Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020356 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6795 on: September 24, 2014, 09:26:57 am »

Yeah, that's what I was talking about earlier, except I'm pretty sure that nobody else besides my two companions knew about it. It's entirely possible that one of them mentioned it while I was passing through a site, but still.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: September 24, 2014, 02:24:16 pm »

successfully rob someone!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
all it took was killing a squad full of people with wrestling moves and scaring the hell out of remaining 2 people, if you get them to yield first you get a new dialog option for your hostile foe menu that basically demanding them for an item.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: September 24, 2014, 08:23:13 pm »

I genned a world I plan to keep for a bit, so I took to it with seriousness.

Cue me going into an otherwise unplayable goblin capital as an elf and killing all the children I find with goblin names in my search for an abducted human.

On the plus side, Im finally going to see what the big fuss is firsthand about these places.

And atrocities aside, goblin died on the ledge in a troll pit
I have to wonder of Toady put that in as an lol or if random chance is that good.  Maybe at the bottom there are corpses, though . . .
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 08:37:34 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Walrusking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: September 24, 2014, 10:25:33 pm »

Strangest thing happened.

So I come across this stone building with engraved walls called the Pulpy Church. I walk in and see a glowing icon. Thinking it's a deity, I try to go talk to it. It walks away. I try talking to it from a distance and the following happens:

Me: Hello An. Life is, in a word, the moon.

An Dotongethac, high boil: I hate you.

The high boil spits!
The flying An Mirrorcave's human spit misses you!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: September 24, 2014, 10:40:09 pm »

Cue me going into an otherwise unplayable goblin capital as an elf and killing all the children I find with goblin names in my search for an abducted human.

On the plus side, Im finally going to see what the big fuss is firsthand about these places.

I have to wonder of Toady put that in as an lol or if random chance is that good.  Maybe at the bottom there are corpses, though . . .

Yes there are random scattered goblin corpses at the bottom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: September 25, 2014, 07:48:34 am »

Yes there are random scattered goblin corpses at the bottom.

:P No, there was a strong current at the bottom, which sucked me into a flooded room full of corpses.  Was a real pain getting out.

So, I think I understand why I was unable to find Nemile as yet.  Or maybe I dont.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: September 25, 2014, 08:28:24 am »

I ran into a dwarven hamlet, excepted that all the hillocks are populated with goblins.
Here the glowing red eyes of those evil monsters, some are even "drunks", mocking the dwarven ways !

I can only imagine why there's no dwarves here, i have a good sword and i know how to use it, vengeance for the dwarves and the drunk dwarves !

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: September 25, 2014, 08:47:54 am »

Found a few dwarves survivors from the goblin onslaught that has certainly taken place in that hamlet in some not so distant past.
They must be happy to see help coming finally and me making that mountain of goblin corpses as a memento to all the dwarves those damned demon worshipping murdering evil machines killed to conquer that hamlet.

Oh, one of those dwarves is even the mayor of the hamlet, for sure he'll thank me in some official ceremony, giving me the key of the city and naming me their hero !

So, are you happy my friend to have your hamlet and your people saved from the goblins ?

What the ....
And now every dwarves survivor hate me, spit on me, a couple of them even tried to kill me (my allies killed them fast)
That's one of the worst stockholm syndrome i saw on my adventure so far
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:51:34 am by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: September 25, 2014, 08:59:40 am »

So the goblins did not appreciate my attempt to bring the prisoners topside with me.  A flood of poorly trained recruits overwhelmed me and my wooden hammer.  I dont know where my longer term companion was, but I think he started the fight that ultimately killed us.

Ive taken to trying to log everything I do in this world, so here is the log:

Yup.  Almost my entire kill list was goblin children, as was my companions.  Our hero names were

inevi Satinmoth the Tenebrous King of Circumstance
Quosa Clutchwists the Gasping Twinkle of Adulteration
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 09:14:01 am by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: September 25, 2014, 09:13:45 am »

Nice idea to keep a log.
I'll have to try, as reading the legends for long lived adventurers aren't telling much of the stories.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: September 25, 2014, 10:11:37 am »

With a party of warriors, my character went to the location of the glorious Erib Lancepartners' last stand

And found the remnants of both the heroine and the mighty powerful creature she managed to defeat before her death.

