Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011766 times)

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7065 on: October 23, 2014, 04:40:07 pm »

To try and keep my companions alive I've taken to telling the marksdwarf I recruited to wait outside of lairs and the rotating melee slot to wait a few squares behind me. Once I stack a few attack/defense penalties on the opponent, then I'll bring melee in. Current melee is a drunk I armed with a spear and shield.

If your melee companion fights from the beginning (s)he can help you get side and back attacks, but is usually mangled for the effort because of poor defense and free swinging AI.

One of other odd things that's happened is every time I drop a bag filled with food and water outside a site before engaging, this bag just randomly moves to another location once I come back out.

How did you arm him? I cant get adv-bodyswap to work with the latest starter pack release. DF hack said it is an un known command.
Buy all containres like pouch, and sell them weapon and then shield. :)

@kingu

The drunk I recruited had no container of any kind so I just gave him the spear then the shield.

But if someone has a container, do what Nikow suggested.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: October 24, 2014, 11:00:48 am »

I am stuck fighting a goblin patrol on an evil glacier.  I ran into them after fleeing from some 'evil gloom' in their site, and they decided to attack.  I killed one, causing all but a decently skilled lasher to flee.  And they killed one of my companions, causing another to flee southwest into the cloud.  I just finished landing a lucky knife strike on the lasher when the cloud popped onscreen.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I hope not to have to fight the various bowmen and recruits Ill find in the trenches (pictured northeast, but even if you ask them to end hostilities theyll snipe at you. :<

Also I want to see if I can find the (un)dead body of my other companion.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 11:04:25 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:34 pm »

Walking around the countryside, see a legendary spearman in a tent, walk up to him, say 'hi', he replies to my greeting... and chops my leg off.

Die shortly after.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: October 24, 2014, 02:05:04 pm »

I will tell you a short story. Story about Stalith Memistrosphi, but her friends called her "Inka". Inka is known, because she killed Nelti Uprilbatow, Freak Consort Of Twiliht. Stalith was born in Nirana, "Necroquiet", one of 4 great cities. Her parents are unknow, she was only a peasant, found by guards as a baby. She spend her early years with Atthem Cunningclose, priest of The Heavenly Sect, but Stalith doesn't liked him, in fact, he has been found dead in forest, stabed into abdomen many times by large copper dagger. Everybody are still thinking it was a kobold...

She has been adopted by local castle guards. They was training her for years, she was competent Swordswoman when she appied to stay local lady hearthperson. Sadly, Stalith was not respected in her town after Atthem accident and because of rumors about his relation to her...

She has been send to kill Freak Consort Of Twilight, Nelthi Uprilbatow to prove her value. She agreed, but she was unwillig to kill. Stalith was thinking, she can just convince Nelthi to come back to society. In fact, Stalith doesn't know what she meet in Tocnuura Gorbe Lomoth, "Ghostdied the Shade of Tombs" on Totonslexsmul, "The noiseless Swamp".

When she was heading to Tocnuura, she found Etrukara, "Earthenheat", camp belongs to "The Present Sounds". She was scared to show herself, she just sneaked in on ground and checked bags, then stole iron pick and iron helmet. In fact, it was intresting choice.

When she arrived to her target, there was stars on the sky. She heard a lot of stories about bogeyman, she first time heard They cackling. She was sure it was bogeymans, but if not bogeymans... She doesn't even wanted thinking about it. She found entrance to cave, she came inside really slowly... She lightly push the door and doesn't not spoted anybody inside. She lay on goround and was slowly crawling into cave. She was suprised when she reached end of cavern and there was nothing. Literaly noting, not even spiders or vermings. She checked again whole cave, nothing. There was dark outside, she was scared by strange voices from woods, so she closed the door and lay in deepest cornel of cave... after a short while she fall asleep.

When she waked up, she not even think to check if she is still alone, she was sure she was... but... Stalith pale blue eyes was looking at large scaly humanoid. Humanoid has two short tails and bloated body, covered by charcoal, large, overlapping scales. Humanoid was furiously staring her glow fuschia eyes on bronze scimitar, straped to Stalith upper body. She her weapon as fast, as she was able, and without even thinking a second, she just stabed monster into chest and jumped out. She hit monster into hearth, a lot of blood was leaking from hole in scales.

Monster charged at Stalith, but Staliths muscles was remember moves trained by years in castle, swing and jump out, swing and jump out. One of the last swings severed away monsters body, other splitted humanids guts, but Stalith was unscratched. After a desperate fight, a lot of alteires belongs to Nelti Uprilbatow, Freak Consort Of Twilight has ben cut and... this night creature has bled to death...

