Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022908 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8370 on: May 26, 2015, 07:44:18 pm »

I was told about a vampire in town. Turns out, he was the priest. Turns out, the other two priests were also vampires. Turns out, iron carving knives are pretty damn dangerous. Turns out, fighting three armed vampires with martial arts is pretty hard. Turns out, crumpling someone's head into gore with a kick doesn't leave blood. Turns out, I wasted half an hour fighting them. Turns out, I hate saying turns out now.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: May 26, 2015, 09:29:54 pm »

I becmae a vampire tried to drink someones blood he woke up and the whole house attacked me but i killed them. then angered i slaughtered the whole town,traveled to a fortress and killed everyone there.I also found a goblin prisoner who asked me to free him. how do i do that?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: May 26, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »

You get him to follow you, then take him away from the fort.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: May 26, 2015, 09:33:19 pm »

Then do i take him to a dark fortress or just have him follow me around till he dies

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:10 pm »

I normally have them follow me around until they die. I did that with 12 companions from the normal system, when one told me the goblins had captured a bunch of soldiers. So, I "freed" the soldiers, and they followed me around in my 27 man army.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: May 26, 2015, 10:18:30 pm »

My latest adventure is turning a tavern brawling peasant into a dreaded kisat dur master. I walked into a drinking mound and beat a human axewoman into submission, shattered a gelders foot, knocked out a swordsman with one punch, then tore off a drunks finger. Then I went on to slap around the whole place and when I walked out to leave the axewoman followed me for another round. Things got out of hand and got slammed hard, her heart was pierced by her ribcage, and she died. That apparently got me some heat because when I went to the civic mound to look around the mayor pulled out a crossbow and shot me in the eye with a silver bolt. I grabbed his weapon and slammed into him. There was a brief struggle where I got the weapon but he managed to get on top of me. I grabbed him with my leg and slammed him to the ground, tore the bolt out of my eye, and jammed it in his throat.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: May 27, 2015, 03:21:51 am »

I'm trying to turn a locally unimportant peasant into a rogue warrior, with 3 knives and a bow. My first difficulty was that I couldn't even be a hearthperson, and nobody would come with me, meaning I had 1 day's radius of travel. I went on a quest the lord told me about, killing some kobolds, which he apparently didn't like much, with the help of a travelling dwarf pikeman. I also learnt to swim without drowning (had to savescum the first time) and used a stack of bolts in the hall to get a better archer and bowman skill. Tough. On the way back from the Kobolds, my now-named (before me, though it was something to do with pimples) companion got killed in a 2v2 battle with a hammergoblin and a swordgoblin. I managed to scare the swordgoblin off from on top of me by shooting her companion after he finished off the pikeman though the guts at point blank range, a startlingly effective tactic. This got me a name: Kemus Seereagles the Ships of Steel. Though goblin got my nose, but I returned to the lord and now 1 person from the halls will come with me to fight. I also killed a troll, with a 3-word-long name, so some big cheese, and I'm currently massacring goblins with an unsuccessful stakeout no a night creature lair.

All this is a lot easier than my Plan B, if I couldn't become a hearthperson: run to the big city and get some drunks to come with me.

Also, I know NPCs and cavies respawn upon leaving then returning to them. Is the same true of NPC's inventories? Cuz then I have an expensive but infinite supply of arrows.
One wheel short of a wagon

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8377 on: May 27, 2015, 10:56:27 am »

aww i just got ambushed by gars and died. though im suprised i survived as long as i did considering most of my limbs have been broken twice and my eyes were gouged.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: May 27, 2015, 03:25:20 pm »

throat slashes op

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: May 27, 2015, 03:51:08 pm »

Just got to a deserted house in a keepless town w/ the map symbol of keep with nothing in it by sprinting as the sun was setting. Nothing weird about that.
One wheel short of a wagon

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: May 27, 2015, 06:47:51 pm »

My dwarf hero rooted out a ton of bandits occupying a hillock, then He went and killed a hill titan. I was heading back to spread the tale when...

You have been encased in ice!

... I had to cross a river and it froze. :'(

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: May 27, 2015, 11:19:48 pm »

My dwarf hero rooted out a ton of bandits occupying a hillock, then He went and killed a hill titan. I was heading back to spread the tale when...

You have been encased in ice!

... I had to cross a river and it froze. :'(

This is why you always run and jump across rivers. (Though I guess that's not possible with some of the widest; it's possible with most IME, though.)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: May 28, 2015, 01:47:16 am »

I grabbed him with my leg and slammed him to the ground, tore the bolt out of my eye, and jammed it in his throat.
Metal as hell.

My kisat dur skills are getting rusty due to the addictiveness of being able to grab someone, bring up the view cursor, and then pick where I want them to go and how fast I want them to go there.

I'm sure it'll go back to just being part of my toolbox sooner or later... though I do have to note that using a script to launch yourself through someone to perform a dragonfall instead of jumping is... not always wise, as your landing isn't clean and you can like... explode yourself accidentally.

Though, I don't think the badass level of grabbing someone by the neck and then jumping upwards through them with enough force you are able to grab a treetop while they keep flying will be easily surpassed.

Picking off fleeing enemies by literally throwing their allies at them is one of the most hilariously bastardly things I've done in a while though.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: May 28, 2015, 02:44:32 pm »

I just jumptackled a minotaur into a volcano.

THIS! IS! DWARF! FORTRESS!

EDIT: Just got myself a fancy new masterwork platinum warhammer, time to train.

I just bashed two bronze colossi to death and I'm now high master.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:22:35 pm by TheFlame52 »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: May 28, 2015, 06:26:49 pm »

They skill up nicely, and swish on the minotaur.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1104