Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1040

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1065063 times)

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6075 on: July 12, 2014, 03:33:30 pm »

I stumbled across a labyrinth.

Outside, there were a couple of humans killing a goblin. After that they left and I went into the dungeon. I made my way to the minotaur only to find him dead, and a Lady Consort standing near him.

My first thought was that this minotaur died of old age after kidnapping this lady, but his corpse is all mangled and there's minotaur blood everywhere, so now I am thinking this lady is a vampire; though every vampire I have run across in the new version SAYS they are a vampire when you look at them (and you don't even know who they are already). I know she's not a werecreature, because I generated this world without any just so I wouldn't have a lot of caves filled with naked dudes.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:29 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Made a monster Island world like the Vanod one in a way except with good regions, and found that weird wall made of leather. anyone else seen something like that before?
It might be a tent, but monsters don't build those, and tents aren't leather...

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: July 12, 2014, 03:38:57 pm »

Outside, there were a couple of humans killing a goblin. After that they left and I went into the dungeon. I made my way to the minotaur only to find him dead, and a Lady Consort standing near him.

My first thought was that this minotaur died of old age after kidnapping this lady, but his corpse is all mangled and there's minotaur blood everywhere, so now I am thinking this lady is a vampire; though every vampire I have run across in the new version SAYS they are a vampire when you look at them (and you don't even know who they are already). I know she's not a werecreature, because I generated this world without any just so I wouldn't have a lot of caves filled with naked dudes.

Did ya kick her asp?  :o
« Reply #6078 on: July 12, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

If she was the one who killed the minotaur with nothing but a bismuth mace, I didn't want to risk it. I left her alone and sought monsters elsewhere to fight that weren't psychos with super-human strength.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: July 12, 2014, 04:02:43 pm »

If she was the one who killed the minotaur with nothing but a bismuth mace, I didn't want to risk it. I left her alone and sought monsters elsewhere to fight that weren't psychos with super-human strength.
Ok, understandable.  :o

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: July 12, 2014, 04:24:16 pm »

My adventurer developed psychosis from being left alone for two weeks. I discovered he was now willing to self-mutilate.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: July 12, 2014, 04:51:22 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Made a monster Island world like the Vanod one in a way except with good regions, and found that weird wall made of leather. anyone else seen something like that before?
It might be a tent, but monsters don't build those, and tents aren't leather...

there is at least one goblin civ.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: July 12, 2014, 04:54:05 pm »

My adventurer developed psychosis from being left alone for two weeks. I discovered he was now willing to self-mutilate.
That's the replication bug.

FearsomeClarinet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: July 12, 2014, 05:12:11 pm »

I know nothings really "going on" in my adventure right now, but I would like to tell you guys the name I got. "Bok Dimpleclasp". Of course I had to keep it.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: July 12, 2014, 06:17:10 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1. how do I get out of the Fortress?
2. how do I even get quest in 2014 DF with no Service button?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: July 12, 2014, 06:27:18 pm »

Made a one-fortress civ on a pocket worl at year 2. only 203 dwarves and I have two goals:

1:Fast Travel is love. Fats Travel is life.
2:Quests were removed.

Rosanna Foxfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: July 12, 2014, 06:32:39 pm »

More things happened this morning.  I went back to Evildrab, the Goblin Dark Fortress, much laggier during the day time, unfortunately.  So after slaughtering a few towers filled with civvy gobs, and my necromancer and maceman companions mysteriously going missing, I venture into the depths, searching for one of the Vaults.  Gods, this place is a maze, I don't know where I should be looking specifically, and I haven't seen a soul since I killed every gob at the top of the tower that led down here.  I think I might try to wait until night so the lag dies down too.

Also, does it have to be a full moon for a werebeast to be a werebeast?  Instead of a naked sentient?  Because they never cop to being a werebeast when I find them, even though they're living in a cave, and are buck-ass-naked.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: July 12, 2014, 06:37:44 pm »

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: July 12, 2014, 06:38:15 pm »

More things happened this morning.  I went back to Evildrab, the Goblin Dark Fortress, much laggier during the day time, unfortunately.  So after slaughtering a few towers filled with civvy gobs, and my necromancer and maceman companions mysteriously going missing, I venture into the depths, searching for one of the Vaults.  Gods, this place is a maze, I don't know where I should be looking specifically, and I haven't seen a soul since I killed every gob at the top of the tower that led down here.  I think I might try to wait until night so the lag dies down too.

Also, does it have to be a full moon for a werebeast to be a werebeast?  Instead of a naked sentient?  Because they never cop to being a werebeast when I find them, even though they're living in a cave, and are buck-ass-naked.
According to wiki, at least in DF2012, it had to be a full moon. As for the second part, I've found only one in beast form in my year of playing.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 12, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »

Thank you. I feel like I am somehow being a leech sneaking help from all these nice forum people though.

But the fast travel is not working for me. maybe I ma too far underground?
Might be a bug, but I'm not sure exactly. Damn mobile.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:45:25 pm by Alev »
Pages: 1 ... 404 405 [406] 407 408 ... 1040