Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016329 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8385 on: May 29, 2015, 02:00:14 am »

Gonna mod in an intelligent version of dragons to play as an adventurer. Quick question, anyone know what the presumed height/length of a DF dragon is? Let's assume that maybe, in the case of length, its no more than a third tail in terms of body ratio. owo

EDIT: Izkil Maneater, huehuehue. And what shall this dragon do to start his adventure?

"A great beast threatens to bring ruin upon our people. Tribesmatch the Dominant Mucus is in The Swamp of Tunneling. Seek this place if you hunt Takru Gutbreached the Greater Flier the hydra. This vile fiend has killed one hundred thirteen in his lust for murder!"
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:48:44 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: May 29, 2015, 04:54:28 am »

Oh dear, you might find the following image somewhat offensive, being a random dragon playing dragon and all... but all of these are artifacts (I could add in names manually but I haven't figured out how to get them randomly generated yet, though they do have spikes and a couple art images) which I hacked up in adventurer mode:

Dragon bone is harder than steel but not quite candy level, and a good deal denser. That durnil (fisthammer, drops from a steel colossus, supposed to be their fist) is a big maulaxe bastard and weighs like 139 urists, think it has an image of a feather tree and a goblin that I think might be a werewolf on it.

Just artifake -item ITEM:ITEM_RAW_AND_SUCH -material WHATNOT:SOFORTH and pick up your new toy.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:58:40 am by Max™ »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: May 29, 2015, 10:17:21 am »

Now now, I did mod in these intelligent dragons as a separate creature from the non-intelligent megabeast version. owo

EDIT: Meanwhile, ventured out in search of quests, too many beasts in far away places for me to hunt, but the next town had a more well-informed population, learned of bandits in the area, and one camp hazardously close to town. Lack of a backpack saddle bag and no fresh meat hindered me, I was tempted to eat one of my companions, but then I found an abandoned store LOADED with all manner of assorted items, and thus obtained a bag full of meat. No backpack saddle bag for this dragon yet. ;w;

EDIT 2: Ohgodwut, I forgot I can wrestle with wings. While flying.

"You bite the Common Snapping Turtle in the shell and the severed part sails off in an arc!"

EDIT 3: Oh derp. Official title: Izkil Maneater the Pleated Loves. Taken a liking to storing the skulls of bandit elites in my pack.

EDIT 4: Well that was a close call. Closest I've come to dying so far despite tearing apart enemies without ever using a shield. Mostly just nothing but sneak mode and the power of omnomnom. Thankfully my companions have survived all this as well, or I'd be fucked.

And this was right after I krav maga'd my target by grabbing her hand in the middle of her previous attack, interrupting it. Was a moment away from wrist-locking her. Yes, krav maga dragon. o3o

EDIT 5: My limping dwarven companion stole my kill, I was trying to slay a fleeing goblin bandit boss to add to my skull collection. Somehow she CRAWLED faster than my top flight speed and caved the coward's skull in. Well fine then, I only need the human. I'll add YOUR skull to my collection instead, stupid dorf. Also, I made an exception to the "keep elite skulls" rule and took the mangled skull AND skeleton of the spearwoman that came so close to actually killing me.

EDIT 6: Killed what seems to be the only megabeast dragon in the world. Strangled it into unconsciousness, blocked dragonfire, and to add insult to injury the game counted the kill as me throwing its own severed paw at it, despite the cause of death being blood loss from the LACK of saw limb.

EDIT 7: Planned rescue mission of a dwarven child. Almost died again. Did a "grab target, jump to send it flying" trick on a goblin, sending us both THOUGH the fortifications at the top of a watchtower. Goblin had a landing gentle enough to run away afterward. I was out cold for apparently several in-game hours, from maybe afternoon until the dawn of the next day. Only remaining companion, a human maceman, stood watch over me the entire time. Tail and both forepaws are gibbed, left wing and left rear leg were bruised.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 09:28:34 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: May 29, 2015, 09:49:00 pm »

You wanna know what I named the full-speed start wrestle -> jump -> disarm/tackle move in Kisat Dur?

Mamgozumid: Dragonfall.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: May 29, 2015, 09:52:31 pm »

How appropriate, you retroactive jerk. ;w;

Also, halp. How do I rescue children?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: May 30, 2015, 12:09:19 am »

*gigantic scarred dragon leans over and taps a dorf on the shoulder*
'psst... hey'

*dorf turns, eyes growing wider at the sight of the dragon*
"uh, d'ye need somethin' lad?"
'halp, how do I rescue children?'

Ask about the journey, they'll mention family members hopefully and where they are, go there, enjoy cute reunion.

I went with that name because of the pre-existing move Hawkwrath being a standing jump+disarm as I recall, so I played with names and Dragonfall fit perfectly, the amusing coincidence that your dragon almost died as a result of a fall after performing a dragonfall is just gravy.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: May 30, 2015, 12:15:58 am »

I've found the child, but can't recruit him or otherwise get him to react to his abduction in any way other than "oh, that's me you're saying was kidnapped, I'm right here."

