletons. I slip outside before any of them manage to crawl their way to me, only to find the destruction is immense. I find a pile of mangled corpses that have basically formed a big pile of gore, making their way across the retreat and absorbing villagers as it went along (pulling them in and breaking every bone in their body). Crippled men women and children lie every which way.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 07:17:59 am by gnome »

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6008 on: July 10, 2014, 12:46:53 pm »

I fell down a flight of stairs and broke my ribs.  I was trying to find a local sewer access in one town and finally found it sunk one tile below the rest of the terrain between some houses.  So I jump down and end up falling down every stair tile and unconscious.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6009 on: July 10, 2014, 02:26:44 pm »

So, I started as a dwarven adventurer. I search around for a bit, everything looks abandoned and I can't find my way out. Then I press [T]ravel, and am surprised that it works in the fort. I somehow find my way to a road, so I go along my merry way. Then, I see a white 'S.' I look at it, and see the words: "Encounter: Giant Cave Spider," and am appropriately freaked out, so I change my speed to sprint. As I rush up a hill and round the turn, it is even closer, so I throw my dagger. That chops off one of its legs, but it gets me in its webs and poisons me the same turn. Thus ends the life of Urist McRandomDwarf, Peasant adventurer.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6010 on: July 10, 2014, 02:32:34 pm »

I picked up a crutch, but my speed dropped like I had to use it. I put it down, and my speed stayed at .333.

ALL THE BUGS
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6011 on: July 10, 2014, 03:35:23 pm »

Newly released from his castle guard duties, a male human Gel Joinedtwine was greeted by the Lady on his way out, she told him of a female dark creature named Gogol Fatalumbral
On his way to follow the wishes of the Lady, he was joined by Cor Sculptedoiled a female human that was a guard in the castle too.

After a long travel to the west in which the travel stopped "you feel uneasy" and what the duo witnessed was a group of Groundhog being under attack by a Wolf.
Cor seemed to like Groundhog as she took her mace and rushed the Wolf before Gel could react to help her, she utterly crushed the predator to death, then the party resumed travel.

Gel entered the night creature lair and out of the victims (a dwarf and a goblin) that had been butchered and were being prepared for dinner , there was none in it, Gel went out and moved on top of the hill , and noticed at some distance Gogol .

Gogol noticed Cor and rushed her, Cor was far from being up to that assault as there was human blood flying around, while Gel was trying to sprint to location (didn't noticed me going faster while doing) Cor tried to retreat but the monster was just faster and the fight ended with Cor agonizing on the ground.

Gel managed to reach the location in which the night creature was trying to break Cor neck and with a couple of strikes killed Gogol.

Without being able to do anything (trying to help, bandage, or trying anything to help wounded is still not in the game i guess) Gel could only witness Cor dying.

Gel decided to report the victory to the Lady, but he would carry Cor corpse back to civilization for a decent burial (was trying to roleplay the thing a bit).

Much slower, it took time to get back, and at some distance of the town Gel decided to continue moving during the night, bad idea.
Cackling all around and suddenly a bogeyman showed up.

Gel that was close to a tree catched the trunk with the goal of cimbing to safety.
Unfortunately burdened he was a lot slower than usual, the bogeyman was then able to play multiple turns at once and did something rather horrible :

Wow, that must really hurt but to my surprise it didn't seemed to be that much of a problem to my character.

Gel that was holding the trunk decided to ignore the pain and climb.
Not the best idea as again i overlooked the fact that being much slower due to burden, the bogeyman was able to play a lot of turns during Gel single action.

And while kicking Gel a bit, the bogeyman decided to grab Gel throat with his teeth (or what was left of the throat from what i saw on the previous attack)

But still Gel managed to reach the tree upper level... with the bogeyman hanging to his throat !
With immense pain and lying on the foliage, Gel managed to kick the bogeyman in the neck !

That must hurt at least as much as what the bogeyman did.

