Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021247 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6450 on: July 30, 2014, 11:33:41 am »

My kobold pulled many similar feats with regards to creatures/people not reacting when being stabbed to death, which I think more accurately indicates that you are simply being so stealthy about it they haven't NOTICED.

further update, i captured a town with a castle, and, returning to it, i went to its river for a drink, then slept next to the bridge, when i woke up, a VILE TROLL was attacking, having come to abduct people, my swordsman ally attacked the vile troll wrestler, and i snuck up behind it, sadly it managed to kill the swordsman, she will be missed, but i took out its legs, and then ripped the tendons in its hands, before stabbing it about 50 times until it finally died, avenging my subordinate and saving the town. sadly this event was undone by the game crashing untimely. I attempted to repeat it, only for the night troll not to arrive the second time. oh well. Okay they just took a bit longer this time.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 12:36:34 pm by random_odd_guy »

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: July 30, 2014, 12:36:05 pm »

I climbed to the top of a tower in a dark fortress, finding a room with nearly twenty goblins in it. I tried to go back down the ramp, but instead ended up dodging my way into the middle of the goblins. After eventually getting back down the ramp, I dodged one final attack. My upper body then skidded along the floor and exploded into gore.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: July 30, 2014, 04:56:34 pm »

Just stabbed a goblin swordsman in the right eye from behind.
It was a bit awkward.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: July 30, 2014, 06:25:52 pm »

I have to say, I am disappointed. I mean, that was an INTERESTING challenge, but I didn't come to this island to race megabeasts. I came here to engage in epic combat with them.

Imma just 'sig this real quick.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: July 30, 2014, 08:25:11 pm »

Why thank you, glad you enjoyed that line. Seriously though as a superhuman agile vampire running at full sprint i was BARELY faster than it.

I have been, for hours now, been trying to think of a way to aquire pants. Despite conquering 8 different governments, and aquiring all manner of jewelery, the one thing that Flidifiplorsnus Rirnecar Slinamcudal has been unable to obtain, was a suitable pair of pants.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: July 31, 2014, 08:07:31 am »

Started a new character on a new world, a human, hearthperson of a Lady in the human castle.
I noticed a hatch going down on that floor and went there.

I landed in a very huge multi-level dungeons with stairs in every direction leading into other stairs and big rooms full of completely empty...
No treasure to be have, nothing.

Until i ran into a room with 5 goblins and a goblin corpse.
But not a single one of them were hostile to me , probably due to how broken DF2014 is in term of relations/emotions

The 5 goblins were actually all elite or lords of their weapon , they were no regular goblins, and as they were the only living thing in that very huge dungeon, from past DF version they are then supposed to be a bandit group dwelving here (as in DF2012 in a castle underground dungeon there were always bandits resting there).

As i was stealth, i decided to hammer the nearby goblin axe lord, as usual with broken DF2014, the axe lord didn't reacted to my strikes, until he started to panic and run incredibly fast, screaming "i yield, i yield"
For fun i asked him to yield and he replied "you first coward" , before disappearing, sprinting away in the dark , i guess dialogues are as broken as relation/emotion

The other goblins weapon lords and elites didn't cared a single second and i killed them all without any kind of challenge as unfortunately expected.

As the dungeon was way too huge to try to find the running away axe lord, i decided to report the killing of those bandits.
To my surprise the Lady , while replying "it was inevitable" as expected was trying to spit on me at each goblin slain report, and finally called me a "murderer" and ran away, while her guards didn't cared a single second.

I moved out of the building , running after the Lady to try to talk her into making some sense, and noticed on the towers , the guards were all ... goblins ... friendly.

Oh well.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:09:24 am by Robsoie »

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: July 31, 2014, 08:54:31 am »

Starting as a dwarf in the most northern and therefore warmest civilization on the continent.

I begin to wander around the place and snoop through the living rooms, but all I can find is leather clothing.
I enter the meeting halls and ask about the local troublemakers and my whereabouts. Apparantly I'm part of the guard.
The mayor knows a great deal about local bandits and nightcreatures, and gives me specific directions. I promptly recruit 2 fellow guardsdwarves into my squad and set out on our quest to find the exit.
I finally run into the major staircase and descend a bit into the cavern layer, but find that the bandits will probably roam the surface and start to climb back upwards.
As I reach the ground level, I stumble upon the trade depot and try to trade for some better equipment, but all that is available is human-sized, so my own stuff will have to do.

We start wandering north towards a marked bandit camp. On our way, my companions start to butcher the local wildlife and I join in on the fun, after all some supplies are very welcome.
We reach the "Ravaged Desert", a vast plains of black sand, and continue our track north.
Large packs of coyotes are roaming here, but they put up no resistance as we hunt them down.

