Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019379 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6915 on: October 02, 2014, 04:24:09 pm »

hmm I really should test out that adventurers being I have no mouth and I must scream by making one and swapping out immediately just to commune with them.

Example?
well it seems that you can't really ask them about any of their past adventures or fame since anyone you jump into has no idea about it, which means you can't bring it up as a rumor the rumor menu is lock out until the unit overhears any dialog, also it was inevitable is one of the only few options that exits the topic rumor menu, like all the other options don't clear the check and pops you out of the menu so I guess some lines are pure cosmetic and others that does stuff.  though it's a shame that peasants don't take up the call for adventure in front of your eyes, though this does explain why they don't know jack.

Huh, even if you jump into an unit in a place where you know the rumor has spread?

Anyways, my newest adventurer didn't last very long, barely even three days. Probably shouldn't have had him be overloaded with stuff while attacking a bandit camp.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: October 02, 2014, 07:42:41 pm »

I didn't test that idea out but from swapping around units I try to cause insurrections leading to mayors joining me, and keep getting this comment popping up.
kinda want to see if I can edit this, lead to a game crash.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6917 on: October 02, 2014, 08:00:58 pm »

New character.  03 for this world.

Started in ravaged dwarf civ.  Everything is poor and desolate.  Except this one housing unit.  It is covered with colorful trees grapes and other fruits in a manner that would make a hobbit blush.  Its a medium sized mound with an admittedly beautiful array of plants.  There are kobold civs with more members than this civ, and they have thusfar one of the most beautiful DF backgrounds I've ever seen.

---

Though reverse-decimated, they do have an army out marching.

---

Also, waay too many quarry bushes.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 08:06:01 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: October 02, 2014, 10:33:45 pm »

Arg, crash in elven occupied town, and I hadn't saved, blarg.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: October 02, 2014, 11:03:25 pm »

Murdered a bunch of people and claimed a site for myself. I punched a guy for spitting on me, and the general who had been entirely apathetic to my reputation as a serial killer up until then decided he wanted a piece of me. Didn't work out well for him. I had also killed the king, queen, mayor, and two previous generals, and raised many of the dead as my minions as part of a test for a mod. They didn't help me for shit in all the fights I got into. Need to find them some comfortable midway point between crazed mass murderers and total pacifists.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: October 03, 2014, 11:03:40 am »

I visited goblin site. Outside some civilians were scattered, while inside I found corpses of goblins and peaceful trolls.

Is this glorious troll revolution, comrades? Sadly, trolls don't seem to be talkative.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6921 on: October 03, 2014, 11:07:01 am »

Yeah, theres a bug where the trolls become hostile to the goblins for some reason.

Anyways, since theres this elven occupied town which keeps crashing, I'm genning a new world. :P Toady One really should look at these couple remaining repeatable crashes with adventure mode.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:11:54 am by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: October 03, 2014, 11:25:09 am »

My hammerlord decided to switch to sword and get the skill trained, main reason being one of the divine weapon i found is a short sword and due to divine material supposedly be awesome at weapons made for cutting things, it would be good to have.

But without sword skill i need to train, i moved toward some group of goblin towers, not too far from a dark fortress. It was barely playable, but as towers usually have all goblins sitting on top, at least it would be easy to clear and get back some performance.
So i slashed, slashed and slashed again, having high skill by then in a lot of things sure help, heads and necks were flying in every direction.

And at the 3rd tower i was cleaning, sudden freeze in the middle of that spam of goblin dialogues and my slashes.
As only thing it was a tower in which the top was filled with a really lots of goblins i can easily imagine i ran into that nasty bug , sad thing is that it had been a while i didn't saved , damn all that sword training in barely playable condition to redo :/

I hope the end of that emotion rewrite is near, there are several severe bugs leading to crashes or unplayable state left to fix in the tracker for the adventure mode .

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:01 am »

Would be nice if other people posted up crash saves for occupied towns because atm I'm the only one on that bug report.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6924 on: October 03, 2014, 11:27:12 am »

So I went to play in an evil biome.

