Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2022572 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #9960 on: December 30, 2015, 11:40:09 am »

It was a whip that got rid of my last leg, if it bakes you feel any better. Also, there were two swords and a spear in me at the time.

I can just imagine this broken, bleeding near-corpse flopping along, lunging at coral humanoids and ripping their heads off with its teeth.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: December 30, 2015, 12:36:28 pm »

if you were a necromancer you could have reanimated any of those dead angels.
that said OH GOD my spearhuman lady has a Blood Alcohol Level of 5 is there any way to save her?

edit:  also I wonder if you start at a player fort then retire does the game allow that character to be playable in fort mode?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 01:33:49 pm by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: December 30, 2015, 01:01:07 pm »

So I started a very small world, I made the history generation stop at year 5 so I could shape the world into my own image.

It is year 12 and one human civilization is struggling with a lot of insurrections after my adventurer has taken the throne on their main city.
So I start another adventurer to see if it is truth that NPCs do not really react to player actions.

I arrive to see my retired adventurer and he is immediately defending himself against two man sized insurrection, at the end of the day he comes out victorious.
I travel trough the streets of this small city and occasionally read about it on Legends Viewers, whole city is just mess of few soldiers standing in empty houses long abandoned from any civilians. The reason for civilians leaving was that this city is constantly under attack by goblins, but humans always manage to slaughter the invaders.   

Now I notice that I cannot start another adventurer in the city my own adventurer has "captured". So I imagine that he is rebelling against the whole civ, causing the game to recognize it as foreign, non-part of the civ.

I decide to repair the damage I have done.
I search trough the city and find a human who is named Lord but is not sitting in the mead hall, he must be former leader of this town.
I talk with him for a while and I figure out he has strong interest in joining an insurrection, because I give him info that I have killed a random goblin that has stumbled upon me (a lot of goblins like to walk on the outskirts), he allows me to become his hearth-person.

I kill the current rebel lord, I retire and un-retire.
The game now allows me to spawn an new adventurer in that town again.
The "Noble Council" group, formerly dominant in the city, is now again ruling the "The Unbridled Kingdoms"

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: December 30, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »

if you were a necromancer you could have reanimated any of those dead angels.
that said OH GOD my spearhuman lady has a Blood Alcohol Level of 5 is there any way to save her?

Nope. Submit to The Drinkening.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: December 30, 2015, 01:49:23 pm »

looks like you can play as mountain Goatmen,
also it does look like if you have an adventurer who can start at the fort like say an rattlesnake woman you can retire then gain access to playing that adventure in fort mode.

so uhh looks like I'm going to fill those be with friends needs after all.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: December 30, 2015, 01:58:30 pm »

so uhh looks like I'm going to fill those be with friends needs after all.

D'aaaw. o3o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: December 30, 2015, 02:09:41 pm »

As a peasant I defeated the giant alligator Nightedhaze the Tornado of Bells. The trick was to grab a travelling carpenter by the arm, throw him to the ground, and while the alligator was busy eating him I ran around behind it and stabbed it in the head. Obviously the version I circulate in taverns will be slightly different.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: December 30, 2015, 02:12:01 pm »

"I don't have to be deadlier than the alligator. I just have to be deadlier than the bait."
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9968 on: December 30, 2015, 02:47:17 pm »

Followed the kids home around early evening (yeah, creepy) to hear some more out of them. They seem to use any lyric and singing form of their civilization, but haven't seen dancing yet. You can do a little over 4 story-length performances in the time it takes them to play make-believe, and then they may perform something. There were four of them, so the chances were pretty good. I don't think they repeated any of my stuff, but it could be because they have such huge repertoire. I got two more poetry forms and a song before heading to the next town.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: December 30, 2015, 03:37:19 pm »

As a peasant I defeated the giant alligator Nightedhaze the Tornado of Bells. The trick was to grab a travelling carpenter by the arm, throw him to the ground, and while the alligator was busy eating him I ran around behind it and stabbed it in the head. Obviously the version I circulate in taverns will be slightly different.

This crazed carpenter was stealing candy from a paraplegic old woman with his shady giant alligator sidekick. The alligator attacked me unprovoked, and I nimbly parried him with his carpenter partner. I then dispatched the alligator and cured the old woman's ailment, whereupon she ran away through the posies.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9970 on: December 30, 2015, 04:51:40 pm »

Long post incoming.
I've explored my destroyed fort of Boltthrone (original post here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15096.msg6701359#msg6701359) with the goal of recovering the two artifacts that were made before the zombies came and ruined the place.

