Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022357 times)

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9915 on: December 28, 2015, 04:31:59 pm »

Starting an adventure as a rhino man, i can only start in the elf zone, so... Where's a good place to get a waterskin?
I might need one as i have surprisingly been unable to find any vampires at all in my adventures as of the past few weeks.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 04:56:09 pm by SlothPajamas »
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9916 on: December 28, 2015, 04:48:38 pm »

Starting an adventure as a rhino man, i can only start at in the elf zone, so... Where's a good place to get a waterskin?
I might need one as i have surprisingly been unable to find any vampires at all in my adventures as of the past few weeks.

Unless you used a mod that adds crafting for stuff like that, you'll likely have to raid a hamlet's mead hall.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9917 on: December 28, 2015, 04:56:58 pm »

The barrier was just one campfire and in side their lair and I recruited then told a night troll husband to wait for me.
it's going to be hard but I wonder if convincing them peace is an option they'll go non-hostile.
or using this set up to round up dangerous but talkitive beasts.
like Night trolls seem like you should be able to find the poor soul who got warped and unwarp or recruit them if you calm them down.
The one I'm dealing with is in the streets, mostly in the alleyways, but goes slaughtering in the houses. If I can get a look at the battlefield ahead of time, and probably bring plenty of food, I think I could set up a perimeter to trap it instead, but failing that, get a small spaced ring around myself.

EDIT: This Pikeman I was drinking with scoffed when I asked him to join me. So I convinced him of the worthlessness of tranquility, then took him by the hand and threw him. We brawled a bit, he didn't get a hit on me, but I kept dealing quick punches to upper and lower body until he begged to stop. Then we went back to drinking and chatting, I asked him to join me again, and he scoffed again. So I knocked him out with a sucker punch.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:14:42 pm by Uzu Bash »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9918 on: December 28, 2015, 05:14:15 pm »

so uhh the whole night troll bit was a side track from finding the army that's invading the place and stopping them.
sadly I didn't do either recruiting a night troll or find the army.
so now to take over a kobold bandit camp by paving it over for a dwarf tavern.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9919 on: December 28, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »

She caught wind of me before I was ready. She saw me sneaking on the rooftop from ~12 tiles away, under a tree, so that's possible. No way I could outsprint her, though if I had the running distance to jump to the next building that should've slowed her down enough. I landed in someone's garden in this cull-de-sac and bolted down this narrow alley to the backs of the buildings and started building campfires around a pile of claystone pebbles. I tried to make it too wide, and when she came into view before I was done, I "didn't feel safe enough to build a campfire."

I had a decent iron spear and a tower-cap shield. I just kept giving her quick chest jabs and dodging until I got an opening on her foot, stabbed that through, and her head became the easiest target the next round. I give it a full on wild attack, and she was struck down. My first kill of this adventure, the Night Horror spouse Ola Playhelms.

EDIT: Oh, and I was bequeathed a last name after that. I'm now Daz Plungefondles.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 05:44:29 pm by Uzu Bash »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9920 on: December 28, 2015, 07:27:07 pm »

I like the concept of bogeymen, but the execution is too annoying. They should have a % chance of spawning each night when you're alone, rather than immediately.

That's how it is though... You can get lucky and have them not spawn, and they never spawn right away. Shit, back before I could fight them easily I had them spawn close enough to morning that I could just sprint or run away from them until the sun came up.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9921 on: December 28, 2015, 08:14:52 pm »

so uhh so far using fort mode as a tavern simulator, hopefully building one just right so that I can visit it in adventure mode.
so the tavern I built over where my elephant lady punched all those kobolds is called the butter of vision.
loads of puking folks and none of them happy.
wonder if I can set up trade with the fort by sticking a broker at the trade depot then retiring?
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9922 on: December 28, 2015, 09:28:20 pm »

This is a huge contrast from previous worlds I've genned. When my adventures began, this city had a population of 2678, largest in this little nation. And as usual there was the explosion of visitors on day 1, which brought in dwarves, including bards. Aside from the night horror, the only deaths have been one drowning and 5 serpent people encased in ice. The only wandering dots I've found were all immigrants, mostly scouts and mercenaries. I don't see why, there's not much fighting in this place. The nearest lairs are inhabited by peasants, a little further out are sasquatches and a giant grizzly. If I don't get some practice I won't be ready for the 23rd, which is the only excitement I foresee around here.

I tried picking a bar fight with a fisherman, and only after failed wrestling moves I noticed "She is incredibly muscular." I mostly danced around her, honing my observation enough to predict her attacks, but she still managed to get me on the dodge often enough to leave me a mortal lung tap. Had to yield on that. My armor and shield use are still only dabbling. If a fisherman can kick my ass, I'm going to have serious trouble come full moon.

SlothPajamas

• Bay Watcher
  • Hear eloquence : Strong Need
    • View Profile
« Reply #9923 on: December 28, 2015, 10:26:05 pm »

How long does it take to get to the center of a rhino man? Apparently it takes about nine minutes of being chewed on by five night trolls.
Of course over this fine meal they all casually exchange friendly banter between each other. A family that murders together, sticks together.
Lurking since 2013, i think.
Likes axolotls for their resemblance to a shining sun.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9924 on: December 28, 2015, 10:34:57 pm »

kinda wonder if starting a bar fight to train shield and blocking would be better suited than say training "oh wait I have death punches and no way to lightly tap someone."
"body swapping and YOU!"

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9925 on: December 28, 2015, 11:10:26 pm »

How long does it take to get to the center of a rhino man? Apparently it takes about nine minutes of being chewed on by five night trolls.
Of course over this fine meal they all casually exchange friendly banter between each other. A family that murders together, sticks together.
Perhaps it's not quite as funny, but this happened to me:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9926 on: December 28, 2015, 11:37:07 pm »

kinda wonder if starting a bar fight to train shield and blocking would be better suited than say training "oh wait I have death punches and no way to lightly tap someone."
They're not going to keep punching if you yield and it hasn't escalated, so you can rest and recover. You don't get that option with beasts. A mortal wounding isn't as deadly as it sounds.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9927 on: December 29, 2015, 04:54:25 am »

They're not going to keep punching if you yield and it hasn't escalated, so you can rest and recover. You don't get that option with beasts. A mortal wounding isn't as deadly as it sounds.
oh I don't mind them punching they know when to stop or murder someone, it's more the adventurers might being so strong you almost end up being superman if you start your games with maxed out super strength.
there were reports in this thread of people accidentally killing a dwarf and in a mad panic try to cover up their murder... which doesn't work out for them as the hivemind still exist just more subtle.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9928 on: December 29, 2015, 09:26:09 am »

There's a 5x7 rectangular shaft smack in the middle of the road in the outskirts of this city. I assumed it went down to a cave fish tribe lair, but after dropping down it got, "You have discovered an expansive cavern deep underground". It opened up to the first floor, but went further down to another. I kept dropping until "You have discovered a great magma sea". And kept going.

An underground river dumped down one side of the shaft, so I got to look at the magma sea just as an obsidian floor was sealing the bottom of the shaft. This world seed had generated a direct hole to hell before so I had hoped to see one here, of all unlikely places, in the city I started in.

EDIT: And I can fast-travel out of it! This is the perfect place to practice climbing!

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9929 on: December 29, 2015, 11:11:19 am »

I'm gonna do it. It's not gonna last long, but I'll try having some fun.
I could also play a Gorlak, surprisingly.

Well, that's the most detailed description of an Adventurere I've heard  in a while.

Well, here come the boogeymen.
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.
Pages: 1 ... 660 661 [662] 663 664 ... 1104