Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2019867 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7815 on: March 18, 2015, 11:39:52 pm »

I'm still a devoted member of this civ. I do nothing but kill and kill for my nation. But none of this court could see reason, so the coup had to be bloody. I gave them each a chance, beginning with the vampires because they were less likely to have heirs, so I could appoint their successors myself. I gave the law-giver every opportunity to swear fealty or get out of town, but he kept running, then drifting back to the keep. Eventually killing someone must have made him fighting mad long enough for us to finish a duel. I did not feel the Quickening nor was I awarded his title.

I continued with the mortals because they had volunteered to die like animals for over a millennia for vampiric overlords who failed to make this empire great. They made the crappy bargain, and so I paid them with death. Plus I imposed a new decree; spitting shall formally initiate a duel, and should a challenger not draw weapon, the duel shall be resolved at the challenged's disposition. I wasn't well-disposed to the priests, all of whom were also vampires.

Hmm. Did you try asking the offending witnesses to become hearthpeople? That seems to pacify them if you can get them out of combat mode long enough to talk. Reminding them of all the dumbasses you've killed will buff up your chance of success (by the "spread rumor" option, the brag option available in combat seems to have less effect on their attitude).
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Magnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:42 am »

I finally accomplished the lifelong dream of every kobold adventurer: to find kobold bandits that don't kill me on sight, and don't start infighting at random, so I can recruit them.

Let's ignore my having given kobolds blowguns. And ignore the weird combination of an utterances-generated name plus a language-genned epithet.

I am gonna assume that giving them the [INTELLIGENT] token without removing [UTTERANCES] helps.

How do you start as a kobold?
Ilrom Ziril - The Peak of Fire:
An epic saga of weregophers and volcano gods.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=148021.0

Glatux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7817 on: March 19, 2015, 04:52:29 am »

I finally accomplished the lifelong dream of every kobold adventurer: to find kobold bandits that don't kill me on sight, and don't start infighting at random, so I can recruit them.

Let's ignore my having given kobolds blowguns. And ignore the weird combination of an utterances-generated name plus a language-genned epithet.

I am gonna assume that giving them the [INTELLIGENT] token without removing [UTTERANCES] helps.

How do you start as a kobold?
Ethier modding the game or having all civs dead but the kobold ones

Nitrolphin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: March 19, 2015, 07:02:31 am »

Well, I'm currently at an underworld spire, staring at a tortoise demon thinking; I should go find the vault first.
GENERATION 30:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: March 19, 2015, 07:12:42 am »

Hmm. Did you try asking the offending witnesses to become hearthpeople? That seems to pacify them if you can get them out of combat mode long enough to talk. Reminding them of all the dumbasses you've killed will buff up your chance of success (by the "spread rumor" option, the brag option available in combat seems to have less effect on their attitude).
Oh. I didn't think to try that, I just kept killing until I was in charge. The rest of the town didn't like that, they were upset about killing one mortal who was among the first to attack me. Her goal was immortality, so she was probably on the road to vampirism anyway. They didn't know anything about it the next hamlet over, so I just gave them the bare facts; I killed a roc and claimed the capital city. I'm a hero! Still couldn't get the lady to pay fealty.

And why would there be a smell of Death around the meadhall? I explored the area, examined everyone in it, and couldn't figure out the source.

razor871

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:42 am »

So far no one has accepted my supremacy, and I don't believe they'll give me permission to stay the night.

This somehow fits into this trope.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: March 19, 2015, 08:24:18 am »

I figured out the smell of Death; I had robbed a tomb and evaded the mummy, but he was shambling at me. But he didn't target me, but my companions, and I had to confirm attacking him. He also didn't sling any curses. I couldn't even hit him, but one of the Elf Axemen with me cut him down.

