Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011295 times)

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6135 on: July 14, 2014, 07:44:26 pm »

I tried to explore a necromancer tower, but it was full to the BRIM with zombies. Luckily for me, one of the necromancers wandered outside. I beheaded him easily and butchered his corpse to prevent its return. Unfortunately for me, the head itself was granted undeath, and it somehow emerged victorious in our grudge match after biting my leg to make me fall over, and then my sword arm, and then resisting any attempts to be shattered by shield-bashing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: July 14, 2014, 08:08:48 pm »

Fun fact: Playing as a goblin gives a special thing in the pop-up that first appears -
"A foolhardy soul might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped."
Never played as a goblin before, so this could have been in earlier versions, but it's still nice that it acknowledges the fact you're not a human, dwarf, or elf.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: July 14, 2014, 08:27:16 pm »

Fun fact: Playing as a goblin gives a special thing in the pop-up that first appears -
"A foolhardy soul might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped."
Never played as a goblin before, so this could have been in earlier versions, but it's still nice that it acknowledges the fact you're not a human, dwarf, or elf.
Actually, that happens if your civ had children kidnapped at some point in recent history. I've had it as dwarf and human.
His text says "might try to rescue the children you have kidnapped" though.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:20 pm »

I'm trying to get a barfight with multiple people brawling with each other, but I can't seem to get the combat level to be horseplay or brawl, and grabbing clothes or items always seems to escalate to lethal or no quarter.

Steele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: July 14, 2014, 09:48:31 pm »

I checked the legends of the latest world I failed miserably in, noticing that just before my last death a goblin army invaded the hamlet of Braverybushy, and the leader began killing the inhabitants in horrible ways. Drowning, hacking to pieces, burying alive, etc. I decided my next adventurer would locate and strike down this fiend in an epic duel, becoming loved by their victims in the process. Unfortunately, none of this was to be.

When I reached Braverybushy I found the goblin "army" of 16 men camped just outside.
They were all sleeping on top of one another in a tiny tent, including the overlord Gusno Infalliblecompassion the Even Faction who was responsible for those brutal killings described above.
I silently murdered all but the overlord, deciding to wake her up before I killed her. This was the result.

God DAMN that goblin could sleep.
I started getting bored, and had a bit of fun with flies and fishes and fire while waiting for her to wake the hell up.
The fire breathing and fireballs are what eventually killed her. The fire spread into the tent and set her on fire.
THAT wasn't even enough to wake her up.
So there went my dreams of an epic duel..

Well, at least Braverybushy will be grateful, right? I'll still be a hero!

Mechanismus Dimpledvolcanic is disappoint.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: July 14, 2014, 10:24:01 pm »

Things seem  bleak for humanity in my world. in just a few months the human population went from 1004 to 534. one village was also under constant attack from bandits, not only that they were also plagued by vampires and night beasts as well. I got tired of constantly having to protect them so I decided it was time for humanity do die.

I killed many of the villagers but I got cornered, after a fairly long fight a farmer got lucky and cut my right hand off, I was able to escape and survived. I then got some armor to keep the rest of my body intact and finished the rest of them off. I began a fight with one of the patroling guards and I had almost defeated them all, but then a bowman got a lucky shot and after a long time of being strangled I died. 170 kills c: woot! only 4 short of total hamlet depopulation sadly.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 02:51:27 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: July 14, 2014, 11:12:12 pm »

Das Ashcircilba, Child: I have an uncle named Ganuh Utterislands. He is also my Cousin. In 69, Ganuh married Simin Shinclasp.

Literally my entire dwarf fortress experience in a nutshell

Also, that year... perfect year to marry... hehehehe
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

lue

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:missing right bracket
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: July 14, 2014, 11:56:37 pm »

Just a quick thing, pretty sure this one isn't stopping any time soon :P .

Quote from: Two people in town, next to a well
1: Merchant (to Peasant): Why are you traveling?
2: Peasant (to Merchant): I'm going out for some water.

