Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022980 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7740 on: March 11, 2015, 01:47:03 am »

170 just gauging what look like clumps of 5 humans, so yeah more than enough.

Now, McLegendary family picnic:

Urist is the axe lord, my dad, Romlam is champion, my mom, I'm Gar, the dorf kid who can spend half an hour picking through the blood and guts in her beard and telling you which of her 1300+ kills each splash came from.  To several civilizations now she is known as a legendary hero and legendary killer.
Rab was a dragon btw, and Amxu was the badger devil leading our goblin neighbors.

'Mommy, Daddy, can we go to the amusement park?'
"Uh, there is no amusement park sweetie."
'...but why?'
"Because you killed everyone who worked there, and it's actually called a dark fortress, not an amusement park."
'...but there were other kids there playing.'
"Honey, they were kidnap victims you rescued at great risk to yourself, your father and I really do wish you would be more careful."
'I saw the kids playing with some of the mascots there, the big furry white ones and the little green and red ones, they looked like they were having lots of fun, the little green ones even gave away pieces of their costumes!'
"Those were trolls sweetheart, and goblins are usually green, but if those kids were ripping them apart that would explain the blood everywhere."
'Oh...'
"Yeah, sorry about having to expl-"
'Can we go back anyways? It was a lot of fun!'

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: March 11, 2015, 09:18:46 am »

Okay, that is pure fucking hilarity. Quick question though, how DOES one end up playing an adventurer that actually has a family? I can never seem to find out if any of the people my adventurers know are relatives, they all seem to be friends and fellow hearthpeople. owo
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: March 11, 2015, 12:18:12 pm »

From a fortress is the easiest way, I started out grabbing Urist from my own fort, found out in legends mode that he had a wife, went back later and grabbed Romlam as an adventurer, after a while of them not spitting out a kid despite sparring and living in close proximity all the time I used the dfusion script to make her pregnant and tried to have it list Urist as the father but it didn't work out so while Gar does have his genes and he does have happy thoughts about becoming a parent he doesn't bring her up properly like Romlam does.

Note that the names translate as Cloak Legendbreaker, Dagger Legendbreaker, and Destroyer Legendbreaker, and yes I did manually rename them all with gm-editor since all three had different last names and I hate the look of the 'Something McNickname' in adventurer mode.

Exodus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: March 11, 2015, 04:57:31 pm »

Well, I made an adventurer...went around. Kills some wolves and three people I thought were bandits but who afterwards turned out to just be dwarves of a civilization nearby.

And then a night lady touched my leg and it exploded into gore, she then promptly kicked my skull off my body like a soccerball.

[Quick question, how does claiming sites work?]

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: March 11, 2015, 05:27:23 pm »

It shows up legends mode, lets you be a lord or lady, when your fame is high enough you can get heartpeople, you can give the position to others, if you retire at certain other locations and your character roams around while you play others you are likely to find them hanging out wherever they have claimed instead of random hillocks in the middle of nowhere.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: March 11, 2015, 11:13:17 pm »

Okay looking into sites it seems fortress entrances are separate from the main mountain home. so Dwarves have 2 to 3 sites on the same tile, just that the fortress entrance is on the top layer where the other site is on the bottom.

So now I have a good way to dig a hole into the ground and breech either the surface or tunnels with a site in dfhack.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: March 12, 2015, 12:20:46 am »

That explains why the links between the deep parts of the fortress and the side tunnels get scrambled and severed doesn't it?

So using the trick Rummypops showed me earlier I was able to reduce the population of a nearby dark fortress before getting there, it was all nice and unlaggy, got down and found some kids, visited hell briefly (the demons outside the door were firebreathers or I woulda gone after em with the kids, but the little shmucks don't got shields and will happily charge into firebreath all day long) and then was trying to find a fort to access the tunnels to head to the nearest site with a relative I can see and it turns out the fort I started in was closest, but I had previously evacuated everyone since there is an army marching that way.

I see someone in the trees and figure I must have missed one, I go to inform them of the army and evacuate them and supercuteness x2 happens!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
D'awwww, wait, now I gotta get them back in my party to evacuate them... son of a...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:47:38 am by Max™ »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: March 12, 2015, 05:30:54 am »

That explains why the links between the deep parts of the fortress and the side tunnels get scrambled and severed doesn't it?

