Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021141 times)

CancerousCthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6480 on: August 01, 2014, 09:43:22 pm »

Made a world with 90% evil biomes. After 200 years of history, the only creatures left were gobbos. Fun fun! A gobbo adventurer! So I made him and within five minutes I am now an undead thrall. I somehow lost my right hand AND my warhammer to an undead salt water crocodile, so I am now using it's corpse as an incredibly effective replacement to my old hammer. Thank you pulping!

Via evil cloud/mist/fog or rain? I have yet to see the evil cloud/mist/fog weather in adventure mode.

Indeed. Caught in an evil cloud of murk or something similar.
Guys I don't think we want to mess with using dwarves as fusion material here. Be careful.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6481 on: August 01, 2014, 09:46:41 pm »

Made a world with 90% evil biomes. After 200 years of history, the only creatures left were gobbos. Fun fun! A gobbo adventurer! So I made him and within five minutes I am now an undead thrall. I somehow lost my right hand AND my warhammer to an undead salt water crocodile, so I am now using it's corpse as an incredibly effective replacement to my old hammer. Thank you pulping!

Via evil cloud/mist/fog or rain? I have yet to see the evil cloud/mist/fog weather in adventure mode.

Haven't run into one in adventure mode yet for whatever reason. Wonder if I can become a vampire husk or something.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6482 on: August 01, 2014, 10:02:46 pm »

Haven't run into one in adventure mode yet for whatever reason. Wonder if I can become a vampire husk or something.

probably. i think it doesnt work the other way around though. and you'd have a hard time getting quests after that. but probably.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6483 on: August 02, 2014, 02:47:00 am »

I'm quite finished with crossbowmen I can't see removing my ability to stand.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6484 on: August 02, 2014, 03:19:10 am »

I'm quite finished with crossbowmen I can't see removing my ability to stand.

aren't we all? protip: shields

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6485 on: August 02, 2014, 03:21:41 am »

Shields, dodge, and agility.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6486 on: August 02, 2014, 04:12:54 am »

Also armor user skill, in this version they aren't nearly so insta killing. Every last bit of protection helps. Also willpower helps you to bat arrows out of the air.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6487 on: August 02, 2014, 04:18:18 am »

Also my advice for dealing with crowsbowmen and bowmen is to run at them at full sprint to limit how many shots they can get off and hope for the best when you reach them
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6488 on: August 02, 2014, 05:09:26 am »

Trying to find some capitals, no clue how to do so. How do I tell which city is the capital for a given civilization?

Ask them for trading  partners.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #6489 on: August 02, 2014, 05:49:01 am »

Trying to find some capitals, no clue how to do so. How do I tell which city is the capital for a given civilization?

Ask them for trading  partners.
It's also marked with a crown on the Q-log map.

BTW, I dunno if you guys have followed the developments, but .40.05 bolts are a lot less overpowered now:
Steel has about 92% deflection rate, candy 100%.
Iron, copper and bronze also deflect, but not as much.

Of course, bolts still break bones and numb, but at least putting on armour makes a difference now.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6490 on: August 02, 2014, 07:15:14 am »

Nice, what got changed?
Looking into the raws crossbows are still railguns:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #6491 on: August 02, 2014, 07:16:40 am »

Nice, what got changed?
Looking into the raws crossbows are still railguns:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
No trust me, they are not railguns anymore:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141364.0
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6492 on: August 02, 2014, 08:47:54 am »

Well good job on the analysis, it seems indeed better than before.
Yet if I understood the explanation from some older discussion the [SHOOT_FORCE:1000] thing makes the bolts fly at an unreasonable speed still, or am I wrong?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6493 on: August 02, 2014, 09:12:51 am »

Well good job on the analysis, it seems indeed better than before.
Yet if I understood the explanation from some older discussion the [SHOOT_FORCE:1000] thing makes the bolts fly at an unreasonable speed still, or am I wrong?
It is actually capped by max velocity now, the shoot force is that high just so heavy ammunition is actually viable (because density lowers actual velocity). So at max, ranged weapons are 1/5th what they once were.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6494 on: August 02, 2014, 09:21:22 am »

Decided to finally give the new version adventure mode a long, decent run. Started as an axedwarf. Recruited a couple companions. Not rushing anywhere, trying to carefully piece together the state of affairs in the world. Got a large elven kingdom nearby. Haven't seen any goblins yet, though there are quite a lot of evil regions nearby. Witnessed zombie-camels from afar. Sneaked into a lair, seen a dragon, walked away. Tried to confront a winged slug Hill Titan, hacked at it a few times, escaped due to efforts being pretty ineffective.
Moving on, going west...
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake
Pages: 1 ... 431 432 [433] 434 435 ... 1104