Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019270 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7080 on: October 25, 2014, 09:52:00 pm »

I just walked into a house and began chopping limbs off left and right. After I wounded a ton of people who went running off in fear, one farmer began to viscously stab me. After a long, bloody fight that eventually ended in him killing me. I skipped turns to watch the aftermath in the bloody house.

Random dude walks in.
Random dude: "I was just out getting some water."
Bystander: To random dude"It is terrifying." He's standing in blood and guts, mind you.
Farmer that killed me: Gesturing to my corpse "This is truly horrifying."

I love this game.

Did he/she actually gesture to your corpse or are you just dramatizing?

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7081 on: October 26, 2014, 02:30:27 am »

I just walked into a house and began chopping limbs off left and right. After I wounded a ton of people who went running off in fear, one farmer began to viscously stab me. After a long, bloody fight that eventually ended in him killing me. I skipped turns to watch the aftermath in the bloody house.

Random dude walks in.
Bystander: To random dude"It is terrifying." He's standing in blood and guts, mind you.

I love this game.

'skipped turns'?  Can you do that after you die?
Spam '.' after your death.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7082 on: October 26, 2014, 04:06:23 am »

I reported the feats of my companions to the Lady of the castle, hoping the new emotion system would kick in, only to be met by ...
"it was inevitable".

Oh well, looks like new emotion will play little on those "inevitable" stuff

Yeah -- sorry about that.  The event responses are still their "reasoned" responses, though I had wanted to get at them too this time.  It'll happen sometime.
Great to read it's planned .

On the emotions, after the companions went into a fight i asked for their feelings , and it is adapting to the situation, one of them was finding death terrifying , the other was just saying "begone fear", showing that they had a change of emotion according to the situation.

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7083 on: October 26, 2014, 06:05:50 am »

Don't they already say that stuff in 40.13? And back then you didn't have to ask?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7084 on: October 26, 2014, 07:00:50 am »

Yes, but at least now they're telling you when you ask, giving you a hint on how they're really thinking, instead of you having to wait for them to talk by themselves

NoobKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7085 on: October 26, 2014, 08:03:58 am »

I guess. I'd just be happy if they responded normally to quest completion and boasting about kills and stuff.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7086 on: October 26, 2014, 08:06:00 am »

Well, above, they were saying that when not in combat, so I'm not even sure what is going on there. It's a save moved from 40.13, and that save itself is probably complicated by lots of things.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7087 on: October 26, 2014, 09:25:15 am »

Discovery. Copper sword is not sufficient to defeat zombie ogre.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7088 on: October 26, 2014, 09:35:11 am »

I've got a new one for asking feelings.

Me: How are you feeling?
goblin mayor of my starting fort: An artisan, their materials, and the tools to shape them!

Checked in legendsviewer about her normal profession (I removed the no_eat and no_drink tags from goblins and made them mortal with the same lifespan as dwarves) and she is a great bonecarver.

And another one, 'i feel nothing' can't decide if that's from emotionlessness or just a neutral not-emoting-anything-in-particular response.

AND ANOTHA

me: how are you feeling
woodcutter (with steel axe that I want): Lets make a deal.

He knows what I'm thinking! lol.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 10:02:35 am by smjjames »

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7089 on: October 26, 2014, 09:49:56 am »

Another my adventure into the evil region led me into a camp. I killed a chiftain and tried to claim site for myself. While I was running around shouting, chiftain rose from the dead and killed me. Clever bastard.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7090 on: October 26, 2014, 11:40:26 am »

People in new version are opinionated.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7091 on: October 26, 2014, 11:46:12 am »

Sirbug, was he trying to insult you or compliment you?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7092 on: October 26, 2014, 11:48:35 am »

He did spit at me. But he also accepted invititation to be my heathperson, whatever it means.

Also, is it normal that I have to rename my group every time I conquer new mead hall?

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7093 on: October 26, 2014, 02:22:18 pm »

Random dude walks in.

I love this game.

Did he/she actually gesture to your corpse or are you just dramatizing?
Dramatizing. It would be cool to see gestures added next, though.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7094 on: October 26, 2014, 04:01:05 pm »

I created new world for new version (in fact, i choose one from 21 generated worlds), and i discovered how broken realations are. During normal travel i found group of humans leading some slaved elf, i rescued him just by talking to him. He left group, They was not even angry...

He had sister, slave too, which i found, but when i come, she didn't reveal her name and first elf doesn't react for her. Strange, but even more strange is fact, They looks like They forgot about They relation...
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=145124.0
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.
Pages: 1 ... 471 472 [473] 474 475 ... 1104