When I went back to the keep, I found one lady still alive. She passed out when I broke her weapon wrist, so I left her alone. She was still spitting mad, yet she offered me her position as lord of some nearby hamlet. I don't know if I want to visit it, but my dominion grows.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: March 19, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »

And in highly belated response to how I wound up playing as a kobold, modding. I DID explicitly mention giving their civ blowguns and giving them the [INTELLIGENT] token, after all.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: March 19, 2015, 01:45:55 pm »

Apparently I slew my own liege. Had I known, I would have given him more time to consider, but I was getting impatient, everyone was trying to get ahead of their turn, and I just might have stabbed a few people in the head before engaging in civil discussion. Oh well, I claimed my hometown in the name of The Name, and as a formality dubbed all my childhood friends as hearthpeople in the same mead hall they were already standing in.

Will The Name pay tribute to The Hot Buttery Perfection? Why certainly! See, ladies and lords? Was that so goddamn difficult?!

Firetrout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: March 19, 2015, 04:11:29 pm »

Found a lady with almost every part of her body bruised, some of her organs and all of her fingers and toes too.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: March 19, 2015, 05:03:13 pm »

In the middle of fighting a wereiguana, trying to get bitten, I accidentally drank some blood off a gauntlet instead of the plump helmet wine from the waterskin. Apparently, I punched a vampire priest in the face or something. I turned into a vampire and quickly decapitated the wereiguana. Dammit... Wanted to make an entire city into wereiguanas... Ohwell, at least I can go drop a lot of my own vampire blood into the well.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: March 19, 2015, 06:37:37 pm »

While investigating an army marching on a nearby hamlet, I followed two asteriks on the map until they split. The ones heading back were elvish, the ones to the capital were human. It was a human empire attacking, so I followed that at a run. The guy I caught up to looked like a surgeon from a distance, but was titled 'lord', and when I tackled him, 'lord Cultist'. I didn't like the sound of that. I asked him where he was heading and he said he was going to take up lordship in my capital city!

I tried to tap him with a shieldbash to change his mind, but it was a bit too rough for him. Oops. No one needs to know about this except me and my god. I'm going to have to speak with the Band of Martyrs about their claim on my town, though. If they wanted it, they should've taken it when it was falling to pieces, not after I got it functioning again!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: March 19, 2015, 07:30:33 pm »

Ohwell, at least I can go drop a lot of my own vampire blood into the well.
Won't work. T.T

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:12 am »

I came across a lord standing out in the middle of the woods, naked and catatonic. He wasn't unconscious or sleeping or in any apparent state, but communicating with him was like talking to myself. I asked my buddy about him, and was told he was the newly appointed lord of some hamlet who's lord I get the blame for killing.

When I grabbed him to test if he was a vampire, he immediately bit my nose off. Well, now I have a reason for the tears in my eyes all the time. After I tackled him -- and not just a gentle take-down this time, this was the 150 meter bodyslide -- he passed out. That concluded my test of his vampirism, but my axeman buddy did what an axeman does.

It's nice to have companions to do your dirty work. When I actually got to that town, I could tell people their new lord was slain by that guy there. And that guy there was targeted with a lot of spit from the locals while I interviewed them. I could see his dodge skills improving, though.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: March 20, 2015, 12:45:24 am »

I came across a lord standing out in the middle of the woods, naked and catatonic. He wasn't unconscious or sleeping or in any apparent state, but communicating with him was like talking to myself. I asked my buddy about him, and was told he was the newly appointed lord of some hamlet who's lord I get the blame for killing.

When I grabbed him to test if he was a vampire, he immediately bit my nose off. Well, now I have a reason for the tears in my eyes all the time. After I tackled him -- and not just a gentle take-down this time, this was the 150 meter bodyslide -- he passed out. That concluded my test of his vampirism, but my axeman buddy did what an axeman does.

It's nice to have companions to do your dirty work. When I actually got to that town, I could tell people their new lord was slain by that guy there. And that guy there was targeted with a lot of spit from the locals while I interviewed them. I could see his dodge skills improving, though.

I found that unnecessarily hilarious. Curse you, I hurt my chest laughing.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 1104