It was...surprisingly suspenseful. The aboveground area was completely charred and littered with skeletons and random articles of clothing. For whatever reason there were some people still left loitering around the area. People as in non-zombies. A vrykul poet bolted the moment he saw me and my crew. No idea where they went, decided not to stick around to find out.

Also for some reason my adventurer became a chief doctor out of the blue...

The underground area... due to being a human with non-perfect lowlight vision it was a lot more eerie than if I had been a dwarf. The old stockpile still had most of the old items left lying around, along with random corpse bits. A dwarf merchant was still hanging around there, Armok knows why. I found a tame crow and a tame chipmunk in two of the cages. A wagon was also stationed there, no idea how it got there.

Squatters seemed to have taken over the living quarters - dwarves, nagas, orcs, etc. Literal hobos - merchants, gem setters, poets, etc. all just hanging around in a total mess. The tavern was still intact, it seemed. A corpse was sitting on a chair in front of a table. Also 2 wagons for some reason were in the tavern...again, no idea why; one was even stuck in a wall. Random elf poet running around too.

This is the first artifact I found - it was in the inn area amidst corpse bits, including a severed dog head, some schist mugs and a few books. A corpse was also in one of the beds, so that's nice.

The temple I had made before was for the god of friendship, if I recall correctly. Funny thing is, only now did I bother to check out the statues that I planted inside - they all show violent acts, like a human tearing out an elf's cheek, a dwarf surrounded by fire snakes, or a naga being shot to death by an elf. Also a toad statue for some reason.

The sheriff's office was a mess - fitting considering it had been taken over by a plump helmet man. Nothing really substantial besides a statue of a human being killed by a puffalord and this simple but inspiring statue of dwarfkind:

The corridor towards the dormitories had another wagon stuck in a wall.
The dormitories themselves had more plump helmet man squatters. Also a troglodyte squatter who wasn't hostile in any way so I left her alone. Plenty of crazy orc hobos talking to wagons as well about how in a time before time somebody attacked somebody. Who would have thought living in a dark cavern snorting rotten corpse gas made you lose your sanity?

On one of the beds I found the other artifact amidst some books and non-assorted clutter.

Not really spectacular in any way but an artifact's an artifact, so I can't complain.

Lastly I checked the barracks where the survivors of the zombie invasion made their last stand. Aside from yet more clutter, there were only a dwarf swordsdwarf, a dwarf merchant, a horse and a mule remaining there. I decided to take the swordsdwarf along with myself, felt like she didn't deserve to remain in that decaying hole in the ground.

I returned to my hometown of Toothstrong, sold some of the books and a masterwork mitten I found in return for some practical clothing. Then I headed south to my civilizations capital, Confineequaled, and sold off the artifacts and remaining books along with some other baubles I took while in Boltthrone.

Lastly I went off to some ruined village and did what I was always supposed to do.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: December 30, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »

"So then this kid, this damn cripple kid comes at me with her pet alligator and crutch and starts swinging at me, so I kicked the crutch out from underneath her, shoved her into the jaws of her pet, and stabbed it in the head, wot wot!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: December 30, 2015, 06:47:02 pm »

Long post incoming.
I've explored my destroyed fort of Boltthrone (original post here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15096.msg6701359#msg6701359) with the goal of recovering the two artifacts that were made before the zombies came and ruined the place.

It was...surprisingly suspenseful.
There's no post-mortem like visiting the remnants of your own fortress. What makes it so haunting is that it was all so familiar when you were building and managing it, but afterward it becomes the most mysterious place your adventurer could explore.

EDIT: On an unrelated note, I wish I could get my Intimidation skill up. It would save so many lives.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:50:08 pm by Uzu Bash »

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: December 30, 2015, 07:09:58 pm »

Ah, I still remember the days when I went and explored one of my first forts. Too bad bad fort design and a rampaging demon led to the Fun half being flooded beyond use.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #9974 on: December 30, 2015, 07:18:51 pm »

I'm actually wondering if there should be a separate thread for dead fort-exploring experiences.

This one was...absolutely surreal. From the wagons in walls (mind you, there was no way they could have gotten in - the only fort entrance I had was a down stairwell) to the various crazies inhabiting it, it was genuinely creepy.

I probably hyped myself up too much (I thought the zombies would still be around and that I'd have to get ready for a bunch of tough fights - I was ready to flip out when I saw exclamation marks indicating sound in unexplored areas of the fort) and listening to Naxxramas and Cursed Land music from WoW didn't help. Still it was really fun. One of the few adventurers I retired who wasn't either a genocidal maniac (save for the end where I bashed people with tiny animals) or a crazy bard/poet.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1104