Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020851 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2010, 03:04:11 am »

Nomal Bustsearch (yay RNG), Swordsdwarf Extraordinaire:

After slaying two hydras, countless wild animals, beasts, and other such exploits, she ventured into the underground, and then into an even deeper layer below that. After swimming under a flooded passageway and into a vaulted fungal forest beyond that, she was tackled off a ledge by a Drunian, and her right hand was shattered. For now, she's lost in the mushroom forest, mortally wounded, and lying half-conscious in a small nook, hiding from a pack of Crundles. Infection will be setting in soon, and the only way back toward the surface is via swimming back through the flooded tunnel, hoping not to lose consciousness while diving, and that she's able to find a way back to the cave she entered through. With only 2 days of food left, and no shield-arm, it's going to be an interesting escape.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:08 am »

My Tuatha Swordself (testing a mod) has ventured into the ruins of the dwarven fortress Irongates. Already she has slain a tribe of lobstermen (part of the mod) who had entered the place, and claimed the artifact shortsword Shinyforks the Arc of Leaving, made of steel and decorated with bands of platinum and several worthless gems. She's pretty good with her bow and her sword, and she's yet to be harmed. Currently, I'm deciding if I should venture deeper, or train some more.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Mortcinder

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2010, 05:12:54 pm »

My macedwarf thought it would be intresting to explore the strange corridor he found under some dwarven settlement. Turns out this corridor stretched for miles, was totally deserted and seemed to have no end.

When water had already run out, it seemed that there was a light at the end of the tunnel as it approached another dwarven settlement. But no, it went right under it, with no way to get up to it. Food had also depleted at this point and, with no supplies to untravel the whole tunnel, the only way was to continue forward, eating some live beetles he had in his pocket by mere chance and licking leopard blood left in the mace and armor. The only intresting thing to be found under there was a bridge neatly built over an underground chasm.

Currently he`s still travelling the tunnel (about 3 or 4 days in dwarven time already) and hoping there will be an exit when it passes under the next dwarven settlement!.

Mnijykmirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2010, 09:38:14 pm »

I bet you can [T]ravel out when under one of the dwarven settlements.

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 04:00:28 am »

Trying to conquer the underworld... these damn things are harder then BC's
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 05:22:12 pm »

Pan Warleader,* human swordsman.  My first act was to wander around a cave trying to find the opening, never finding it, then killing a hydra who happened to run across me there through blood loss.  That was a bit of a fun little battle, but I'd been hoping for a quest.  I went to a nearby town, and got one... to kill a sheep brute (??) at a nearby human dark fortress (!?).  The fortress was friendly, and no sheep brutes were to be found.  I then returned, stole some bolts from the store for throwing purposes, then ran off as quickly as I could.

After a looooooooong journey through the wilderness (I intentionally set the lower bound of savagery a little higher and got rid of the minimum low-level savagery region number, so civilisations are a bit sparser), I came across another human town, and decided to look for a quest there.  I got one:  Go to a nearby cave and kill a dragon.  So I did - and took the opportunity to go on a long journey into the depths.  Water!  Elk birds!  Giant Cave Spider webs but no spiders!  Lots and lots and lots and lots of slopes!  Fungus trees blocking passages!  I'm glad I have a decent directional sense, so I didnt get lost and could get back out quickly when he started to get thirsty or tired, even though I had wandered quite a long distance.  No dragon, though, until I exited and went to a nearby aboveground pool:  there he was.

The dragon didn't stand a chance.

The haul in money from the dragon's hoard was considerable; Pan is quite a rich man now, though he has yet to gain any extra names.  He's currently resting in the area's capital while I figure out where to go next.

*The game gave me "Pan", I picked the last name.  Free internet prize of their own choosing to whoever gets the reference.  Probably hideously obscure, though.  :P
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2010, 06:18:00 pm »

I added [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the Beastman Civs entry, and set forth on an adventure as a Cave Fish Man. I picked the last name "cloud-eyes" because they're based on blind cave fish, and got the most appropriate name ever:

It even fits his physical description. I love it. I look forward to his adventures soon.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2010, 11:44:44 pm »

I added [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] to the Beastman Civs entry, and set forth on an adventure as a Cave Fish Man. I picked the last name "cloud-eyes" because they're based on blind cave fish, and got the most appropriate name ever:

It even fits his physical description. I love it. I look forward to his adventures soon.
Awesome! Make sure his death is awesome!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2010, 12:14:21 am »

My adventurer went to a cavern, fought with three giants but had his lower spine smashed apart. Now he sits at the meadhall telling stories of the time when he was a great warrior and drinking the piss the humans call beer, while the children make fun of him.

What? Did you expect a happy ending?

THIS IS DWARF FORTRESS!

Pkassad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010, 03:43:22 am »

Just picked up a Bladebow (crossbow with short sword melee stats) from my abandoned fort, in search of a mask to protect meh face :)
Yes but then the three children hanging off her will catch fire.
And that's stopped people before...?

