Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1041

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1065820 times)

Maverick314

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6135 on: July 14, 2014, 02:55:49 pm »

Currently am escaping from a Dark Fortress after killing its demon leader and causing the human and dwarf population (numbering about 300) there to start an insurrection against about 2000 goblins... should be fun to come back and see how that turned out...

These really need to be optimized badly, almost every cell was filled with multiple prisoners (logs indicate about 300 or so on site), and was right next to a major river, so I had that to deal with too...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:13 pm »

Hopefully the overpopulation leading into near-unplayable lag should hopefully be fixed next version :
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7154

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: July 14, 2014, 03:12:25 pm »

Went to a labryinth to kill a minotaur that had killed 11, after yelling threats at me through the labryinth, the minotaur saw me and promptly ran in the opposite direction. I chased him down, bashed his head in with my pike, and butchered him so that I would have extra food available. Also because, why not?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

McDonald

• Bay Watcher
  • Passwords get hidden, who knew? ••••••••
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: July 14, 2014, 03:15:50 pm »

I started an insurrection/loyalty cascade in a dwarf hillock.

I jumped in and punched a militia commander in the nose (from behind, what the hell) so hard that it became a hole in his face. A farmer punched him, a fisher punched the farmer, 50 dwarves standing around screamed in horror and half of them ran away.

I went outside, where most of the fighting was and listened to the dwarves around saying "A battle? What is going on?" and of course "It was inevitable".

Suddenly, I blacked out when a metalsmith punched me in the head, and 2 minutes later I suffocated.
I'm with stupid |
                      v
« Reply #6139 on: July 14, 2014, 04:41:19 pm »

I came across a village that had been taken over by Kobolds, according to my adventurer's Lord.

I arrived at night, everyone was asleep. I saw that every home had 2 or 3 kobolds and a bunch of Dwarves. I tried to sleep to wake someone up, and asked them about the ruler. They told me it was Bolbar and knew nothing about *them.* The key word being "them."

Every Dwarf in town knew the name of the conquering army's group, but not who they were. I finally asked permission to sleep, slept and awoke to all the dwarves attacking the kobolds. I joined in and killed a few myself, and the dwarves praised me for it. So I think I may have found the root of some issues with the morale system as well as having an interesting adventure.

As I posted in the conversation thread, I tried to beat information out of one of the last remaining kobolds:

Code: [Select]
You: Let us stop this pointless fighting!
Munosh Specutsi¤ur, Spearman: Death is all around us.  This is truly horrifying.
Munosh Specutsi¤ur, Spearman: Our time in The Windy Universes is so brief...  Begone fear!
You: Tell me about the local ruler.
You strap the +iron long sword+ to your Upper body.
You strap the +iron shield+ to your Upper body.
You grab The Kobold Administrator by the throat from behind with your right hand!
You: I hate it.
You: Where are their forces?  Are there patrols or guards?
You punch The Kobold Administrator in the head from behind with your left hand, bruising the muscle, bruising the skull!
The Kobold Administrator has been stunned!
The Kobold Administrator misses You!
You place a chokehold on The Kobold Administrator's throat with Your right hand!
You: We are in the right in all matters.
You: Do they have a firm grip on these lands?
The Kobold Administrator is no longer stunned.
You miss The Kobold Administrator!
You punch The Kobold Administrator in the head from the side with your left hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
The Kobold Administrator has been knocked unconscious!
Kobold Administrator has been struck down.

None of them would talk; with or without my hands upon their throats. I thought Kobolds were intelligent enough for speech? Even when they are peaceful toward me, they remain silent. I guess that's why none of the Dwarves knew about them: They didn't talk. At all. Which makes me wonder how they gained control... Did they just show up and start hanging out, not being violent, not saying a word, and all the dwarves just suddenly felt that they had to obey their silent commands?

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: July 14, 2014, 04:48:42 pm »

Kobolds have the [UTTERANCES] token, which makes their extremely limited speech complete gibberish. They also don't have [CAN_SPEAK], so communication is impossible. I'm really curious about how skulking vermin that can't talk managed to take over and rule a village. How did they give orders? Stick figure drawings in the dirt?

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: July 14, 2014, 04:49:46 pm »

I came across a village that had been taken over by Kobolds, according to my adventurer's Lord.

I arrived at night, everyone was asleep. I saw that every home had 2 or 3 kobolds and a bunch of Dwarves. I tried to sleep to wake someone up, and asked them about the ruler. They told me it was Bolbar and knew nothing about *them.* The key word being "them."