After half a day of travel we reach the bandit camp by night.
I creep towards them, and start to pick off the sleeping bandits one by one. Noone seems to notice me, not even the bandits standing guard seem to bother much. As I attack the bandits, my fellows guardsmen utter words of disinterest and neutrality.
Finally, only one sleeping bandit is left alive and I decide to wake him up to interrogate him.
A good kick in the teeth should do the job. But apparently he has sunk too deep into sweet dream land and neither my kicking, not my companions joining in on the beating can disrupt his slumber. At some point one of my blows proves to be too strong and a fatal punch to the head ends his misery.
Not much loot here, so we continue our journey, as there seems to be a civilized site further north.

As we reach it it turns out to be a hamlet, with cottages carved into the hill and some underground cellars. The village seems to be poor and everyone is irritated and intimidated by our armed intrusion. They seem to fear an invasion of sorts.
The mayor tries to make a run for it as I talk to him. I sheathe my weapons and appease him doing so, we finally exchange a few words and he has some useful information about the local surroundings.
We continue north, where there's supposedly another bandit camp near the ocean.

On our way we find many more coyotes and some leopards and panthers, the first ones to put up some resistance and fight back.
I grow a little tired of the slaughtering, but my companions relentlessly hammer away.

We finally reach the camp, and it turns out to be inhabited by a large band of kobolds. Finally some action, I think to myself.
I charge in, hoping to take the kobolds by surprise and ferocity. Only to find myself surprised, that instead of being met with daggers and bolts, I'm confronted with goblins cowering on the floor, crying in fear and anguish as I quickly dispose of the first of them.
Their tears and the fact that they are unarmed and not even trying to run away leave me wondering if my cause is as righteous as I thought it'd be. Only a giant pile of stolen goods in the middle of the camp seems to bear witness of their crimes.
I finish off the last of them, my fellows chime in with incantations of  "I don't care about this".

Browsing through the stolen goods reveals nothing of relevance apart from thousands of coins and armor pieces, which are too large. I grab two water skins to make sure I can carry some extra supplies and continue my way towards the coast.

We reach the shore after short travel and the weather seems to be decent enough to traverse to the other side, where there's another camp we have to raid.
I start to swim and about halfway to the other side: "You are encased in a block of ice".

The end.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 09:03:08 am by h.scorpio »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6457 on: July 31, 2014, 09:35:33 am »

By the way, I read a slab, but didn't become a necromancer?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

cyberTripping

• Bay Watcher
  • JPEG Artifactoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: July 31, 2014, 12:08:56 pm »

Were you an elf? Because to my knowledge you have to be mortal to become a necromancer, worldgen or no.
Everything's in the news today

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6459 on: July 31, 2014, 03:00:13 pm »

Were you an elf? Because to my knowledge you have to be mortal to become a necromancer, worldgen or no.

Yeah. I thought that was an entity-based and not creature-based thing, though.

Ah well. In somewhat related news, I got punched in the leg and that somehow severed the nerve. AAAND the closest civvies are hostile to me (badly timed blood drinking) so no crutches. halp
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6460 on: July 31, 2014, 08:47:13 pm »

I fast travelled, stopped by a mead hall, and got a message that a section of cavern has collapsed...I'm...not sure what happened.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6461 on: July 31, 2014, 09:51:57 pm »

Why thank you, glad you enjoyed that line. Seriously though as a superhuman agile vampire running at full sprint I was BARELY faster than it.

I have been, for hours now, been trying to think of a way to acquire pants. Despite conquering 8 different governments, and acquiring all manner of jewelry, the one thing that Flidifiplorsnus Rirnecar Slinamcudal has been unable to obtain, was a suitable pair of pants.

You're welcome. I also had a lot of trouble finding pants once. Looks like human males prefer to cross-dress.

What a weird sort.
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6462 on: July 31, 2014, 09:57:05 pm »

Why thank you, glad you enjoyed that line. Seriously though as a superhuman agile vampire running at full sprint I was BARELY faster than it.

I have been, for hours now, been trying to think of a way to acquire pants. Despite conquering 8 different governments, and acquiring all manner of jewelry, the one thing that Flidifiplorsnus Rirnecar Slinamcudal has been unable to obtain, was a suitable pair of pants.

You're welcome. I also had a lot of trouble finding pants once. Looks like human males prefer to cross-dress.

What a weird sort.

In my case its that kobolds lack sufficient technology to make pants...even though they can make tunics...Anyway, due to this I can't find any in my size. THE ETERNAL QUEST FOR PANTS RAGES ON

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6463 on: July 31, 2014, 09:59:40 pm »

Another adventurer (this one with over a hundred kills) dead to moronic effects. A 1-z fall in water, colliding with an obstacle that did the usual skull-shattering trick.
GM of Trespassers V2.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6464 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:58 pm »

Another adventurer (this one with over a hundred kills) dead to moronic effects. A 1-z fall in water, colliding with an obstacle that did the usual skull-shattering trick.

at least that's better than a glacier melting spontaneously while you are crossing it, letting you fall one z level, and then refreezing around you
Pages: 1 ... 429 430 [431] 432 433 ... 1104