Then as the bogeyman jumped away, Gel decided to unstrap my sword (i strapped it to climb) while the beast moved in again, much slower than he was before

Good slash ! unfortunately the bogeyman didn't fell from the tree, he managed to fall on the foliage too and from there he kicked Gel to the head, i was expecting a brain explosion but Gel resisted that deathblow !
Then with a slash to the neck Gel managed to win the last fight of his life

And then a few turns later, Gel died by suffocation, i guess the throat thing proved fatal in the end.

What an epic terrifying battle, that new version of DF makes Games of Throne looking like a movie for kids.
Gel Joinedtwine got a hard earned victory on this one, but sadly a nasty death.
I guess ... it was inevitable.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 03:41:56 pm by Robsoie »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #6012 on: July 10, 2014, 04:29:32 pm »

I picked up a crutch, but my speed dropped like I had to use it. I put it down, and my speed stayed at .333.

ALL THE BUGS
That was around in .34, actually.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

DenVilde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6013 on: July 10, 2014, 06:11:02 pm »

Started playing Dwarf Fortress some days ago. I can now see the light for sure when it comes to this game.

Created a human and wandered around endlessly and forever it felt in tundra and ice landscapes. Funny thing is I feel bad for killing the animals for food. So I tried to gather berries or anything to eat but no luck there, no way to get fishes either. I encountered many stray groups of half humanoid insects and animals. My character started to starve so I naturally had to beat some poor half humanoid. To my surprise there was no resistance. I had put my spear and shield to my upper body without knowing how I did it. So I had to use the stones and my bare fists. Once I got the corpse, all I could do with it was to lick it.

My character was still starving but it went more than a week and I didn't eat anything all I did was lick that body and melt some snow and ice for water. At least the water kept me alive. I got bored but encountered a new half humanoid groups of wolverines all over the place. Of course they were also friendly. Well I woke up one night and I saw wolverines getting attacked by a Yeti. He slashed them to pieces one by one. Neither did any resistance. I felt sorry for the wolverines so I started to throw some rocks and leaves at the Yeti. The Yeti eventually went down and I tried to eat that corpse too, but all my character did was licking it. I still had no clue how to put the spear in my hand.
Unfortunately all wolverines died there. But more came and just looked around..

I went back to camp and woke up again next day to find another Yeti near by it didn't do anything just stood there even when I walked around it. I figured it was a friendly Yeti. But I wanted to see its reaction when I dropped the corpse of the other Yeti in front of him. I figured I might be able to fight him anyhow if he would react. Well smack and it was all over, it wasted me in a blow more or less. Last I read was that the Yeti scrambled through my items..

Tried again and was placed in a hamlet. I figured I could try and get the hamlet and so I struck the lord with my spear and throw it at him too. It was just a mess all over the place. I felt bit bad for trying to kill the fellow as he was unconscious from the spear. It was bloody for sure. I tried to bandage him, I poured some water beside him. I thought he was going to die and tried to talk to him. So I left for to take some things from the hamlet and came back and saw he was awake now. I told him let's have a truce. Apparently he was happy to see me and as if nothing happened. They have had peace until I arrived. Well shortly after that I talked to a deity and bam crash.
I know the deity error is fixed now but in a way I found it charming that the deity sent me into oblivion for my ill deeds.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 06:14:53 pm by DenVilde »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6014 on: July 10, 2014, 06:19:55 pm »

Started as a dwarf in the only mountainhall of my civilization. Took forever to get out, even though it turns out that I started right next to the exit.

Almost all of the nobles were hanging out in one hall. The militia commander greeted the queen and she responded by spitting on him and a few others before leaving the room. I tried to follow her, but I could not catch up. People also seem to enjoy spitting on the mayor.

I tried sneaking about the fortress, but that seemed to alarm those who saw me. One person even fled the room, asking if he was under attack.

Once I was out, I traded my copper dagger for some extra provisions with one of the traders at the entrance of the fort. I made my way to a nearby hill-site, and explored some mostly abandoned hillocks. Not many people there, other than a few farmers and a mayor in the civic mound, and two dwarves in the drinking mound. Though they may have been wandering about elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 399 400 [401] 402 403 ... 1103