Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994659 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6765 on: September 22, 2014, 08:54:13 am »

I went back to the goblins pits in which i destroyed near to a hundred of trolls in the undeground once, then noticed after going back that another hundred of them respawned, and killed them all again.

And i noticed a slow down where closing in the tower hiding the entrance to the pit undeground, i feared the troll respawned and i was right  ... a hundred of trolls respawned again, that's discouraging really, i cleared 2 times already that same location from all the insane amount of passive (with only few reactive) trolls and the game respawn them all again ?

I decided to not clear it again, no point as the game will very likely just respawn them all over again anyways.
On my way out, i kicked a troll (one of the few reactive trolls, as it's a no job one), out of frustration.

Wow, very low kicking skill (something i didn't trained out of dabbling) and still lucky roll can destroy a troll. Hilarious broken system when Axe at Master skill + Fighter at Legendary will get "deflected by the troll robe" the majority of the time when aiming at the same location against a reactive troll.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 08:56:42 am by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6766 on: September 22, 2014, 08:57:09 am »

I think the respawning might be a bug, not sure.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: September 22, 2014, 11:03:30 am »

I tested and killed them all .. again
Then i went upstair , slept 8 hours and came back to the troll cavern, and there was again a huge batch of trolls that respawned out of nowhere.
Definitively something wrong, because i looked through legendviewers before going to that goblin site and there was +/- 100 trolls only (and the reason why i adventured there, as usually goblin sites have much more than that in my worlds, making those zones completely unplayable).

And my kill count is over 400 , while i adventured around the world, more than 300 of those kills come easily from those respawning trolls
I reported the save just after i killed all the trolls, so people can try to move upstair , sleep and see the respawn thing happening again

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6768 on: September 22, 2014, 11:19:58 am »

Then i went upstair , slept 8 hours and came back to the troll cavern, and there was again a huge batch of trolls that respawned out of nowhere.
Definitively something wrong, because i looked through legendviewers before going to that goblin site and there was +/- 100 trolls only (and the reason why i adventured there, as usually goblin sites have much more than that in my worlds, making those zones completely unplayable).

And my kill count is over 400 , while i adventured around the world, more than 300 of those kills come easily from those respawning trolls
I reported the save just after i killed all the trolls, so people can try to move upstair , sleep and see the respawn thing happening again
respawning bug was never fixed I guess. Oh well so much for those who want to kill the world.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: September 22, 2014, 12:19:49 pm »

respawning bug was never fixed I guess. Oh well so much for those who want to kill the world.

Well, I've seen it happening to domestic animals and it happens in dark towers and a few other sites, so it's not completely fixed.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6770 on: September 22, 2014, 12:42:19 pm »

If i remember well the fix was about animals, but i notice there are many animals (weren't trolls animals too ?) that have now jobs (like the trolls), some animals can even be found as "recruit" (without even being "animal men"), maybe that's where the fix break : as if an animal has a job (that is a bug in itself already), doesn't it mean that the game does not treat it as animal anymore ?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: September 22, 2014, 01:24:39 pm »

If i remember well the fix was about animals, but i notice there are many animals (weren't trolls animals too ?) that have now jobs (like the trolls), some animals can even be found as "recruit" (without even being "animal men"), maybe that's where the fix break : as if an animal has a job (that is a bug in itself already), doesn't it mean that the game does not treat it as animal anymore ?
nah it's most likely due to the game randomly generating a populace for when you visit than "animals count as people too!."

stepping away from regeneration I finally learn where all those items go when you trade with people,
They go into their coin pouch.

Don't worry he's a dad.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6772 on: September 22, 2014, 01:29:51 pm »

Don't worry he's a dad.
But is he THE dad?!
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: September 22, 2014, 01:37:21 pm »

Don't worry he's a dad.
But is he THE dad?!
Well for one of the babies? Man I'm a horrible parent.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: September 22, 2014, 03:11:16 pm »

nah it's most likely due to the game randomly generating a populace for when you visit than "animals count as people too!."

stepping away from regeneration I finally learn where all those items go when you trade with people,

Don't worry he's a dad.
Oh my gosh, their carrying babies! Quick try to barter for one. I wonder if he'll sell...
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: September 22, 2014, 05:18:54 pm »

Don't worry he's a dad.
Oh my gosh, their carrying babies! Quick try to barter for one. I wonder if he'll sell...
I gifted the maceman a chest with 2 babies. Reasoning is to see if I could do it the other reason is it's 2 for 1 child day sale.
"body swapping and YOU!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: September 22, 2014, 05:23:31 pm »

Ran into some temperature strangeness, when I came out of fast travel after retrieving the steel axe and shield of a companion who drowned in a river, I suddenly got messages about getting frozen to death, checked the temp, which was hot, checked wounds, hands were getting frost bitten, dropped all weapons and shields I was holding, went into fast travel and back to heal wounds.

After that, things were fine. I attempted to reproduce it by putting the things in the water, going to fast travel and back, didn't work. Obviously the river wasn't frozen and it wasn't all that long before I came back, so.... no idea how the axe and shield had suddenly attained a sub-zero temperature. Even checked the temperature while in the water (where I was at the time) and it said warm.

I would post a bug report, but I wasn't able to reproduce it and have no idea what happened.

Edit: I'm running Peridexis's starter pack 40.13 r1, but I don't have any DFhack plugins on that would mess with temperature.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 05:26:15 pm by smjjames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: September 22, 2014, 05:27:04 pm »

Ran into some temperature strangeness, when I came out of fast travel after retrieving the steel axe and shield of a companion who drowned in a river, I suddenly got messages about getting frozen to death, checked the temp, which was hot, checked wounds, hands were getting frost bitten, dropped all weapons and shields I was holding, went into fast travel and back to heal wounds.

After that, things were fine. I attempted to reproduce it by putting the things in the water, going to fast travel and back, didn't work. Obviously the river wasn't frozen and it wasn't all that long before I came back, so.... no idea how the axe and shield had suddenly attained a sub-zero temperature. Even checked the temperature while in the water (where I was at the time) and it said warm.

I would post a bug report, but I wasn't able to reproduce it and have no idea what happened.
you might have cross the river during the switch between day and night which usually freeze.
"body swapping and YOU!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: September 22, 2014, 05:44:29 pm »

I gifted the maceman a chest with 2 babies. Reasoning is to see if I could do it the other reason is it's 2 for 1 child day sale.
How did you get babies into your inventory!?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: September 22, 2014, 08:44:01 pm »

How did you get babies into your inventory!?
uhh using dfhack script to shove babies into a chest. though with how caged units act in Adventure mode you could carry a caged bunny with you from a fortsite and never have to worry about travel mode not remembering there was a unit in the cage, just that you can't retire with a caged unit  or the game forgets about the guy and unloads them.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 1103