Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2013822 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6780 on: September 23, 2014, 08:33:41 am »

LOL @ my companion

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: September 23, 2014, 10:26:00 am »

So a hamlet i was visiting was being harrassed by bandits from a bandit camp
There were 3 goblins that i annihilated very fast before leaving them a chance to run away

None really cared about me reporting this "it was inevitable" that i saved their hamlet ...
oh well, at least they're not hating me, that's some kind of progress considering how broken it is

Anyways, i then went to the bandit camp belonging those goblins were coming from, looking after the bandit leader, once i arrived, i destroyed them all and destroyed their ringleader, Olngo whatever was the name.

Then i went to report my feat. And annoyingly, the bandit boss Olngo whatever wasn't listed at all in the insane +75 pages of possible reports about every birds and groundhogs that looked at me angry ...
So i decided to use the "brag" option, hoping by luck the game would pick Olngo whatever, and lucky me it did.
But i forgot how broken adventure mode interactions are :

despite all the bandits are dead , their camp is dead and their boss, Olngo whatever is dead ... and that i just told them.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 10:30:44 am by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: September 23, 2014, 10:36:03 am »

Yeah, I really wish that Toady One would fix the thing where it reports every animal that looks at you funny or runs from you as an attack, makes finding things you do want to report difficult to outright impossible. I don't know why he hasn't fixed that already as it seems like something that would get dealt with.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: September 23, 2014, 12:07:04 pm »

probably decided what to fix at random, because it is indeed very annoying.
But in the same time i don't think reporting is really working, half of the time what you report is completely ignored and the guy you reported to will still tell you how much that monster you killed is terrifying the city or something and so you should kill it !
So the fix may involve a lot more work than only filter events worthy of reporting, and remove things you already reported as with the supposed rumour spread there's no need to constantly report everything apparently.

Anyways, i ran into a labyrinth on a random world travel. Happy as i didn't found any minotaur so far to see how them being fixed will work
And

and so the inevitable conclusion as the thing didn't even tried to fight

Well, the less i can say is that minotaurs aren't fixed, they still run away from you cowardly.
I guess it will indeed take months to fix adventure mode or at least get it in a state near to how working it was in 34.11 (that was buggy, but at least much more enjoyable in term of how things reacted and at least worked semi-believably)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:24:25 pm by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:48 pm »

Platyus kicked me in the hand and I fell unconscious on the opposite bank.  Currently taking a looooong nap unconscious while my swordsman companion plays nintendo with some buck rabbits.

here we go:
         [SYN_INJECTED]
         [CE_PAIN:SEV:100:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:2:PEAK:100:END:1500]
         [CE_SWELLING:SEV:25:PROB:100:RESISTABLE:SIZE_DILUTES:LOCALIZED:VASCULAR_ONLY:START:50:PEAK:500:END:1500]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 12:15:18 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: September 23, 2014, 12:31:52 pm »

Actually, if you're alone, they'll definetly fight you, might be variant on personality though. Although when I went in with a companion, the minotaur kept running away.

Toady One seems to be putting off the conversation system bugfixes as he hasn't done any on that. Aside from the crashes early on.

Also, the rumors you spread don't seem to spread from hamlet to hamlet, town to town, they just stay in the local site, so you have to repeatedly do it for each site. Or am I just not waiting long enough for the rumors to spread outside the site?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: September 23, 2014, 12:53:57 pm »

Difficult to imagine all those brutal mythological monsters being basic cowards like anyone else on a generated world, with worldgen telling you about their "rampage" and their big amount of kills and opponents running away from them you really imagine a completely different behaviour instead of powerful monsters running away from your party.
If it's intended behaviour, it breaks so much of the atmosphere.

No idea about how fast/far rumors will go, they do not even spread to the guy i'm directly talking and delivering reports, so i can't even imagine if it would spread anywhere else ... when it will actually work course.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: September 23, 2014, 01:04:19 pm »

I can tell that they do work because when you tell a bunch of stuff about slaying things, they'll respond like they're starstruck. What I do is go to a market (if I'm in a town) yell a bunch of rumors and they'll spread from there.

I've left an area for months as an adventurer and it didn't look like rumors spread by me actually spread beyond the site. NPC rumors seem to spread from site to site just fine since rumors of armies on the march will spread FAR from the site of origin.

They can also somehow know that I killed something or someone despite me never telling anybody or leaving any witnesses alive.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:10:46 pm by smjjames »

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: September 23, 2014, 02:26:58 pm »

They can also somehow know that I killed something or someone despite me never telling anybody or leaving any witnesses alive.
You have a fanbase, duh.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: September 23, 2014, 02:54:16 pm »

oh you also get fanfare from murdered victims aswell.
if someone gets up and killed they will remember who killed them and want a hit out for them. this leads to the only time I seen someone thank the heavens that I murder a bandit group.

Also need to keep an eye on the levels of combat and ally: because only companions with Ally: will side with you in a fight, and those with out it are staying out of it.

in adventuring news, lost the baby, dad got mugged. still pissed off that no one knows how to rob people passively in adventure mode.

learn about dodging and blocking makes up for being chumps and had a reminder that once you place a chokehold in their lock in to die, you can't just wait for the person to recover to tighten the knot again.
other than that I hope I unlock being a hearthsperson soon.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: September 23, 2014, 03:23:55 pm »

oh you also get fanfare from murdered victims aswell.
if someone gets up and killed they will remember who killed them and want a hit out for them. this leads to the only time I seen someone thank the heavens that I murder a bandit group.

Uh, how? Besides being in a reanimating biome.....

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: September 23, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »

Or maybe being necromancer.

I decided to look for a Vault, not wanting to wander randomly and count on luck, i looked through legendsviewer and found one that was actually quite close to my current location, it's right next to a human hamlet, i wonder how none ever noticed it in the town, that would be great to have rumors about such structures when there are so close to a civilian site.

Anyways, before going in, i read a bit about what legendsviewer have to say about it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6792 on: September 23, 2014, 04:45:32 pm »

I sneaked in the Vault just to give a look at the kind of enemies inside

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: September 23, 2014, 05:27:27 pm »

Remember Erib Lancepartners "the Hazy Buck-luxury of Weather", and fear whoever will go and find the items left lying around :)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6794 on: September 24, 2014, 08:31:21 am »

about the rumors propagation, found a nice example with my previous character that killed a minotaur , finally the fact is acknowledged, when i started to play another character.

Too bad the system is still so badly broken :

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 1103