Going to bring back her body for a roleplayed burial worthy of her feat back to the castle of my Lady.

and probably going to take something else that despite the name that are randomly given are very shiny good loot :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: September 25, 2014, 11:00:30 am »

Found a few dwarves survivors from the goblin onslaught that has certainly taken place in that hamlet in some not so distant past.
They must be happy to see help coming finally and me making that mountain of goblin corpses as a memento to all the dwarves those damned demon worshipping murdering evil machines killed to conquer that hamlet.

Oh, one of those dwarves is even the mayor of the hamlet, for sure he'll thank me in some official ceremony, giving me the key of the city and naming me their hero !

So, are you happy my friend to have your hamlet and your people saved from the goblins ?

What the ....
And now every dwarves survivor hate me, spit on me, a couple of them even tried to kill me (my allies killed them fast)
That's one of the worst stockholm syndrome i saw on my adventure so far
not all goblins are evil in nature. That said those goblins might have never killed a soul in that town thus didn't spark them being totally against them and just slightly worried.
Like the townsfolks are super keen at solving any issues they have with their knives(points to their solutions to outed vampires) just that they have no reason to stab folks who decided for today to defend their homes for a tax fee.

kinda wonder what did this goblin group do to win the hearts of that town, or was the mayor that awful that the citizens are glad to be under goblin rule.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: September 25, 2014, 11:12:54 am »

not all goblins are evil in nature.

No, there's no good goblins and bad goblins or neutral goblins in DF because in DF goblins are evil by nature due to their creature_standard.txt definition including :
[EVIL]

and unless the wiki is wrong on what this token mean
Creature is considered evil and will only show up in evil biomes. Civilizations with USE_EVIL_ANIMALS can domesticate them regardless of exotic status. Has no effect on cavern creatures.

Having happy joyous and overfriendly goblins do not make much sense.
If this [EVIL] nature was only in the goblin entry for the entity_default.txt it would make sense that goblins not belonging to goblin civs would not be evil, but as it's the creature itself that is embedded with that token, they're evil regardless of the civ they're in.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:24:36 am by Robsoie »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: September 25, 2014, 11:26:04 am »

not all goblins are evil in nature.

No, there's no good goblins and bad goblins or neutral goblins in DF because in DF goblins are evil by nature due to their creature_standard.txt definition including :
[EVIL]
what about lawful, neutral, chaotic goblins of the evil faction? then again DF seem to move away from base evil are auto hostile units now so.
like I wonder if toady fix the evil civs hating adventurers of that civ once they leave their site. like I remember toady one talking about Goblin getting along in a DF talk before.
then again I can't fault anyone modding their game to suit their needs.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: September 25, 2014, 11:44:48 am »

The thing in DF is that everyone can be a shade of good/neutral/evil because they're not defined as such.
There's no [GOOD] token in creature_standard for the playable species (human, dwarf, elf), only some creatures have one (unicorn, fairy, etc..) .

But there are creatures for which it's not true, like Goblins are the one with an alignment token, and it's [EVIL] , like Trolls, Ogres, Nightwings etc.. and so shouldn't be able to be good/neutral/shade of them.

If Toady wanted to go away with creatures that are true evil in their nature, he would not have included that [EVIL] token in the creature definition, only in the entities (so only specific civs , not specific individuals would be true evil)

But the danger of doing that is that unless Toady seriously improve a lot how you recognize people and their factions and the reactions of them toward you (instead of current "everyone is mostly passive to you" that i think is a real bug instead of a design choice considering how uneventful it makes the game half of the time), it's only going to make adventure mode even more of a mess than it is in df2014.

Already in current version, despite the existence of [EVIL] for goblins, you can have an army made of goblins and humans fighting a human town made of goblins and humans belonging to the same civ as you, while... none on both side (even the army not belonging to your own civ) being hostile to you.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 11:47:38 am by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1104