Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994836 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
What's going on in your adventure?
« on: March 18, 2010, 12:39:29 pm »

What title says: what's happening with your adventurer, besides mass-killing the wolves?

In my modded game, pretty much everyone fights with everyone, except one small island with an elven forest retreat there.

They have that bad luck that my adventurer knows to swim and seems to be heading toward their island. I hope so, as you can't 'T'ravel while swimming, so I don't have a friggin idea where am I know. And I'm swimming for an hour already.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 04:58:30 pm »

Well, my adventurer goblin just raided a human village successfully. Murdered them all in their sleep.

He was granted the title of the Strategic side. So, now I'm training him up for the attack on the next village down the road. Got him some allies this time too, so it's sure to be fun.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 11:07:45 pm »

My hammer woman has just finished destroying a good 95% of the entire world's sentient life. I can't track down a few dwarves, but I've certainly made the elf, human and goblin extinct.

She's a legendary thrower with Great in Swimming and Sneaking. So I usually duck into a pool, start sneaking and then run out again. I'm practically invisible. Oh, and I discovered you can throw things at people while still sneaking. I stood next to a human and pelted him with rocks as he just stood there and took it.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 11:16:14 pm »

My human swordsman/archer is visiting the Tomb of Dwarves, a huge mountain fortress filled to the brim with HFS, goblins and !!treasure!!
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Untouchable

• Bay Watcher
  • Gary Busey Smile Time Variety Hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:31:07 am »

Decided to go exploring a Dwarven fort and when I arrive, I get presented with a message that a Dwarf has burned to death in magma. So naturally I'm curious and look around for the cause. It wasn't on the outside so I go to the very base of the fort and find a small passageway that goes further down. It leads to a stairway so I go down there when I find the bottom floor is flooded with magma. I'm tempted to go back as a magma immune critter so that I can snoop around some more.

I guess these dwarves are dwarvier than normal.

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 12:34:34 am »

Decided to go exploring a Dwarven fort and when I arrive, I get presented with a message that a Dwarf has burned to death in magma. So naturally I'm curious and look around for the cause. It wasn't on the outside so I go to the very base of the fort and find a small passageway that goes further down. It leads to a stairway so I go down there when I find the bottom floor is flooded with magma. I'm tempted to go back as a magma immune critter so that I can snoop around some more.

I guess these dwarves are dwarvier than normal.

How very... interesting!

Either there was a magma pipe intersecting the fortress or your save has gained sentience and decided to end it all.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 08:25:06 pm »

I tested out my new Scythe modded weapon. And I must say, it performed exceptionally well. >_>

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The weapon got stuck in the Guards head, who then promptly died a few moments later.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

DarkerDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2010, 07:04:27 am »

My adventurer was marauding around in a human town, fighting his way towards the mead hall in the center of the settlement when a guard lopped his leg off with an axe. I was disheartened, as I thought it would be the end of his killing spree. But instead of giving into the pain and passing out, he proceeded to cling to consciousness and continue to fight back against the hordes of villagers wailing on my armored hide! One by one he ran them through with his superior steel spear, skewering half a dozen hapless humans before becoming faint! The humans thought they had me on the ropes, they thought they'd get me while I was down! HELL NO! I even dragged myself over to two crossbowmen who were in the process of turning me into a pincusion and proceeded to spear through their heads. As long as I was still armed, I was deadly!

"Yeah!" I thought, "This is f-ing awesome! Nothing's going to bring me down! If I make it out of town, I can stop this bleeding, and survive to retire this guy!" At that moment, my spear became imbedded in a hapless Human Farmer who proceeded to then flee... WITH MY SPEAR STILL STUCK IN HIS GUT! A Hammerman advances, and I could almost see the wicked smile spread across his face as he loomed over my unarmed, legless adventurer. Two rounds later, and my head had been turned into an unrecognizable mess.

ungulateman

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: haunting moos]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2010, 07:49:30 am »

What title says: what's happening with your adventurer, besides mass-killing the wolves?

In my modded game, pretty much everyone fights with everyone, except one small island with an elven forest retreat there.

They have that bad luck that my adventurer knows to swim and seems to be heading toward their island. I hope so, as you can't 'T'ravel while swimming, so I don't have a friggin idea where am I know. And I'm swimming for an hour already.

'Q' to see your quests. That shows your location.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.
It's not an embark so much as seven dwarves having a simultaneous strange mood and going off to build an artifact fortress that menaces with spikes of awesome and hanging rings of death.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 08:01:00 am »

'Q' to see your quests. That shows your location.

*facepalms*

Ah yes, the quest stuff thingy. Forgot about that completely. Thanks!
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

mass wolf burning.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Legendary_Catsmith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 05:11:36 pm »

I can't get any beginner quests that don't involve "go kill a giant."
I'm a noob and can't kill a giant as a beginner.
This is problematic because I am an adventure mode noob and am not quite sure how to level up my skills/stats.

[edit] Just killed one, although he almost took my leg off in the process...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 05:47:18 pm by Legendary_Catsmith »

Virtual Russian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 05:55:24 pm »

I am currently leading a Children's Crusade against cave-dwellers.  I am an armoured Spearelf that travels to Goblin Towers to free the children.  Then once I have a ton of children in my party I take quests to fight semi-megabeasts.  The results are always amusing.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 07:56:41 pm »

I gave up on trying to find the Mayor or King in the mountainhome.  I guess I'll never get any praise for that Titan I killed... oh well.  I've gone melancholy, too.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

kelderan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 10:32:39 pm »

Well, just had one my my companions die to an Alligator. He got the classic throat torn out treatment. Now I have to decide what to do to his body. Other then that, I'm draining a capitol of it's quests to see if there is a titan or dragon in there somewhere. Eyeless lashers and elven swordsman are keeping things fresh.

Also, you can watch more here... http://www.youtube.com/user/kelderan13

Selfless plug? I think so!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 1103