Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2017080 times)

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7770 on: March 13, 2015, 04:45:08 pm »

When you say a few steps you mean 3 tiles in and out or more?
It varies. You sort of have to teeter back and forth across the can/cannot travel border. Try moving parallel to the border as well. Sometimes it works on the first try, other times it takes a few.

Oddly enough, once you've done this you can also travel straight across rivers inside the pit!

Max: LMAO.

Waaaaait a minute.... Would this work with necro towers?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:12:50 pm by Magnus »
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7771 on: March 13, 2015, 05:15:37 pm »

It varies. You sort of have to teeter back and forth across the can/cannot travel border. Try moving parallel to the border as well. Sometimes it works on the first try, other times it takes a few.

Oddly enough, once you've done this you can also travel straight across rivers inside the pit!

Max: LMAO

really should have a gif of this. I mean I believe it works just god damn don't know if I have to play hopscotch over the no travel line and travel line or do i have to move in the fast travel menu then hopscotch the no travel line and how long would this take because I'm spending hour walkin a guy on some mason dixon line.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:20:02 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7772 on: March 13, 2015, 05:47:40 pm »

Max: LMAO

really should have a gif of this. I mean I believe it works just god damn don't know if I have to play hopscotch over the no travel line and travel line or do i have to move in the fast travel menu then hopscotch the no travel line and how long would this take because I'm spending hour walkin a guy on some mason dixon line.

I found out something very important. It only works if you approach from the west!. North, east or south is no go. It will also only allow you to travel through structures of the same type. If you want to pass through a Dark Fortress that is bordered by a Dark Pit on its west side, you're out of luck. But at least you can skip that first pit.

I'm going to move this into a new topic, so we can post any new discoveries there.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7773 on: March 13, 2015, 06:56:54 pm »

Yup, only been able to do it from the west myself, it's pretty easy from that direction actually.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7774 on: March 13, 2015, 07:20:49 pm »

People in my hometown are calling me a murderer for killing a cyclops in a nearby lair.  Ingrates  >:(

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7775 on: March 14, 2015, 01:49:42 am »

People in my hometown are calling me a murderer for killing a cyclops in a nearby lair.  Ingrates  >:(
well you are a murder, only heroes rescues kids.
case in point this picture.
You can become a legendary murder/killer if you murder more megabeasts but you won't be a hero.

"body swapping and YOU!"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7776 on: March 14, 2015, 07:44:05 am »

Relevant local beasts do help with heroism as do really famous ones like dragons that sack multiple forts and such.

Huntthetroll

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7777 on: March 14, 2015, 08:17:29 am »

It's possible [i.e. a bug] that the villagers thought of the cyclops as a neighbor, since its lair was literally right next to the hamlet.  Should I submit a bug report?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7778 on: March 14, 2015, 08:30:47 am »

Oh no, that's normal, if they don't consider it enough of a problem then they just note you bragging about killing something they had no problem with, similar if you tell them about killing tons of reindeer and keas and kingsnakes.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7779 on: March 14, 2015, 09:57:13 am »

I became a legendary hero after I killed a Roc. Then I rescued some kids and became an even more legendary hero. Then I killed a vampire, and became known as "a violent sort". Hmph.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7780 on: March 14, 2015, 01:35:33 pm »

I became a legendary hero after I killed a Roc. Then I rescued some kids and became an even more legendary hero. Then I killed a vampire, and became known as "a violent sort". Hmph.
Maybe you killed human friendly vampire.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7781 on: March 14, 2015, 01:56:22 pm »

Yeah, the people who didn't send you after the vampire may be rather fond of them.

Also, why didn't I think of this before:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Where would you like me to take you?"
'Well, my aunt lives in Flukechannels."
*change their profession to Flukechannels*

I tried with nicknames but they get shortened before the professions do, and seeing Vucar 'Flukechannels' Kuletdum was bugging me, though I may have to go with that because it doesn't show professions in the agreements list view... dammit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7782 on: March 14, 2015, 04:33:45 pm »

If you ask them multiple times, they will likely tell you where other relatives live, which might be more convenient.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7783 on: March 14, 2015, 05:49:41 pm »

That is genius. I just write down a list of all the towns they mention and then plot an itinerary, but it's nice to have it ingame.

My biggest problem has been finding the damn places. "My grandma lives in Actcyclones". Nice. I check the list of known sites - no Actcyclones. I ask people for directions - no Actcyclones. All right, kid. Here's a crossbow, we're going to kill a megabeast.

Oh, and I called out the vampire as a night creature right in front of a fortress guard, then he grew fangs and pounced at me. I punched his head off, and then asked the guard "aren't I awesome?"

"You are a violent sort. You started a fight with the human vampire Rushan Echonoses. You are also a killer."

Well, I guess he's right.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 05:56:50 pm by Magnus »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7784 on: March 14, 2015, 06:19:40 pm »

really need to find a prisoner so I can kickstart operation Prison tycoon. Convert bandits and lords into prisoners for your site.
"body swapping and YOU!"
Pages: 1 ... 517 518 [519] 520 521 ... 1103