This is only first Stalith adventure, and i have hope, last one, because i think it will be enough for her to stay heartperson.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: October 24, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(The Blue things are zombies.)
I decided to try and take on a necro tower with me and my army of companions.
They all got mauled by elves wielding *Copper Carving Knives*, and now I'm being chased down by the horde of undead.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Mostlyhuman

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Unescaped Lunatic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: October 24, 2014, 05:48:28 pm »

Walking around the countryside, see a legendary spearman in a tent, walk up to him, say 'hi', he replies to my greeting... and chops my leg off.

Die shortly after.

How did he chop your legs off with a spear? Like how you chop a leg off with a hammer?  :P

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7071 on: October 25, 2014, 05:46:37 pm »

We get a new dialogue with the new 40.14, we can ask people "how they are feeling".

I asked around several villager of the hamlet i started in and got :
"I'm doing well"
"Everybody has their own way of life"
"Always deal fairly"
"A skilled warrior is a beautiful sight to behold"
"I don't think i'm cut out for this"
"How great it is to be surrounded by family"
"There's no value in all these scheming i see these days"
"It's a great day to fall in love all over again"
"Some people are so wrapped up in themeselves"

Looks like so far none is particularly affected by something, i guess it will be my character duty to make sure it's going to change :D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 06:07:46 pm by Robsoie »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: October 25, 2014, 06:05:53 pm »

Die shortly after.

How did he chop your legs off with a spear? Like how you chop a leg off with a hammer?  :P

Spears have a blade.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120823041742/olympians/images/a/a5/3-Greek-Spear.jpg

They can be "swung" and that option is also in DF. If your leg isn't particularly thick it can be sliced off with a nice swing.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: October 25, 2014, 06:08:22 pm »

after recruiting 3 allies, i noticed a * moving around the castle of my hamlet, i went there and found 3 goblins, my companions seemed willing to engage , confirming they were real enemies, so we attacked, my 2 companions killed all the goblins minus an axegoblin while another companion was running around.

I decided to ask for a cease of hostility, (mistake i wanted to choose yield) and the goblin accepted (at least this made sense considering they were getting beaten), i asked him to join my party but he claimed he couldn't, his duty was there (there ? where there, it's the wilderness, there are only trees and turkey hens around).
But unfortunately my party members shot the unfortunate goblins to death multiple time until he died.

Well, for once i wasn't the crazy guy there :D

I reported the feats of my companions to the Lady of the castle, hoping the new emotion system would kick in, only to be met by ...
"it was inevitable".

Oh well, looks like new emotion will play little on those "inevitable" stuff

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: October 25, 2014, 06:54:55 pm »

Wait, you mean you weren't the crazy one? Woah.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #7075 on: October 25, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »

I reported the feats of my companions to the Lady of the castle, hoping the new emotion system would kick in, only to be met by ...
"it was inevitable".

Oh well, looks like new emotion will play little on those "inevitable" stuff

Yeah -- sorry about that.  The event responses are still their "reasoned" responses, though I had wanted to get at them too this time.  It'll happen sometime.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: October 25, 2014, 09:10:59 pm »

I loaded up the save that I brought from 40.13 and my companions are saying blankety blank*... begone fear!, yet I'm not even in combat, lol.

I'll make a bug report on this one, not sure what's going on really.

*just the various things they say when in combat and scared.

Edit: Toady One, this bug report if you're interested in checking it out. http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=8471
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 09:22:44 pm by smjjames »

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: October 25, 2014, 09:38:26 pm »

I just walked into a house and began chopping limbs off left and right. After I wounded a ton of people who went running off in fear, one farmer began to viscously stab me. After a long, bloody fight that eventually ended in him killing me. I skipped turns to watch the aftermath in the bloody house.

Random dude walks in.
Random dude: "I was just out getting some water."
Bystander: To random dude"It is terrifying." He's standing in blood and guts, mind you.
Farmer that killed me: Gesturing to my corpse "This is truly horrifying."

I love this game.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: October 25, 2014, 09:43:20 pm »

I just walked into a house and began chopping limbs off left and right. After I wounded a ton of people who went running off in fear, one farmer began to viscously stab me. After a long, bloody fight that eventually ended in him killing me. I skipped turns to watch the aftermath in the bloody house.

Random dude walks in.
Random dude: "I was just out getting some water."
Bystander: To random dude"It is terrifying." He's standing in blood and guts, mind you.
Farmer that killed me: Gesturing to my corpse "This is truly horrifying."

I love this game.

'skipped turns'?  Can you do that after you die?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: October 25, 2014, 09:45:58 pm »

Yep.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 1103