Maybe if I pester my companion about it, and thus start the "initiate rescure mission" thing going that might expand my options. I KNOW I've done this before. Also, strangely enough, as a modded-in dragon. Fun Times.

EDIT: Hell, no matter how much I tell him about my numerous kills, he won't join me at all. ;w;

EDIT 2: I suspect these children are happy "goblin" citizens that are merely non-hostile for derp reasons. Found someone in a cell with the unit type of prisoner, this might give better results.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 12:30:43 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: May 30, 2015, 01:46:27 am »

Oh no, they've gotta be prisoners to rescue them, he actually moved in there.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: May 30, 2015, 02:03:05 am »

That's 3 out of 4 children I couldn't save, yeah. They still occupy a weird position relative to adventurers. Act all happy to be a part of goblinkind, but aren't hostile like adult humans in goblin civs. I can only assume Izkil was left unsure how to handle these hatchlings.

As far as he's concerned, you either act like a civilized dragon (or human or goblin or dorf), or you act like an animal and are thus prey. Bandits and dark fortress goblins are clearly animals, as was that one megabeast dragon he encountered. City goblins are not animals and thus good hunting companions.

Funny, no sign of civilized elves yet, because the only elven retreats encountered so far have been taken over by goblin bandits and also populated mostly by bandit elves, presumably goblinized. Since elves live in the wild like animals, bandits, and megabeasts, one wonders how this would affect Izkil's opinion of elves in general. owo

EDIT: Reunion at last. Somehow I doubt that said derpdragon understands the implications of the human in question being found in the drinking mound, but that doesn't matter. This is the first time I've got a captive fully rescued and safe with a relative, as the last time I tried my chosen relative was being ganked by bandits literally right as I entered town.

EDIT 2: Owie. Fuck night trolls.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:55:50 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: May 30, 2015, 04:47:53 am »

In my world an ogresse struck down a 400-notable kills Roc by simply bashing it on the head. So yeah, fuck trolls.
Dabbling Overseer

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: May 30, 2015, 10:02:36 am »

I am at least glad to have disabled bogeymen on this world. =w=

EDIT: Also, really wishing I had a way to toggle between flying over down ramps and going down them on demand. Sometimes I want to go down, sometimes I don't. :V

EDIT 2: Clearing out a dark pit. No sign of prisoners, lots of !!trolls!! in the bonehoard though. Also, another fun thing about dragonfire? If you hit coffins and memorial slabs with it enough times, they melt.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 11:15:30 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: May 30, 2015, 11:29:09 am »

notice there's really no way to tell a bunch of bandits to stop and uhh asking for someone to yeild will lead to the comments "pum demanded me to submit" which seems like every action outside of rescuing kids is an evil act?
once you go evil you can never go civil.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: May 30, 2015, 11:37:18 am »

Only killing megabeasts works. I am aware that this is a little difficult. Savscumming is also an option.
One wheel short of a wagon

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: May 30, 2015, 12:04:33 pm »

Best I ever get out of people when mentioning the megabeasts I've killed?

It was inevitable.

Also inevitable: me eating my companions if they don't shut up about night trolls. I don't want to fight more night trolls. Unlike megabeasts, titans, bandit leaders, etc, they aren't fun to fight. Or even Fun for that matter. ;w;

EDIT: Uhoh, a warband is heading from that dark fortress I wreaked havoc at to the hillocks I'm visiting? Wait, I could see if I can use this to recuit the soldiers in the area, since that gives me the option to ask them to join me for evac.

EDIT 2: Fuck yes, it works. Assemble the horde! Should I be nice and actually lead them to safety, or lead them into glorious battle to intercept the invaders?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 01:18:15 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ThePeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: May 30, 2015, 03:45:11 pm »

So, theres some weirdness happening on the surface of my world right now. First, I exited fast travel near a river and was met with the message "You have been encased in ice!" despite me and my fellows being fine.; So I decided to do some investigative work; A human somehow set up camp in the middle of a river, which then proceeded to freeze him and his tent solid;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Plump Helmet Men, Elk Birds, Fire Imps, Giant Olms, Trolls, and Magma Crabs all running amok. And near as I can tell there isn't an abandoned magma sea tap anywhere in the area. WTF is happening? ??? The only modding i've done on this world has been to make dwarves capable of making foreign weapons (hence the sweet sword), so that shouldn't be messing with anything.

Edit: And now I found a group of Crundles surrounding a Pond Grabber. Its like the world got surface creatures confused with cavern creatures. There's probably a VERY confused group of horses hundreds of feet underground right now.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2015, 03:52:39 pm by ThePeanut »
ThePeanut likes Dwarf Fortress for its difficulty, Killer Instinct for its characters, Tolkien and H.P. Lovecraft for their works of fiction, Scimitars for their curved blades, and Dogs for their barks. He prefers to consume cheese whenever possible. If possible, he would spend the rest of his days not doing much of anything.
He dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1103