Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2021618 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8715 on: September 02, 2015, 04:37:33 pm »

Hee hee hee.

Blood for the blood god?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8716 on: September 02, 2015, 07:23:33 pm »

Sometimes when you're generating a new character (of regular dwarf height), you get very very luck and he/she is strapped with massive amounts of muscle and lard from the start, instead of going through a series repeat feedings before their first fight (and hopefully getting this cretinous transformation early).

Just now, I got to see the short dwarf version:

The description normally might have been "he's not tall, but has incredible muscles, continue fire hydrant description etc, etc"

The whole muscle and lard thing I gradually forgot about once there was 40.xx's zombie thread which for me discouraged 34.11's facing/stand and trade approach where blocking meant more than dodging. Well that, combat speed, and how pulping nerfed the padding effect of being as meaty and fat as possible. It started that sea change when I never really rolled a character with superior STR for the remainder of last fall/winter until I came back to DF this July.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8717 on: September 02, 2015, 08:16:07 pm »

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8718 on: September 08, 2015, 04:06:46 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 04:10:10 am by Tilogour »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8719 on: September 09, 2015, 02:54:13 am »

So. Played DF again for a bit. Genned up a monster-laden hellscape and used Adventurecraft. One goblin civilization was the only group to survive 2 years of worldgen, just barely.

Made a pikegoblin, and naturally I started with fucking silver. I tried and failed to find any military goblins to recruit in what might be the only settlement left intact, a dark pit. Ventured over to an apparently abandoned dark fortress, place is empty of life but LITTERED with copper and silver weapons and armor, lots of it decorated.

Already replaced some of my bonobo leather and anaconda scale armor with the few decorated copper items detailed enough to report history events. One mentions the presumably former demonic ruler of the fort, another mentions a golden slab, couple other minor events. No clue what fucked over the whole fortress though.

I also Hulkamania'd an anaconda by abusing the ability to counter-grab its bites and initiate a jump right before the grab connects. Sent it flying repeatedly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 02:57:34 am by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8720 on: September 09, 2015, 10:16:59 am »

Nice, I've been playing god since I discovered how to set anything on fire.

Items:
Inventories:
Locations:

Suffice to say I was very responsible with this new ability.

Err, well... for certain values of responsible.

Then I thought "what if I did this underwater?" and well...

It was neat, but a river wasn't big enough... my first experiment was... overzealous (3x3x18~ tiles of dragonfire in the ocean) and I could tell by the way my character blinking was taking ten or fifteen seconds per flash that I should start somewhere smaller.

I uh, learned later to sit on the bottom, it lags it up more when it has to calculate me falling after the ocean disappears beneath me.

Like Billy, from Adventure Time, I have defeated an evil ocean!

So then I got curious what would happen when I roamed around, and realized quickly that the water which was outside of my viewbox was still there.

So, faced with walls of ocean racing towards me, I did what anyone would do, I invented surfing!

Now I'm roaming the less evil oceans looking for a whale to punch, and appreciating the simple things like waves crashing against the shore.

Also that's an interesting application of Kisat Dur, is counter-grab initiation of Hawkwrath sufficient to count as a different move I wonder? Talonbind? Cobralash?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8721 on: September 09, 2015, 10:26:32 am »

Burn all the things, yesss.

And dunno what to call it. All I know is that while it knocks anacondas back surprisingly well, it didn't do much tumbling damage. Had to finish it by sending it flying, drawing  my weapons, to sprint to try and facestab it right after landing. No idea if anacondas get natural skills, but it was rather good at dodging my stabs most of the time. And several attempted countergrabs were interrupted by at least one of us dodging. >.>

EDIT: I have reached the very bottom of the demonic tower. Nothing is left. The goblins have forsaken this place.

EDIT 2: Back on the surface. I've now collected venom sacs from a rattlesnake and a black mamba. Once I get some more leather (can't use scale) for a couple extra waterskins, I'll make contact poison and the !!FUN!! will begin.

EDIT 3: Shanked a second rattler, and snuck past a couple of scaredy-cat anacondas. So many sneks.

EDIT 4: Snake? Snaaaaake? Nope, gators this time. Game's taunting me because I just HAD to decide that certain reactions have to use leather instead of allowing scale or chitin.

EDIT 5: Got far enough away to fast-travel, ventured towards a lair hoping to get a leather-yielding semimegabeast. What'd I find? I fou- OH SHIT

Screenshot:

EDIT 6: Damn this thing is fast. Keeps breaking my countergrabs before I can exploit them. Stabbed it in the foot though, so might be able to now.

EDIT 7: Nope. Now I just sail OVER it because it's prone. DOH!

EDIT 8: Well...that sucked.

Screenshot:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 04:17:22 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8722 on: September 09, 2015, 04:30:44 pm »

What's the hack you use for the glove fix?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8723 on: September 09, 2015, 04:36:16 pm »

The hack would be removing the left and right flags from hands, in the body detail plans for humanoid creatures.

It borks fortress mode production and some worldgen gauntlets though. ;w;

EDIT: Another lair. It's...oh. Hail hydra.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:48:54 pm by Random_Dragon »
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Haskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8724 on: September 09, 2015, 06:35:29 pm »

Apparently, making a pocket world and letting a lot of time pass really messes with it. Lotsa towns are completely abandoned/filled with bandits, and there are only a few things to do 'cause of the shortage of creatures.

I kinda like it. I make a hero, vanquish four or five moderately tough bandits/night creatures/a titan here and there, and I've rid the world of all evil. Like a mini storybook mode.
Tell me, have you seen the Yellow Sign?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8725 on: September 09, 2015, 07:29:28 pm »

I was doing some testing on climbing (to double check which tiles you can grab branches from) and started near a human cave with no skills but grand master in climbing. A few steps into fast travel I get ambushed by a single human archer. He greeted me with an arrow in the knee. No words, no threats, no demands. Just an arrow straight to the knee. He wouldn't let me yield. Unskilled, unarmored, and unable to dodge, I was dead in short order. No idea what his problem was.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8726 on: September 09, 2015, 07:33:34 pm »

"I used to be an adventurer, but I took an old meme to the knee."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8727 on: September 09, 2015, 08:06:46 pm »

"I used to be an adventurer, but I took an old meme to the knee."
1: "I saw some horseshoe crabs the other day. They were inevitable."
2: "I've heard others say the same."
1: "Goodbye."
2: "Goodbye."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 08:09:19 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8728 on: September 09, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »

Well. Copper pike isn't enough to handle a hydra. My goblin explorer found his natural habitat, hydraguts.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Haskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Iä! Shub-Niggurath!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8729 on: September 09, 2015, 11:19:07 pm »

Argh. Just found out that archers and crossbowmen simply switch hands when you cut their shooting hand off.

Just seamlessly switch hands and shoot you in the next turn. Hmph.
Tell me, have you seen the Yellow Sign?
Pages: 1 ... 580 581 [582] 583 584 ... 1104