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010, 09:02:41 am »

My mightiest adventurer ever, a male swordsdwarf called Feb Martyredconstructs the Stern Cut of Impunity. HELL YES. I had amazing steel chain items, a scimitar, a humongous shield.. i was at the top. I slew giant eagles with ease, wrestled naked with sasquatches. I took out elven retreats by myself, i had badass scars too. In a fight with a bear, my mouth got torn out and my lips all bloody and stuff. I only got a tiny scar going across my mouth. While wiping out an entire human town a lucky crossbowman managed to shoot through my chest, i got a badass scar running down my hairy manly chest too.

I got a job to kill a skinless devil in kissedhated, a dark fortress. No big deal, i killed the skinless devil while my coward companions were busy getting stuck in the skinless devil extract. I drinked the devil's blood and goo to show my manliness. I went outside and saw a human spearman trembling in fear "HAHAHA" i thought to myself as i charged him, a huge mistake.

After slicing him so hard he wet his pants and smashed his own nose out of fear, he got a lucky shot through my upper body. I got a mortal wound going through my left lung and heart. Also several of my ribcages were flying everywhere. I went downstairs while my companions (a thief and a prisoner child) were running around going "OH MY GOD!" i lost grasp of my shield and scimitar since my hands were pierced through. I was trying to get away from the bloodthirsty spearman with 4 pages full of red description about my character. I even had some rotten/swollen body parts through the fight. He then ended me by piercing his spear through my head.

I got killed by a spearman, Feb the demonslayer, elfkiller, sasquatchwrestler, legendary swordsdwarf, fighter, thrower, armor user, dodger, shield user, observer.. oh my god! To add extra insult to my death, that human spearman was the only survivor of the dark fortress. I even had superdwarven spatial sense! SPATIAL SENSE! Not to mention the typical superdwarven strength agility etc. And to think that i was slicing the heads off of every third human i saw.

Rest in peace, Feb Martyredconstructs the Stern Cut of Impunity, you were the horror of every human and elf in the world. Two hundred eighty-six notable kills, over 250 other puny kills.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:37:30 am by Peasant »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010, 11:28:01 am »

SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 11:46:50 am »

Awesome! Make sure his death is awesome!

Fishman Adventures, Continued:
After a failed attempt to rob armor and weapons from a town (Human armor was too large, and the they had no weapon shops), Mr. Lunker was ambushed by wolves, and dove into the river to escape. He swam downstream quickly, but didn't see the bear waiting on the bank above. The bear bit and grappled him, shaking him around by the upper body until he bled to death.

So yes, he got fished out of a river by a bear. God damn, I should have seen that comming.

Peasant

• Bay Watcher
  • MANY WHELPS NOW HANDLE IT
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2010, 01:23:53 pm »

Four human towns want me to kill some kind of Coati Demon with pumpkin feathers, he is the law-giver of a town and the town itself wants the thing killed. After two of my wrestler-striker-dodger humans being scratched and suffocated to death, i decided to do the demon's job: Kill a dragon in the hustledwoods of gristlypits cave. "No big deal" i thought, "Hundreds of people have wrestled cave spiders to death." When i came to the site i saw trinkets lying around, i immediately adorned myself with a crown to show off, also got a ring and an amulet. A while of wandering around and i saw him, he had killed 4 previous adventurers trying their luck. What made him so special then?

Oh right, he's a skeletal dragon that breathes fire. I dodged the two first waves of -HUGE- flames. The third one got me and i was on fire, lurching towards the dragon. He promptly burned me to death. So, i have to either kill the demon or the dragon.. hm.

I made an axeman and killed the demon with ease. However, i did not know that the warlord of the town was a TRAITOR. A massive war erupted in the town, everyone killing everyone. I managed to slay several farmers and soldiers before going back in the warlord's house to get my reward. Little did i know that he had holed up there with his goons, and ambushed me the moment i set my foot inside. I was pointed outside by an unfriendly halberdier and my lungs pierced with bolts. What a dick.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 01:46:22 pm by Peasant »

Judas Maccabeus

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIRD_BRAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2010, 08:08:20 pm »

Pan Warleader's adventures continue!  Upon moving into the heartland of the human civilisation who gave him the goal of killing a dragon, he went to a warlord and asked for a task to do.  He was given another dragon to kill:

Alright, sounds good; ignore the odd cave name, there's been odder.  The dragon's name sounds awfully familiar, though... I wonder what it could -

Oh.  Right.  The main deity of the civilisation.

Yes.  This warlord has just asked Pan to kill his own goddess.  How could he not go ahead and do this?

It wasn't a long walk, and after going into the cave to grab the dragon's hoard, she confronted Pan outside, during a downpour.  Pan got the first shot in, throwing a bolt that the dragon took hard in the tail.  Lethari responded with dragonfire, but Pan was far enough away to avoid it.  Then, he moved in for the kill, striking with his scimitar, knocking the dragon out, and, soon enough:

Yep.  There we go.  Just committed deicide.  You don't get to do that every day.

The warlord is quite pleased, though I don't think he understands at all what is going on.  And I still don't get a longer name out of it... isn't killing a deity enough?
I'm talking about the bronze colossus. It's supposed to be made entirely of bronze.
But really he's just a softie inside. They all are really. When megabeasts come to your fort you never welcome them inside and give them a hug, do you. You heartless bastards...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 1104