And so on.
Post not guaranteed accurate or pristine for all of time.
Sigtext. Enticing, yes? If you do not know where things I have "sigged" go, this page will explain.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6143 on: July 15, 2014, 12:13:05 am »

I killed a vampire pikesdwarf who appeared next to a trogoldyte recruit who was apparently important whose name I recognise from a keep at a city and when I killed the vampire my character was frozen in place for days while the game automatically waited. I couldn't read announcements, move or even go to the main menu. It went on for days before I killed the process.

DestroyX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: July 15, 2014, 02:30:18 am »

You gouge The overlord's right eye with Your left hand and the part splits in gore!
You release the grip of Your left hand from The overlord's head.
You: Greetings.  My name is Mechanismus Dimpledvolcanic.
You kick The overlord in the anus from behind with your right foot and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
You: Would you agree to become lord of The Stinks of Anuses, taking over my duties and responsibilities?

my god :'D

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: July 15, 2014, 03:04:35 am »

Just found a dwarf called "Urist Soulblockade." Unfortunately, he's the local militia commander, meaning he won't join me. Sad. He must be a badass with that name. Former mercenary, too.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: July 15, 2014, 05:49:46 am »

So on my quest to find goblins who killed my fortress in adventure mode, I end up in human town, enter the keep, search the dungeons and find one lone goblin chieftain. Figuring out that since npcs rarely attack first I ask him what is his deal and he severs my motor sensors. My companions kill the chieftain, but yeah, retiring this adventurer :p So lesson learned, never talk to glowing strangers with hostile titles

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: July 15, 2014, 08:48:35 am »

You pick up the live fly with your left hand.
You make a spiked fly chitin ball.
You make a fly chitin breastplate.
You make a fly chitin breastplate.
You have created a masterpiece *fly chitin breastplate*!
You make a *fly chitin breastplate*.
You grab The overlord by the iron great axe from behind with your left hand!
You struggle for the iron great axe.
You gain possession of the iron great axe.
You have created a masterpiece *iron sock*!
You make a *iron sock*.
How did you do that? What mod are you using?
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6148 on: July 15, 2014, 09:11:08 am »

I went to kill bandits, met a guy in the camp and greeted him, before he answered me my friend shot him in the head and killed him instantly, saying "Finally he is dead, it is done".

I have a feeling I'm just a sidekick providing distraction while he is the real hero. :D
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: July 15, 2014, 10:30:09 am »

My current adventurer is named Ted. Yeah, that's what the RNG gave me.
I think it's very fitting for a tall, chiselled-bodied, bloodthirsty axe-wielding demigod who devours the hearts of his enemies to have such a mundane-sounding name. At this point I've killed fourty-nine various beings as Ted, fourty-three of those notable, in the name of my Lord Dof Webblocks.

I've just stumbled upon a warrior sleeping in a tent. Anyone else encountered tents, yet? I think they're pretty cool, I wish we could use them.
I might see if he'll let me and my companions (who have maybe three-or-four kills between them at most) rest in his tent, and then perhaps ask just who he serves and if he'd like to join us on our murderous adventures. :) I've been wanting to fight a titan, but their shrines are very hard to find... all anyone can tell me is the name, and how many of their kin the titans have killed.

Edit: Oh shit, I had a brief nap and then waited around for the guy to wake up.
Once he did, I greeted him and asked why he was travelling, only to jump away from a sword strike as he declared, "I'm on an important mission." To kill Ted, apparently. Well, I can't say Ted doesn't deserve it, but he sure ain't going down without a fight. 8)

He "deftly" parried my first blow; I was trying to hack off his toe to toy with him. This might just be the first proper fight Ted's had in a long damn time! :D Let's see if my companions actually step in to help, or if they're just going to run around shouting "There's fighting! That was alarming." until one of us is dead.

Double-edit: Or not. We fought briefly, with me aiming for non-lethal strikes as well as knocking him down with charges to prolong the fun and try to make my way out of the tent, but then I smashed in his ribcage with a pommel strike and he fainted. Not sure where my companions got to... I think I'll spare this guy, simply for having the guts to actually attack me.

EDIT: Aw shit, walked out of the tent to look around for my companions, and there's a friggin' Ogre of Shadow by the cliffs nearby.
The Coastal Eagle protect me, this should be one hell of a fight without my companions here to act as distractions.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 10:55:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1103