Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022765 times)

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8325 on: May 18, 2015, 11:15:12 am »

Don't you hate when you get river juice in your blood flasks? :'(

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #8326 on: May 18, 2015, 11:20:21 am »

Dwarven fortresses seemed pretty rubbish when I went to them... if only there was some Toady could snoop on our fortresses and use some sort of amalgamated/rule-deriving (doors, magma chambers, etc) fortress generator from then.

Then fortresses would be the most not the least interesting part of the game as an adventurer.

I leave it to people who know anything at all about the issues invovled to say if that would be at all achieveable or not.

That would be awesome if those uninteresting fortresses could be generated from a collection of player-made ones, and even better if you could add your own design to the collection the worldgen would pick from when it would place a dwarf fortress.

It's certainly very possible to do something like that, as Quickfort blueprints shows, or even Picturefort

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8327 on: May 18, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

I would suggest it.. but, as I have said, am clueless, and don't know if that would be obviously impossible or not.
One wheel short of a wagon

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8328 on: May 18, 2015, 03:15:22 pm »

Just took over a master hunter sheriff and led him on a quest to rescue his kids from goblins. Watching the kids hug their father while he shot goblins in the face was awesome. Though the game did fuck up a little bit about his kids joining with him. I had to use dfusion to make them come with me.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8329 on: May 18, 2015, 03:25:36 pm »

As I was drowning in the magma, I thought to myself "it might be fun to play as a disfigured freak". unfortunately, the teleport command doesn't work :c

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8330 on: May 18, 2015, 07:34:07 pm »

Hmmmm, started an adventurer to test if I had the body parts in place properly or not and right away I get "Adamantine! Praise the miners!" popping up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
>.>

Neat.

The body parts finally work though, after all the effort trying to get imbue working again I realized I could just add in a material to get the effect I was after.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Let's have a moment of silence for the dorf who gave their lives so I could make sure they would produce the right parts when butchered, after being possessed by an unknowable being they were forced to eat a strange item that let them turn into a more durable dwarf caste before control was given back just in time for them to be hurled into a wall and explode.

The hammer weighs like 17 urists btw, the dorf caste uses the denser and harder dragonbone materials, so it packs a hell of a wallop.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8331 on: May 18, 2015, 10:07:30 pm »

That's an interesting place for a dormitory, RNG. ...Have I mentioned I don't like RNGforts?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8332 on: May 18, 2015, 10:22:01 pm »

Was really screwing with me because the site was a mix of microcline and candy. I was like "OH BLOODGOD IS THIS ALL... oh, crap", so the rng trolled me with microcline in adventurer mode like it does in fortress mode.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8333 on: May 20, 2015, 03:21:16 am »

Hey, actually, Syrupleaf had a bunch of noble chambers in the Candy layers, because the mods the were using broke adamantine smithing.

{Awesome old succession fort by the way, go find the archive if you haven't already.}
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8334 on: May 20, 2015, 02:32:49 pm »

Oh I have read Headshoots and Syrupleaf.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8335 on: May 20, 2015, 06:28:06 pm »

Good, weren't they. It's odd that NPC forts can have stuff in the candy layer without actually having access to adamantine for gameplay purposes.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8336 on: May 20, 2015, 11:14:31 pm »

Given the mess most of them are that is for the best, if they had any way to mine candy then I'd say 3 out of 10 would just be flat open to hell.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8337 on: May 20, 2015, 11:52:41 pm »

Assuming RNG let them deal with that at least most of the time, that's just serve to make the game more interesting.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8338 on: May 21, 2015, 03:48:41 pm »

vanilla

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #8339 on: May 21, 2015, 03:51:12 pm »

Now that's an efficient way of taking down a hydra!
Pages: 1 ... 554 555 [556] 557 558 ... 1104