Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019442 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7140 on: November 02, 2014, 01:33:04 pm »

My first 40.14 adventurer.  As an Elf LT in peacetime, Ive taken it upon myself to keep track of the unnatural monsters of the world.  Specifically the demons of the goblin civs.

Here is my preliminary examination:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, two died to elephants, most likely from the same civ of elves (who went on a warpath), on to a dragon, and tracing the line I get to a minotaur, and one is in jail.  The last one is in his fort which is heavily guarded by hostile and un-fast-travelable land.  I have four targets, a tomb, a hamlet, a minotaur lair and a dark fortress; the last two being halfway across the world.

My commander basicly told me to F off, as he had zero work for me and whatnot.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: November 02, 2014, 03:51:04 pm »

So, since everyone was depressed or thirsty in my first fort in this world, decided to retire it. Went to adventuremode, and started from that fort. Walked by the forge. An artifact shield, spear, and mail shirt had been made in my three years at that fort. Never really had a military. Went there. BAM! Perfect suit of armour and weapons, first step into adventuremode. Yay!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: November 02, 2014, 06:54:39 pm »

Arg, I've lost YET ANOTHER battle hardened companion to insanity/melancholy/berserk. The life of an adventurer is harsh, I get that, but the companions never seem to be able to, decompress, so to speak and get rid of stress.

I'd like to make a bug report, but the problem is, what's the bug and how do I describe it without it coming off as an opinion?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: November 02, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »

What?

Companions go nuts now?

TELL ME HOW DO.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: November 02, 2014, 09:27:57 pm »

Just do your normal adventuring stuff with killing, etc and they'll sooner or later start sinking into depression, tantrumming (I've had a few who tantrummed over being rained on), or stumbling around obliviously, it'll take a while before they snap, some last longer than others.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: November 02, 2014, 09:40:01 pm »

I had a dwarf hammerman flip out in the middle of killing some elves, beeline up a tree, and kill the elf queen. Upon killing him, his apparent wife shot me in the chest, I killed her, then everyone just flipped on me.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7146 on: November 02, 2014, 10:24:02 pm »

Wow thanks for being the first to deal with emotions. kinda worry my current adventurer who going around picking them up off the street and dumping them in camp would lead to them all going bonkers.
this happen to me before when I recruited a whole town with dfhack in a older version but I humored that those companions had personal grudges with each other leading to a boiling point when forced to talk to each other.
hmm time to start treating companions More as people and not meatshields/slaves. I notice talking to them and asking about their feelings tends to brighten up their moods to making them join you.
maybe you guys haven't been building up your social links with these guys and all those days of neglect drove them mad.

now to see if you can do this to non companions, can you piss off a leader into rampage?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: November 02, 2014, 10:36:56 pm »

Its just really hard to tell what works as far as figuring out what helps improve their mood. Some DFhack tool would be helpful *hint* *hint* *nudge* *nudge*.

As for pissing off leaders to the point of breaking down, I haven't tried that, was busy trying to get werebeasted, then spreading werepanther and getting a vault slab (made easy by the fact that they were made of ash), and then I'm going to use said slab to get a demon and try to assault a necromancers camp. to get the necro slab.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: November 02, 2014, 10:49:30 pm »

The demon NecroCrusher has come! A giant blob made out of mist twisted into humanoid form. It squirms and fidgets. Beware its mild-dizziness-inducing blood! :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7149 on: November 02, 2014, 10:53:26 pm »

Throw a berry at it. No, throw an egg.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: November 03, 2014, 04:18:50 am »

Throw a berry at it. No, throw an egg.
Throw a pokéball.

Wild Haunter NecroCrusher was caught!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: November 03, 2014, 10:49:43 am »

Quote from: 11/2 devlog
The stress timer in adventure mode was moving far too quickly.

Well, looks like the companions going crazy and not properly decompressing (or maybe not given enough time to decompress, given the sound of it) might be fixed.

In other news, when I went into a dark tower and then did a wait one hour to check position, the game crashed, making me lose HOURS of progress. I've decided to make a new world instead. Also hoping for an awesomer werebeast form.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: November 03, 2014, 12:19:56 pm »

Bandit doesnt have a name?
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: November 03, 2014, 12:38:17 pm »

It's a pretty old bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5075

Anyways, generated a new world, new dwarven adventurer, and asked a random dwarf what they thought about me (I'm a fortress guard) and they said that 'the whip of auras (the site government) are not fit to rule'. I smell a possible insurrection brewing.

Edit: Then again, when I ask about the local ruler, the dwarf says 'it's for the best', which is either contradictory or the dwarf hiding their true intentions. It IS rather contradictory though to one moment say that they're not fit to rule and another to say it's cool.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:40:15 pm by smjjames »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7154 on: November 03, 2014, 12:58:17 pm »

It's a pretty old bug: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5075

Anyways, generated a new world, new dwarven adventurer, and asked a random dwarf what they thought about me (I'm a fortress guard) and they said that 'the whip of auras (the site government) are not fit to rule'. I smell a possible insurrection brewing.
Its new to me :/  Ive always gotten names
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1104