Every Dwarf in town knew the name of the conquering army's group, but not who they were. I finally asked permission to sleep, slept and awoke to all the dwarves attacking the kobolds. I joined in and killed a few myself, and the dwarves praised me for it. So I think I may have found the root of some issues with the morale system as well as having an interesting adventure.

As I posted in the conversation thread, I tried to beat information out of one of the last remaining kobolds:

Code: [Select]
You: Let us stop this pointless fighting!
Munosh Specutsi¤ur, Spearman: Death is all around us.  This is truly horrifying.
Munosh Specutsi¤ur, Spearman: Our time in The Windy Universes is so brief...  Begone fear!
You strap the +iron long sword+ to your Upper body.
You strap the +iron shield+ to your Upper body.
You grab The Kobold Administrator by the throat from behind with your right hand!
You: I hate it.
You: Where are their forces?  Are there patrols or guards?
You punch The Kobold Administrator in the head from behind with your left hand, bruising the muscle, bruising the skull!
The Kobold Administrator has been stunned!
You place a chokehold on The Kobold Administrator's throat with Your right hand!
You: We are in the right in all matters.
You: Do they have a firm grip on these lands?
The Kobold Administrator is no longer stunned.
You miss The Kobold Administrator!
You punch The Kobold Administrator in the head from the side with your left hand and the injured part explodes into gore!
The Kobold Administrator has been knocked unconscious!
Kobold Administrator has been struck down.

None of them would talk; with or without my hands upon their throats. I thought Kobolds were intelligent enough for speech? Even when they are peaceful toward me, they remain silent. I guess that's why none of the Dwarves knew about them: They didn't talk. At all. Which makes me wonder how they gained control... Did they just show up and start hanging out, not being violent, not saying a word, and all the dwarves just suddenly felt that they had to obey their silent commands?
They have the [UTTERANCES] tag.

Edit: Damn ninja.

shadow_archmagi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: July 14, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

I tried to explore a necromancer tower, but it was full to the BRIM with zombies. Luckily for me, one of the necromancers wandered outside. I beheaded him easily and butchered his corpse to prevent its return. Unfortunately for me, the head itself was granted undeath, and it somehow emerged victorious in our grudge match after biting my leg to make me fall over, and then my sword arm, and then resisting any attempts to be shattered by shield-bashing.
invention is every dwarf's middle name
that means that somewhere out there theres a dwarf named Urist Invention Mcinvention.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • WHERE'S YOUR MOTIVATION!!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: July 14, 2014, 06:53:43 pm »

I'm starting to wonder about the whole "explodes into gore" thing. Toady said he implemented pulping and I guess this is what it looks like. (I didn't play the last release.) So it seems like if you strike any bruised part enough, it pulps. Which is fine in theory, silly in practice. It takes little effort to pulp stuff like mortals.
If you're going to try, go all the way. There is no other feeling like that. You will be alone with the Gods, and the nights will flame with fire.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: July 14, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »

Went to kill a dragon. I managed to knock it unconscious and stab it in the head until it died, but by that time it had already managed to set me on fire, so I bled to death shortly after killing the dragon. But it was worth it.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:26 pm »

I tried to explore a necromancer tower, but it was full to the BRIM with zombies. Luckily for me, one of the necromancers wandered outside. I beheaded him easily and butchered his corpse to prevent its return. Unfortunately for me, the head itself was granted undeath, and it somehow emerged victorious in our grudge match after biting my leg to make me fall over, and then my sword arm, and then resisting any attempts to be shattered by shield-bashing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: July 14, 2014, 08:08:48 pm »

Fun fact: Playing as a goblin gives a special thing in the pop-up that first appears -
"A foolhardy soul might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped."
Never played as a goblin before, so this could have been in earlier versions, but it's still nice that it acknowledges the fact you're not a human, dwarf, or elf.

Caroline

• Bay Watcher
  • She was a lot like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: July 14, 2014, 08:24:47 pm »

Fun fact: Playing as a goblin gives a special thing in the pop-up that first appears -
Never played as a goblin before, so this could have been in earlier versions, but it's still nice that it acknowledges the fact you're not a human, dwarf, or elf.
Actually, that happens if your civ had children kidnapped at some point in recent history. I've had it as dwarf and human.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • Damn you, adventure mode caves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6148 on: July 14, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »

Actually, that happens if your civ had children kidnapped at some point in recent history. I've had it as dwarf and human.
His text says "might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped" though.
"I shall call you Minato-ninja from now on. … that was a humorous joke.” - Aigis, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes

Caroline

• Bay Watcher
  • She was a lot like you
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: July 14, 2014, 08:28:44 pm »

His text says "might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped" though.
Oh. Missed that.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1041