So using the trick Rummypops showed me earlier I was able to reduce the population of a nearby dark fortress before getting there, it was all nice and unlaggy, got down and found some kids, visited hell briefly (the demons outside the door were firebreathers or I woulda gone after em with the kids, but the little shmucks don't got shields and will happily charge into firebreath all day long) and then was trying to find a fort to access the tunnels to head to the nearest site with a relative I can see and it turns out the fort I started in was closest, but I had previously evacuated everyone since there is an army marching that way.

I see someone in the trees and figure I must have missed one, I go to inform them of the army and evacuate them and supercuteness x2 happens!
D'awwww, wait, now I gotta get them back in my party to evacuate them... son of a...

so far fort entrances could punch a hole into hell(completely breached the magma sea though) if you attempt to spawn one with dfhack, so all I need to do is combine a fortress entrance with say Demon fort and we might have an easier entrance to hell.

edit: okay using Dfusion's make a site function you can make a hamlet or town in mountains which allows you the ability to fast travel. though the only good use of doing that is to get a good view of the main surroundings since you're stuck on a 3 x 3 tile. learn this from being warped outside from the tunnels system and having to find them again in a mountain covered goblin Dark fortress.
I'm hoping I could just connect a bunch of tunnel ways to fortress entrance sites
 though it seems you can stack multiple sites on top of each other with no super issues.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 06:33:45 am by Rumrusher »
"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: March 12, 2015, 10:58:31 am »

Yeah, I accidentally created a site in a player fort and accidentally set the type to lair (don't ask) and it stuck a hunk of dirt with a basic tunnel over the top of the fort...

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: March 12, 2015, 07:00:14 pm »

This is what happens when you're playing 34.11 after having been too used to how easy fights vs normalfolks are in 40.x.

That was really brutal.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: March 12, 2015, 09:08:38 pm »

Here, have some cuteness to cancel that out.

Yes unspoilered because dammit look at that.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: March 13, 2015, 12:08:54 am »

D'aaw.

Meanwhile in Dwarf Fortress, I'm pondering the absurdity of a feline adventurer.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: March 13, 2015, 12:57:07 am »

Seriously folks, even if you don't use the whole mod, the reactions to let you make bone armor/basic weapons are cool as hell, the option to tan hides and make a backpack/waterskin is worth well more than the (free) price of admission, but there are two things that are really amazing about it.

1. You actually have a sort of open-ended built-in quest once you install the mod because once you're strong enough to go find and kill say, a minotaur, you can turn the heart into a balm of strength and "level up", so later on when you find a hydra you've got a better chance of being able to take it down, at which point you can turn the heart into a balm of power and "level up" again! Like the boost from becoming a vampire without the blood drinking requirement or negative stigma from townsfolk! Weee, a major reward for taking down progressively tougher enemies which you now have an all new reason to seek out!

2. You can kill something, skin it, tan the hide, stick said hide in your backpack you made from something else, and later on when you bump into a human tomb or keep or whatnot as a dorf and find yourself disappointed as hell because you just stumbled across a masterwork large iron breastplate to replace the bone one you're wearing... down at the bottom of the wanderer's create list is "resize breastplate"... though I don't know for sure yet how the quality transfers over, I've improved the quality on things like this but not yet found something with high quality to try it on. Still beats the piles of copper crap or no-quality iron you generally encounter in a fortress, and oh hey look at that, a reason to brave traps and mummies for a reward!

Also, I've gelded a goblin with the ground, though I still haven't gotten (and am pretty sure it isn't possible now) a gelding strike while shaking one by the guts with my teeth.
What mod is this exactly?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: March 13, 2015, 01:50:01 am »

Wanderer's Friend and the like, uhhhh... http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=140950.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: March 13, 2015, 02:38:22 am »

Here, have some cuteness to cancel that out.

Yes unspoilered because dammit look at that.
god this is far too cute. if there anything 40.xx should be remembered for it's this
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 1104