Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2013765 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6150 on: July 15, 2014, 11:18:16 am »

Guess what I just found in a mead hall?

A human hammerman necromancer, what.....

I did recruit him for the !!FUN!! of it though. Also trying to find an iron sword rather than the silver one I have, already picked up a bunch of iron armor.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:28:08 am by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6151 on: July 15, 2014, 11:39:24 am »

HA! Aw man, do NOT underestimate zombie cats! My guy just about got buzzsawed to death, and I think they have claws of iron.

Okay, I was travelling with the human necromancer companion, then when there were loads of stray cats trying to get into a mead hall, I set them on fire by igniting below them, then the necromancer did his thing, then the cats attacked the necromancer and were also apparently hostile to me. I avoided them for the most part while they massacred a bunch of nearby animals, then all of a sudden, a cat that was next to me suddenly dissapeared and then the next turn later *combat spam of zombie cat scratching me in the head, knocked out, then scratchity scratch scratch to the head til dead*

I swear that the zombie cat jumped up and then BAM, dropped on me.

mineforce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6152 on: July 15, 2014, 11:41:44 am »

Companions scream In terror as I fight the plains titan alone. I won but it was obvious that these soldiers aren't adventurer material.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:43:36 am by mineforce »
Who's born in the fortress, die in the fortress

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #6153 on: July 15, 2014, 12:00:07 pm »

I ran into a dwarf necro in a drinking mound I went to sleep the night in. Didnt have room to recruit him though and I was quite suspicious of him anyway. Interesting to hear that this occurrance has happened to others too.

A while after that my guide disappeared in an ambush and when checking some events that have been happening I noticed this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm also being completely overshadowed in combat by my crossbow using companion, Muffinscatch.  :P
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6154 on: July 15, 2014, 12:07:20 pm »

Well, just decided to start up an adventurer in the newest version, and found that the RNG loves me.

BTW, does the god you worship matter at all?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6155 on: July 15, 2014, 12:10:43 pm »

I ran into a dwarf necro in a drinking mound I went to sleep the night in. Didnt have room to recruit him though and I was quite suspicious of him anyway. Interesting to hear that this occurrance has happened to others too.

A while after that my guide disappeared in an ambush and when checking some events that have been happening I noticed this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm also being completely overshadowed in combat by my crossbow using companion, Muffinscatch.  :P

"I have to kill the zombies!"
"No Johuotar, you are the zombies."
And then Johunotar was a zombie.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6156 on: July 15, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »

Went around killing some hostile goblins with my axedwarf, then I went to another Dwarven town and was attacked by a spearman and a swordsman, I decapitated the spearman and chased the swordsman. Eventually I got sick of chasing the swordsman and asked her to cease hostilities, which she agreed to. Then I asked why she was travelling at which point she swung twice at me while my guard was down, missing both times. I then fought her, but was beaten when she cut off my shield hand, disabled my axe arm, and cut off one of my legs.

She still never got through my armor and I bled to death, still trying to break her leg with my remaining leg. Apparently she was actually a swordmaster.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 12:21:42 pm by Steelmagic »
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6157 on: July 15, 2014, 02:05:52 pm »

I was journeying south through lands which had a bunch of necro towers towards dwarven lands to get some steel armor (taking advantage of that bug where all dwarven stuff is human sized), stopped at a lone elven settlement, then got attacked by zombies (what did I expect), managed to dodge them a couple turns and then suddenly one of them exploded my hand and then they killed me.

Hadn't even raised up that adventurers attributes and skills yet, and it was a demigod, I wanted to get the steel stuff first.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6158 on: July 15, 2014, 02:47:22 pm »

EDIT: Aw shit, walked out of the tent to look around for my companions, and there's a friggin' Ogre of Shadow by the cliffs nearby.
The Coastal Eagle protect me, this should be one hell of a fight without my companions here to act as distractions.

...Well. Thus ended the adventures of the mighty Ted Blockreins the Curious Butterfly of Morals.
One-two hit by an ogre of shadow... the first hit made him lose consciousness, the second cost him his life. His worthless companions died too, falling like wheat before a scythe, the beast unheeding of their screams for mercy. Maybe in time another will rise to take up Ted's bloody title, but until then Lord Dof faces a critical lack of any useful servants.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6159 on: July 15, 2014, 02:57:03 pm »

my latest adventurer is having some good fun. c: after wiping out a majority of humanity and emptying there villages she went on to the dark fortress to kill some goblins, sadly its pretty laggy due to the 10,000 or some goblins and the 5,000 or so trolls living there. so slowly but surely I try to kill them all. duel wielding iron scimitars she seeks to end the goblins reign over zeh world. ;"D
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6160 on: July 15, 2014, 03:07:20 pm »

(0.34.11)

I am trying to escape the Underworld through a curious structure. Fresh one, full of nasty inhabitants. Only seven companions left, we're somewhere in the middle of it now.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Mageziya

• Bay Watcher
  • OH NO, EVERYTHING'S DEAD!
    • View Profile
    • Derp
« Reply #6161 on: July 15, 2014, 04:10:53 pm »

40.03. Create adventurer. Walk out front door.

Spoiler: Greeted by this. (click to show/hide)

As I haven't played adventure mode before DF2014, can anyone tell me how common this is?
Every dwarf, every dwarven man, women, and child, that comes to our forts will die there; it's truly sad when you think about it. And we ask our selves, why? Why do we push forward, knowing this fate, that we are destined for failure? Because, this game grasps the concept of mortality. Some games you can never lose, but we all stop eventually, causing a 'death' to those game's 'worlds'. Dwarf Fortress gives us a definite end, knowing that we will leave that world eventually, and move on to more.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6162 on: July 15, 2014, 04:23:55 pm »

Well there is always some sort of animation but i haven't seen so many goblins !

What is the year of your game ? Are there some events in legend mode, such as a war between humans and goblins ?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6163 on: July 15, 2014, 04:24:53 pm »

Wait, TONS OF GUINEAFOUL?
Wow.
If nobody sees, infinite meat.

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6164 on: July 15, 2014, 04:29:59 pm »

Wait, TONS OF GUINEAFOUL?
Wow.
If nobody sees, infinite meat.

luckily we won't be notified when they breath....
Pages: 1 ... 409 410 [411] 412 413 ... 1103