Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2016574 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #8850 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:00 pm »

157 rejections but it was worth it
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

a new adventure world, until now it's perfect for adventure mode

Now that's a beautiful world, I just love messing around with making weird worlds, my favorite to make is desert worlds. c: From what I can tell that is a savage world with bits of evil yes?
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: October 12, 2015, 03:55:30 am »

I went to a bandit camp to try out my misc. object user build, which failed miserably. I got a mortal wound before i even got to the camp due to a stray arrow to the lung. I wasn't actually dead so I kept going. I had a couple allies, who killed the archer so we proceeded to the camp. I basically just grabbed as much armor/loot as I could safely carry and hoofed it, leaving my allies to deal with the bandits. I rested for several days, but that pesky mortal wound wouldnt go away. Funny because it isnt really hurting me that much. Gave up, looked at the map, and saw a small trade town, so I went for that. I got there, my pockets bursting, when I had sudden fps drop. mind you this was a tiny town, maybe 9 squares tops on the quick travel map. I'm walking slowly toward the shop area, when I start getting battle reports. zombies are coming from every which way. I quickly run to the castle, leaving the poor merchants to their fate, since I am a newly minted character(with a mortal wound), and no match for a horde of zombies. I figured the lords guards could help me defend myself. when I get to the castle, I walk inside only to find a group of zombies already streaming from inside the castle. Once that happened, I basically got sandwiched between 2 groups, and went out bravely. Farewell misc object user, you put half your points into shields and never found one XD

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: October 12, 2015, 04:14:57 am »

Ah yes zombie apocalypse towns are fun. I think sometimes it happens when a mummy is disturbed, POW, all the crypts are now full of undead.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8853 on: October 12, 2015, 04:16:29 am »

The funny thing was, I went back to that bandit site first thing with my next adventurer, and my previous allies were still there, having completely wiped out the whole place themselves. -.-

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: October 12, 2015, 04:31:39 am »

Hire em' back!
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: October 12, 2015, 12:42:34 pm »

157 rejections but it was worth it

a new adventure world, until now it's perfect for adventure mode

Now that's a beautiful world, I just love messing around with making weird worlds, my favorite to make is desert worlds. c: From what I can tell that is a savage world with bits of evil yes?

i had to remove savagery to settle it, but it has 1000 werebeast curse types and a lot of evil

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: October 12, 2015, 06:23:21 pm »

I scouted this out, swam down inside the tube, built the windows, set up the necessary supporting floors, dug the outlines, dug the candy, dug out forges, smelted the steel, hauled it up there, built it, engraved it, and tested that it works with a ghosted spirit adventurer in advfort at a fort which I started and retired after sealing up so changes would persist at the site.

I then took Zan to adventure some after turning her back into a dorf, buffed her up with megabeast hearts, raided some towers for their slabs and got the longest title I've ever had the game give me: Zan Pickhugs the Accidental Diamond Machine of Sacrifice. I suppose it could have been Blood-Machine or something to be longer but damn.

Anonymax

• Bay Watcher
  • Rated "D" For Dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: October 12, 2015, 06:30:41 pm »

already found 5 vampires, but not a single werebeast, in fact, i have never seen a werebeast before, where are they supposed to be?

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: October 12, 2015, 08:35:05 pm »

Just look for a lair and see if it has a someone in it, they will seem normal but they are most certainly not normal.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: October 12, 2015, 11:39:00 pm »

They'll probably be nude too.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #8860 on: October 13, 2015, 12:30:12 am »

already found 5 vampires, but not a single werebeast, in fact, i have never seen a werebeast before, where are they supposed to be?

Usually if you see a completely butt-naked sentient who doesn't speak at all that seems to indicate they're a werebeast.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: October 14, 2015, 10:52:57 pm »

They might not always be hostile when in their normal form, I've had that happen. Being naked seems a constant, though.
Remember that they'll only be transformed into the were beast during the full moon!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

forfor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: October 15, 2015, 10:38:00 am »

theyre naked because when they transform they rip all their clothes and unless theyre part of a fort they have no way to replace them

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: October 15, 2015, 11:01:14 am »

I never gave much thought to the infinite water trick, until my dwarf found some dwarven ale in a cave...

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: October 15, 2015, 11:02:43 am »

Aaaand I want to play Adv mode again.

Mad explosives scientist build, this time? Hell yeah.
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 ... 589 590 [591] 592 593 ... 1103