1) Raven zombies appear to smell you rather than see you.  They follow your scent trail, it would seem.  Does anybody else notice zombie pathing? 
They also seem to know your presence through walls at tower sites., but at night after you shake them they can be snuke up upon.

2) Strong current can negate novice swimming skill?  I took novice swimming and was drowning, even in stagnant pools.  Which I solved by repeatedly jumping into water.

3) Clouds of w.e. still only occupy one zlevel, so climbing a tree is effective.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: October 03, 2014, 11:31:54 am »

2. Yeah, especially near the dropoff point of waterfalls. I've had adventurers with adequate swimming get washed off the edge a few times.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: October 03, 2014, 11:47:06 am »

Too bad there's no flying skill, would come in handy for when trying to swim near the top of a waterfall :D

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: October 03, 2014, 01:10:27 pm »

Finally got to redo the towers, this time it didn't froze, i guess the game knew i was regularly saving this time so it decided to be annoying and not allow me to be able to add a saved game for report.

Anyways, before going to the dark fortress to fight the unplayable slow gobs and trolls inside, i went downstair in the only tower that had such a thing.

I thought i was going to end in another troll nest, but this time not at all, it looked like the entrance of a troll nest (huge cave with ramps leading into it, and several big deep holes in the floor), but it was apparently a stockpile/treasure cave, the ground was filled with more or less useless items.

But oddly nothing to protect them.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In fact the whole place leading there was empty too (all the gobs "bedrooms" had none in them), i wonder where all the goblins that were supposed to be there went, as i doubt i killed them all on tower tops.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6928 on: October 03, 2014, 01:23:03 pm »

Finally got to redo the towers, this time it didn't froze, i guess the game knew i was regularly saving this time so it decided to be annoying and not allow me to be able to add a saved game for report.

Anyways, before going to the dark fortress to fight the unplayable slow gobs and trolls inside, i went downstair in the only tower that had such a thing.

I thought i was going to end in another troll nest, but this time not at all, it looked like the entrance of a troll nest (huge cave with ramps leading into it, and several big deep holes in the floor), but it was apparently a stockpile/treasure cave, the ground was filled with more or less useless items.

But oddly nothing to protect them.

In fact the whole place leading there was empty too (all the gobs "bedrooms" had none in them), i wonder where all the goblins that were supposed to be there went, as i doubt i killed them all on tower tops.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: October 03, 2014, 01:45:29 pm »

Hmm, maybe not all features are created in a goblin site, the game may choose one (troll nest, burial ground, etc...) and generate it.

Anyways, i ran into a 2nd huge cave with similar loot all over the ground.
Except that there were a lot of goblin corpses and ran into a human child

I thought he was an abducted one, so i went to talk to him but there's no dialogue from him making me think he was prisonner, i asked him about his family while checking in Legendsviewer

After checking i found that his father was originally adbucted by goblins and settled with them, the same for his mother, the father and mother met in the goblin site and married there , having the child in that hell hole.
They killed several elves for the goblins, and the mother was killed by a bear grizzly from the elves during one of the wars.

The father relocated into another goblin site, leaving that child behind to fend for himself in that horrible place.
I wish i could get the child back to a much safer place far from gobs hell holes, but unfortunately the game does not allow that .

While giving a look at the various items, i noticed in the middle of the bunch of goblin corpse a coffin and a slab :

Looking at legendviewers, it was a human woman that was abducted by the goblins and was murdered by an elf.
Not sure what made the goblin to bury her decently and even make a memorial slab as there's nothing out of ordinary she did in the legends
That elf was murdered by a female goblin at some point. I guess karma still works.

The strange thing is that the elf was abducted and was living in the same goblin civ as the human woman he murdered
That elf was married with a female elf issued from an abduction too, and that female elf was murdered by ... the father of the chikd i was talking to before noticing the slab !

edit :
found a 3rd huge cave with items on ground, but this time i notice lots of tables and a few chairs.
I guess that's the dinner cave or something like that.
But despite there's none, it lag a lot there, no idea what the game is doing
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 02:04:39 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 1104