Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022363 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9900 on: December 28, 2015, 10:38:58 am »

Lots of bandit weaponmasters around. I lost an eye and the use of a hand to an elf spearmaster, and I'm now an adept swordsman after a long duel with a swordsmaster.

I think it's because of the unique conditions in this world. The humans conquered the goblins and did so very sloppily. Now there's tons of escaped slaves and refugees turning to banditry, leading to a bandit population in the thousands.

Tip: If you have the advantage in weight, use it! Charging into the opponent is what tipped the balance against the swordsmaster and kept me from dying to the spearmaster.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9901 on: December 28, 2015, 11:39:54 am »

It's not just the worlds, weaponmasters happen a lot more now, people seem to actually train. I posted a group of 60 bandit weaponlords on the other page.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9902 on: December 28, 2015, 12:02:37 pm »

I've got a camp with over 1200 goblins and others up north. Going anywhere near it is an invitation to get murdered by dozens of weapon masters.

The camp is basically all that's left of a goblin civilization. It's made of all the goblins that escaped the conquering of their capitol.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9903 on: December 28, 2015, 12:56:47 pm »

No vampires roving the street attacking at will. I like to believe they're still here, but keeping a low profile. Anyone could be one!

Instead that little dot on the travel map turned out to be a Night Horror spouse. Definitely not ready for that. Fortunately she was occupied tearing up a houseful of farmers. Now I'm a bit nervous about checking out the other one.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9904 on: December 28, 2015, 01:05:10 pm »

Usually when i check the roaming dots on the map i either get attacked by an alligator "recruit", or get shot at immediately by a bandit. I don't think iv'e had many good experiences with those fiendish dots.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9905 on: December 28, 2015, 01:35:24 pm »

Tracking them down has become instinctive. It's hard to resist those moving dots.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9906 on: December 28, 2015, 01:38:17 pm »

Tracking them down has become instinctive. It's hard to resist those moving dots.

Now they just need to make them red so you can be more aware of your "cat chasing a laser pointer" response. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9907 on: December 28, 2015, 01:55:41 pm »

At least cats don't get shot through the head when they chase the dots. :-\
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9908 on: December 28, 2015, 01:58:38 pm »

Got off my DF withdrawal and decided to play more of it again, especially since .04 came out.

First thing I did

I am such a child.

Miudo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9909 on: December 28, 2015, 02:03:53 pm »

So, after 2 days rampaging at a far Dark Fortress I decided it was time to go back and spread the rumors of my "achievements" (100ish trolls and 20ish goblins, mostly farmers, but eh..). I stopped at the nearest hamlet and even slaughtered some troublesome goblin bandits before calling it a day. When I was moving to the nearest house to start the rumors spread I overheard this:

http://i.imgur.com/QK9idc3.png

...how can I even compete with this fellow?... ::)

the world is 54 years old btw, hmm ...vampire?

SirAero8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9910 on: December 28, 2015, 02:35:12 pm »

Started up a human adventurer and I started wandering around looking for something interesting. I found a hamlet being "terrorized" by a group of goblins. As soon as I entered the area the goblins attacked and killed me. I started up a new adventurer in that same location, and went to that hamlet right away. The goblins rushed me again, but this time I had the most powerful weapon in the game, music. I started singing and they joined in with my performance. After that they were quite friendly, so I killed them all one by one after they split up.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9911 on: December 28, 2015, 03:29:57 pm »

I got my throat torn out by a night troll, but I killed him right back.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9912 on: December 28, 2015, 03:58:00 pm »

one thing I love about night trolls is that if you set up a campfire barrier you can talk to them.
kinda mad about the whole "dangerous animal bit." like it gets in the way of peaceful solutions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9913 on: December 28, 2015, 04:12:09 pm »

one thing I love about night trolls is that if you set up a campfire barrier you can talk to them.
kinda mad about the whole "dangerous animal bit." like it gets in the way of peaceful solutions.
Hm, I guess if you made the barrier wide enough, you could practice sneaking to bring up your agility, and perhaps use the increased gait to get away. Or better yet, include a pile of pebbles in it.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9914 on: December 28, 2015, 04:23:28 pm »

The barrier was just one campfire and in side their lair and I recruited then told a night troll husband to wait for me.
it's going to be hard but I wonder if convincing them peace is an option they'll go non-hostile.
or using this set up to round up dangerous but talkitive beasts.
like Night trolls seem like you should be able to find the poor soul who got warped and unwarp or recruit them if you calm them down.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 659 660 [661] 662 663 ... 1104