Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994761 times)

Kaelem Gaen

• Bay Watcher
  • And then it appeared the most terrifying creature
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2010, 04:51:14 pm »

my DF .31  Adventure just melted while I was heading towards a brook right outside a town (he's a human btw). 
seriously the announcement said "YOU ARE MELTING!" and then I bled to death, sucks too cause I had killed a mino on this guy.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2010, 06:58:00 pm »

"The spinning Nako Xuspgasosmsman's corpse strikes The Dwarf Fish Dissector in the left upper arm, jamming the bone through the left shoulder's muscle and shattering the left shoulder's bone!
     An artery in the left shoulder has been opened by the strike!
    The Nako Xuspgasosmsman's corpse has lodged firmly in the wound!"

That's right, throwing corpses is so awesome, you can get them lodged into people.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Someguyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2010, 08:18:08 pm »

I'm exploring a huge cavern after killing a dragon for a quest, I kept going down and eventually found myself entering a martial trance, I kept walking a bit and was ambushed by 10 or so troglodytes. I killed them all, and the last one, I threw my axe at. I took a screenshot, then editted in the previous announcements
Warning, very large picture.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I imagine it to be like I threw it at him, hit his leg, made him flip over and fall, then walked up to him and cut him in half. Every one of those t's has 3 or so trogs on it.

West

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2010, 09:41:17 pm »

Well, my adventurer goblin just raided a human village successfully. Murdered them all in their sleep.

He was granted the title of the Strategic side. So, now I'm training him up for the attack on the next village down the road. Got him some allies this time too, so it's sure to be fun.

How do you play as a Goblin?  When I start up adventure mode I can only choose from the 3 races.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2010, 09:56:10 pm »

"The spinning Nako Xuspgasosmsman's corpse strikes The Dwarf Fish Dissector in the left upper arm, jamming the bone through the left shoulder's muscle and shattering the left shoulder's bone!
     An artery in the left shoulder has been opened by the strike!
    The Nako Xuspgasosmsman's corpse has lodged firmly in the wound!"

That's right, throwing corpses is so awesome, you can get them lodged into people.

:o :D
I look forward to reading stories about adventurers lodging little elf children in their parents.

Edit:  Also, I look forward to seeing lower bodies lodged in lower bodies.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2010, 10:35:04 pm »

I'm currently in a cavern, but I forgot the way out, cause I did a bit of cliff diving, and so I'm now wandering around, hoping to explore as much as I can before I die.

Though, I've come to a river, and I keep trying to find other ways around it. Cause, my adventurer can't swim.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2010, 01:41:10 am »

My adventurer, Zan Netsteels, has been fairly successful so far.  For the most part, the biggest challenge has been getting town Leaders to stand still long enough to get a quest from them.  However, now I have a new problem:  One of my followers keeps stealing my kills!  >:(  I've made several attempts to kill a dragon, and this speardwarf always gets the kill.  What's worse, it seems that every time I savescum, she kills it even faster!
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2010, 01:44:02 am »

My adventurer was asked to kill a dragon, and somehow, I killed it by biting it's throat (broken arms).... He died later of rot and shit.
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

Silene

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2010, 02:19:10 am »

Killed all the ettins but in the process got lost in infinitely deep caverns. I really wish there weren't fungi blocking my way in all the 1-square passages. It's fun to explore, but dead ends after covering massive amounts of ground make you feel trapped. Then it's a bitch to find one's way back... cuuurse youuu, overgrown mushrooms!

West

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2010, 02:53:33 am »

I just finished playing my first adventure on DF today.  It was rather short, but nonetheless fun.
The Warlord had no available quests for me, so I decided to sleep.  I wake up, it's night time, and I leave the mead hall.  I proceed attacking human citizens in their sleep.  3 males, 1 female, and 2 children (I didn't know 3 people can sleep on one bed?).  The seventh person, for some reason, woke up after I threw little Timmy's head at him, and he killed me with a hammer.

I started up a new adventure, and the warlord wants me to slay a dragon.  I'm not exactly sure how I'm supposed to do that  ???
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:56:02 am by West »

Batta

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Wyvern
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2010, 07:07:29 am »

I took my adventurer to a failed fortress of mine (triggered an irritating zone bug), and traveled into the caverns below to recruit some cave swallow folk. I've got one girl with me, and one guy who has, quite frankly, seen much better days.

Neither of them have names, unfortunately. I tried to see if getting them to start killing people would help, but so far they're ignoring the humans in the towns I've attacked.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2010, 01:35:03 pm »

I just found the underworld and started killing trogs and got a false mortal wound. I walked away with just "trouble breathing"

Vampire Penguin

• Bay Watcher
  • Forced on the bandwagon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 02:23:57 pm »

I had an adventurer who killed almost 4 big baddies before dying. First was a titan, then minutaur, than a cyclopes. The titan was the best, since it had be crushed under its hand by my foot and leg, but I managed to cut hits leg muscle and knock him down, then finish him off. But that wasn't the best part. I had to get out of the cave, but I was pale and in extreme pain. I passed out every 3 squares, leading to a clumsy fall down into a cave into a cave swallowman. He attacked me, giving me badass scars on my eyelids and throat, and I killed it, managing to escape. I also took blood from each beast I killed and drank it. Fun.

The last thing that killed me was an Ettin. First shot I got a head off. Then it smashed me, with my axe still in its body. I need to do some payback.

For now, I am trying to go down the stairs to hell in my old fort alive with at least one guy. BUT THEY KEEP KILLING ME before I can get down. Darn.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2010, 02:49:09 pm »

The Hungry Head drops the Worker Ant Woman Spearman head.

I have absolutely no idea what just happened.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

I'm currently on a quest to make the world in the Age of Legends.

... 1 of 150 down, 149 to go.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 1103