Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022445 times)

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9945 on: December 29, 2015, 05:33:35 pm »

This is hilarious.
If you make someone drink a historical person/animal, what will the cause of death be shown as in legends mode?
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9946 on: December 29, 2015, 05:35:20 pm »

This is hilarious.
If you make someone drink a historical person/animal, what will the cause of death be shown as in legends mode?

Terminal deliciousness?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9947 on: December 29, 2015, 05:52:06 pm »

Science must be done.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9948 on: December 29, 2015, 06:01:19 pm »

do note I was playing an elephant woman. so it's basically dwarf fortress summed up.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9949 on: December 29, 2015, 08:11:42 pm »

Full Moon came 3 days later than I expected. I was just about to sleep in a peasant's lair and thought I'd better rise with the sun, and found semi-shelter to sleep. At midnight, the dots crawled. In this world, the lairs are spread out around the hamlets instead of chained and clustered in the city region, where they can all congregate for a bloodbath. If they were going to have a battle royale, wouldn't they already have done that in any of the years of moons up to that point? My companion got bit without losing a limb, and the next Were we stopped at, I got to watch her metamorph into a WereChincilla, shedding her clothes. Mostly it was Werellamas and Weresheep. I finally got strong enough to wear full iron, but didn't slow down to do that, and in fact forgot to recover the armor they tore off of me. All I had was leather shirt and leggings and I came out without a scar. One of them had plenty of opportunity to tear my teeth out, but didn't, so I even got away with all of those.

These lairs were spread across a 4x6 area of region tiles. On the last night when I finally got around to the far corner, I noticed the last one was actually a shrine, right there sharing a region tile with a hamlet. A giant feathered raccoon with two tails, beware it's fire! There was a pool nearby, so I thought I would risk it. It turned out to be firebreath rather than fireball, and Proficient Shield was enough to block it. First mega meat! But no cooking skills.

Comito

• Bay Watcher
  • Barrens chat scribe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9950 on: December 29, 2015, 10:11:11 pm »

This was in a random tavern I visited. Where did they get that silk from?

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9951 on: December 29, 2015, 10:26:33 pm »

IIRC, civ/site resources don't account for quantity, just if they exist. So basically, somebody, somewhere in the history of the civ, harvested and stored a good supply of silk from an FB.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9952 on: December 30, 2015, 02:15:36 am »

New version, new world, same metal-boned superdwarf I've rampaged across space and time with for three years running, with the addition of civilized mosquito men and many, many more. Free alcohol is a thing now, there was much rejoicing, and I'm grateful the inorganic substitute(gasoline) I've been using is no longer essential.

A preliminary flip through legends reveals there is a human civilization named The Nations of Beer.

My objective is obvious.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9953 on: December 30, 2015, 04:36:15 am »

so did a double check and spider people don't need sleep.
so that one spider person getting murdered by bogeyman because they wanted a nap got alot funnier.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9954 on: December 30, 2015, 08:50:42 am »

Trying to get poetic form out of these damn kids in the keep. I've gotten two, but I keep hearing others in there comment on the delightful poem they heard from one of them. So I'm spamming stories until one comes out of playing make-believe to deliver one. What's worse is that saving in the keep will always crash me, so I have picked up some of these poems and lost them by trying to save immediately.

I want to get these forms before leaving town, even though I intend to come back this way. To the south is a lot of fun stuff, more cities and megabeasts of all kinds. To the north is lots of boring savagery, but the nearest vault is that direction.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9955 on: December 30, 2015, 08:55:57 am »

so uhh remember that cat stunt I did a few hours ago I jump into fort mode to check on the legendary woodcraftdwarf who drank the cats relationship and found this.

yup I love this game.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9956 on: December 30, 2015, 09:23:31 am »

I was goofing around near a deep ravine, trying to jump/crash into an Emu so it would fall down it. I failed to notice one instant where one of my companions was in my flight path, and the Emu dodged, leading to me knocking him off instead. I looked down all the z-levels, and could only find a spattering of his blood, so I assumed he must have died and the river below carried him away.

I assumed that since my followers refuse to follow me over shallow rivers, they would likewise avoid following a jump over the ravine, so I traveled around until the ground leveled out and the river was shallow enough to cross safely. And lo-and-behold, my companion is waiting for me at the mouth of the ravine, and jumps back in formation like nothing happened. I'm unsure if he suffered any grievous injuries and had healed by that point or not, considering he was down there for a couple hours, but he came up to us with not but a couple mangled toes.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9957 on: December 30, 2015, 09:38:56 am »

Great thing about mastering crutch walking is that you can take it out any time and gain Agility, Endurance, Spatial and Kinesthetic Sense while walking around a normal pace.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9958 on: December 30, 2015, 11:29:46 am »

I managed to make it a good way though the vault with no functioning limbs. I was a vampire, so the pain didn't bother me. I killed the vault creatures by ripping their heads off with my teeth. Then I got a sword through the brain. Oh well.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9959 on: December 30, 2015, 11:32:15 am »

I managed to make it a good way though the vault with no functioning limbs. I was a vampire, so the pain didn't bother me. I killed the vault creatures by ripping their heads off with my teeth. Then I got a sword through the brain. Oh well.

Would've been more amusing if it'd been a whip hat got it in the end, as a vampire.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 662 663 [664] 665 666 ... 1104