Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2014386 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9015 on: December 02, 2015, 06:57:51 am »

You probably keep civs lower and such. If I put them up at the 75 I like to use for a 33x33 it freezes every time.

If I drop it to 15 it freezes 9/10 times, if I drop it to 10 it finishes 1 in 4 or 5 tries and I get a world I can use.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9016 on: December 02, 2015, 07:13:06 am »

Odd. If I recall all I did was go to advanced worldgen, use a 65x65 island, set years to 50, and disable boogeymen.

And I just discovered that giving subterranean animal peoples the new adventure-mode token allows you to play a human outsider in a world lacking any generated civs. Neat. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #9017 on: December 02, 2015, 11:21:18 am »

Started up a peasant in 42.01. Began in a hillocks. After talking with the sheriff in the drinking mound, I learned that he lost a nephew to an ettin recently, and he could really use a drink. Despite being called a drinking mound and being full of dwarf drunks, there was no booze, or mugs, so I determined I'd need to move elsewhere to find a tavern and get my drinking on.

Went to the nearby dwarf fortress with which my hillocks did trade. Found the inn in the aboveground building where the trade depot is placed. Inn's made of pear wood, has a second floor with a few beds. No innkeeper to be found, so I guess it's a "serve yourself" style establishment. There's a human pikeman in a corner telling a story. There's also several coffers of instruments -mostly earthenware percussion, but also a stringed instrument with 52 metal strings and a copper horn weighing 35 Urists of weight- in the main drinking room. Also has mugs and dwarven wine and ale. Awww yiss, time to get boozed up and bang deliriously on some dwarven percussion instruments.

Spoiler: a kike (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a kot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a nebin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: a seth (click to show/hide)

Thinking of taking some instruments back to my hillocks, recruiting a couple drunks, and starting a band. Pretty sure that's possible.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9018 on: December 02, 2015, 06:04:02 pm »

New version, too damn good to sleep.

You: Nothing gives them the right to establish these laws.
Bekat Ramacgospo, law giver: I agree completely.

:P

Now the goblin wishes to kill me for flattering him. He was a nice enough to bandit to change the subject previously when I was rude to him, and we had a nice philospohical discussion. Oh well, some people stick to their ideals, I guess.

And now I recite a poem called Affliction Meandering. It's the only one I know, and the poetry is very, very bad. It is quite cruel and very serious. It is two lines in a 0ouplets with the same meaning, one line serious on past events, one on present ones. It isn't actually about anything much.

Oh well. They die with a bad taste in their mouth from my oration, I guess. Only just fixed +/- keys, so have average in evyerthing character. Not a great performer, and I shall use my Mcgonnaglism to the fullest in glorious battle.

Oh, so they're not killing me just yet. I ask about any troubles, but I must have pressed the wrong key, and the goblin tells me he heard me recite "Affliction Meandering". Looks like it scarred him.

Oh, and now we're friends and he enjoys arguing with me and wants to know if I've written any more poems. Weird, masochistic guy, I guess.
One wheel short of a wagon

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9019 on: December 02, 2015, 06:12:29 pm »

in another identical save I retired Fira after a performance got halted by a goblin sniper hitting a guy.
notice there's a mooseman option separated from the other intelligent animal people menu and notice I'm playing a lieutenant of an Elven group.
so I decided to not bail on my site and write poems as a mooseman in a tree.
before I could finish my first song an ambush happen and it's made up of every single elf my mooseman has seen growing up.
not to aggro anyone I just stood there and kept playing my weird stringed instrument while my warlord boss lady kept murderering these elves.
after 2 elves died 4 jump out of the tree to escape I attempted to retell the story of the 2 dead elves.
starting to think I have more fun telling stories than creating them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #9020 on: December 02, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

Made an eagleman debater whose entire goal in life was to convince everybody that friends are useless.

After a few minutes I managed to convince the queen that her friends were out to get her.

Good times.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9021 on: December 02, 2015, 07:48:31 pm »

Really too bad you can't restart fast worldgen to see how that effects things.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9022 on: December 02, 2015, 07:51:41 pm »

Ah, I forgot how annoying conquering a whole civ, town by town, can be.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9023 on: December 02, 2015, 08:17:39 pm »

Large animal + death + necromancy = instant training dummy

I'm now legendary in several combat skills.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9024 on: December 02, 2015, 08:28:34 pm »

Well. Crash while trying to escape the town I pissed off. Thus concludes the saga of the dwarven-aligned goblin vampire, swordswoman, mediocre poet, bagpipe beatboxer, ruler of 3 hamlets and would-be usurper of a town.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ThatZommy

• Bay Watcher
  • Am royalty
    • View Profile
« Reply #9025 on: December 02, 2015, 08:47:47 pm »

I decided to be a crab person and turn all humans into horrible, deceitful goblin-y peeps. So of course I thought, "Hey, lets go chat with these bandits in town". I went over, got mugged, and then before they left (Still with broken legs) I started dancing. Suddenly half the goblin muggers started dancing along with me, me dragging my body along in circles. Then, when I got near enough to my spear, I grabbed it and threw it at one of them.
 He dodged and they killed me. Woo.
Er, atleast I think that's right.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9026 on: December 02, 2015, 11:11:39 pm »

Haha, so many amusing moments in this version.
At the moment I'm a fat goblin poet/storyteller in the dark pits of Kisspoison. Seems to have a fairly vibrant poetry scene.
I managed to convince the first goblin I met (deep underground, lucky to find my way out of there) to join me after reciting a tale of how our beloved leader began ruling from Kisspoison in the time before time.

Now, all the goblins here seem to be either weak or fat, for some reason, and this guy is large and muscular.
It works quite well- he pins my critics down whilst I kick the snot out of them for disrespecting my poetry and refusing to join us.
He doesn't make much of a contribution on the creative side of things, but that's okay. We can work on that.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #9027 on: December 02, 2015, 11:15:13 pm »

Really too bad you can't restart fast worldgen to see how that effects things.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:World_activities

Just create a fortress for awhile and see what happens, we have he whole world activation thing since 40.xx.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9028 on: December 02, 2015, 11:44:00 pm »

Well, yeah, but I meant full-scale worldgen, without needing to turtle a fort the whole time.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9029 on: December 03, 2015, 03:48:44 am »

As I was exploring a town in a snowstorm with my group comprised of 2 crossbowmen, 2 poets and a dancer, we decided to start dancing in the marketplace.

Out of nowhere a dwarf zombie starts attacking some of the merchants, and gets pelted with crossbow bolts for his trouble. I keep dancing for a while with my mates before deciding "screw it" and killing the zombie.

I then made a poem about killing the zombie - the prose was very, very bad.

I'm really liking this update so far, in spite (or perhaps because) of all the bugs and weird stuff that you can do. Also really love how townsfolk aren't passive like in DF2014, some actually joined the fight against that zombie, instead of everyone going "I must withdraw!"
Pages: 1 ... 600 601 [602] 603 604 ... 1103