Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2020864 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #7830 on: March 20, 2015, 07:16:06 am »

Went out to test if bogeymen can be butchered then notice my flock of bogies are in the 10s I was swarmed by them. I managed to invoke a modded bogie named "Seductress" which seems like some kind of humanoid bogeyman. next to the other humanoid bogeymen that just get beat up by other bogeymen the Seductress seems to not talk. some time out of the cackling I met a goblin bowman and well this encounter happen.

After that I poke around and wanted to see what happens if I fill a fort site with Seductress... only to learn something about site inhabitants also have their syndromes charted and you can have a race full of some zombie type.
as I notice with filling a goblin Mountainhome thats already filled with undead goblins with undead treents and undead seductress ... something about inhabitant unk_18 and unk_1c slaping an syndrome class type on the spawning npcs.
oh and when I used reveal I noticed this

The gobbos fort (before I started inplanting different races ) seem to wall up a dead goblin who's teeth are scattered. this would explain why the fort started already haunted.

if I remember this fort also dealing with an insurrection.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: March 20, 2015, 09:14:04 am »

I wasted too much time chasing stale leads. The army on the march happened 5 years ago -- it was 2 guys, one died and the other went home. One vampire had already been slain and another ran off to become a fortress mayor. But the town harassed by a necromancer bandit was current, and that was the source of the smell of Death. I got cocky after I bashed one off a cliff and he died on impact, but these zombie elves were tearing my companions to pieces. I still can't account for all of them.

After they were smote, I got the scent of Elves. With my ruined nose? Wtf does elf scent like anyway? I thought they would smell like a canopy. Or not that but what is the word for a forest floor, with all the leaves in varying stages of dryness and decomposition and fungus and wormshit. It's kind of a melange of odors so mild that you can't really identify any of them as good or bad. Well, I stopped and had a rather pleasant chat with a trio of elves who didn't seem to be causing any trouble until one of them mugged my companion. That's it, I'm going to have to find this bandit warlord.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: March 20, 2015, 10:51:24 am »

The army on the march happened 5 years ago -- it was 2 guys, one died and the other went home.

Dwarf Fortress: Derpy FPS Edition.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: March 20, 2015, 11:09:30 am »

Bodies get stuck in walls when the site reloads the layout and scrambles the connections.

Had a site where I did exterminate troll before editing the amount down to sub 100 and when I came back later I used reveal to see where my folks had ended up and there were tons of troll corpses stuck in the walls.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: March 20, 2015, 02:49:54 pm »

A keep guard said I had too many already when I invited him to become hearthperson. Well, just wait around awhile, because there's about to be an opening soon. I'm losing way too many trying to get to this necro bandit. His camp is so far from any shelter that I can't find a place to rest that won't diminish my and my forces effectiveness. I haven't even gotten deep enough to find the bastard yet.

If I could just get a good pre-assault rest, I would go in for a phantom strike. Sprint at top speed, find the necro, assassinate, get the fuck out. But I'm always drowsy by the time I secure an area as well as I can, down at least a few men if not all of them. This isn't even the tower, that's further east. This is just a bandit camp!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: March 20, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »

Wow, you do well. I can't even get past bogeymen. Have nevevever sorted out anything for anyone in adventure. :(
One wheel short of a wagon

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: March 20, 2015, 04:52:46 pm »

Finally! I stationed 3 on one side and came around the other with another three. I let them go forward to engage and then charged down the center. They hardly lasted 3 turns, but I saw that pencilneck at the center of this all and put him in my fight plan. So necromancers can feel pain! I welcomed him to his mortality by grinding him across the desert.

There was one straggler I had to deal with while exhausted. No trees to climb, just flat 0 z and flat saguaros. I couldn't block this motherfucker, all I could do is wait him out to recover fatigue and creep toward the guys I had waiting west. It was fucking grueling. I don't know how grateful I feel to have gotten away; everyone I cared about was dead.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7837 on: March 20, 2015, 08:10:40 pm »

Wow, you do well. I can't even get past bogeymen. Have nevevever sorted out anything for anyone in adventure. :(
The best way to get past bogeymen is to never have them appearing
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: March 20, 2015, 08:51:22 pm »

One additional method, if you're using dfhack but don't want to feel super cheaty, when it gets close to night time dig a downstair and one or two up/down stairs, they disappear if you go down to the bottom.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: March 21, 2015, 01:17:48 am »

So I used the grapple mechanics for the first time today.

A newly recruited follower on his first combat encounter, a Dwarf Marksdwarf, enters battle by saying how much he misses his family. I, of course, being the totally-not-a-schitzophrenic-vampire that I am, immediately make his survival to be fired for inadequate genre-savvyness a priority.
Before I can reach him, a gobbo with a sword beheads him. Cue me strangling the goblin, then chasing all of his friends down, grabbing em' by the neck, and performing aesthetic surgery on their torsos with a pickaxe.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: March 21, 2015, 01:49:34 am »

I still think this is my favorite thing I've done with grappling:

Catching a sword mid-attack and hacking off the arm holding it to gain possession, shame there's no way to toss a one-liner at the npc and walk off smoking a cigar which appeared along with the eyepatch due to the overwhelming badassery on display.

Bonus edit: I got ambushed but there was some activity going on when I arrived, I got closer to the melee on the edge of the screen and what do I find?

...what the shit?

"Hey, let's beat this bird up... oh god, that dorf is killing our squad, what should we do?"
'Maybe run?'
"Nope, dorf is too fast..."
'Surrender to the bird?'
"Surrender to the bird."
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:19:27 am by Max™ »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: March 21, 2015, 08:18:14 am »

Fuck fuck fuck fuck FUuUuUuUuUk!

To articulate that more clealy, how do I get rid of a disturbance curse without cheating?  Is there a legit way to get rid of it, and if there isn't, is there a legit way to avoid it in the first place? I mean other than not looting the tomb, which isn't an option: that's what adventurers do, loot tombs.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: March 21, 2015, 08:21:57 am »

Don't bump into the mummy, be undead so it won't curse you, MUMMYHAMMER, and I do not know if it is possible to remove it, I haven't found a way.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7843 on: March 21, 2015, 10:27:13 am »

A good way to avoid it is to be a necromancer and reanimate the corpse of the guy before moving too deep into the coffin. if the game gives you the chance to see a coffin before it's too late you can just 'L'ook at the coffin to check if there's a dead guy inside if there is you can just do what I said earlier and be safe to loot the place.

so uhh I guess inhabitants of necro towers are just like peasants but with an undead syndrome slap on which explains alot when custom interactions get towers their minions tend to self destruct or kill their formal masters or all burn up.
the modder has those interactions work on multiple steps to keep a minion alive and the game just assumes all it needs is the final step.
like now I think of it the world just litters loads of new dead skeletons into a tomb and one historical dead guy.
diving into how sites works opens the idea of the game is filling in blank npcs to make up space left from all the world gen historical guys getting into place and toady slowly moving in history changing effects while having those filler not interacting with it. though at least now I know you can do more with site.inhabitants now than I did before... which means max can walk into a site alter the locals to be vampire bears then get to fight off millions50 (that's cpu safe right?) of them in a spiraling tower vault made of burning cheese well if max (modded in a material that instantly combusted that is.)  that and maybe masterworks getting custom pregen sites with custom inhabitants?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: March 21, 2015, 10:46:16 am »

WHY AM I THE WEREGUINEA-PIG FOR YOUR CRAZY CHEESETOWER BATTLES?

Srsly.
Pages: 1 ... 521 522 [523] 524 525 ... 1104