Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994779 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2010, 05:28:31 pm »

I'm currently trying to get to the bottom-most reaches of the underground. I've teamed up with some snake people now. I've had dark, mysterious music playing while doing all of this. Really sets the mood. I've also got over 150 kills so far. =3

I do feel pretty badass now, considering I can cut off 4 legs from a Giant cave spider in one swing, whereas before, they would own me in one hit. >.>;
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

BodyGripper

• Bay Watcher
  • The dog is screaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2010, 08:50:32 pm »

My everything is rotten.  This includes my eyes.  I must have caught some sort of "syndrome", though I don't know which one.
I guess I'll keep fighting until I have no parts left.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry... It's okay to sell quivers..."
I just ripped open a lions throat by biting it. Who's the lion now, bitch!

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:40 pm »

I've found a goblin citadel, populated by a mix of goblins and humans, none of which are slaves. The strange part? The temple there is lead by Nuglusu Poisondepressed the Twilight Glee... with the title "Exalted Hug", and the temple is called "The Sanctum of Bunnies". Uh, yeah... aren't goblins supposed to be about torture and rape and that kind of stuff? If this adventurer survives, I swear he will retire here... then again, my master plan is to dive deep into the underworld and die in glorious battle against demonic hordes, so that's unlikely, but still.

EDIT: Oh, and in a bit of delightful irony, while the goblins are praising bunnies, half the human towns are telling me to praise misery or torture.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 10:35:37 pm by Mythos »
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2010, 10:40:07 pm »

If your adventurers are dying from Rotting flesh, it may be the result of Gangrene.

Or, it could be caused by airborne, or waterborne bacteria. Or flesh eating diseases.
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2010, 10:58:01 pm »

I went to a human town to get a quest.  The local Warlord had one for me.  Travel to Brimferry, which is exactly where we're standing, and kill Ayanu the demon.  A few steps later, I found Ayanu, towering feathered lizard with poisonous croaks and stings, as it was walking out of its hovel.  Also known as Ayanu the Law Giver.  It's wearing a full ropereed suit and whale leather dress.

This should be interesting.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2010, 10:59:00 pm »

I went to a human town to get a quest.  The local Warlord had one for me.  Travel to Brimferry, which is exactly where we're standing, and kill Ayanu the demon.  A few steps later, I found Ayanu, towering feathered lizard with poisonous croaks and stings, as it was walking out of its hovel.  Also known as Ayanu the Law Giver.  It's wearing a full ropereed suit and whale leather dress.

This should be interesting.

It's a trap! Don't do it! The whole town (including the treacherous bastard who gave you the quest) will attack you.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2010, 11:00:45 pm »

I'm honestly more curious how he got to be the local sheriff.  I guess no one wanted to try talking him out of it.

On a lark, I started chatting up ol' Sheriff Ayanu.  He gave me a quest to go to some cave and kill Lelgo Silverydiamond the Golden Jade Pearl of Treasures, a Dragon.  I smell lewt.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2010, 11:04:30 pm »

I'm honestly more curious how he got to be the local sheriff.  I guess no one wanted to try talking him out of it.

On a lark, I started chatting up ol' Sheriff Ayanu.  He gave me a quest to go to some cave and kill Lelgo Silverydiamond the Golden Jade Pearl of Treasures, a Dragon.  I smell lewt.

Wow, that has got to be the single most lewt-ridden name I have ever seen. A similar thing happened to me, but my target offered me a quest for a bronze colossus. I proceeded to tell him to go fuck himself, and then killed him. No way I'm going after one of them...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:05 pm »

Found Lelgo Lewtylewt the Lewt Lewt Lewt of Lewts.  I masterfully dodged his firebreath with cunning use of some natural pillars, hacked off his foot, then proceeded to sever about a dozen nerves and arteries before he finally bled to death.  Awesome.

Then I got lost for an hour exploring the underground.  All I found was some trinkets and a really snazzy earring.  But I killed some giant olms and crocodiles, so it all worked out fine.

yaklin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2010, 03:35:53 am »

i'm killing all the mega- and semi mega-beasts, going pretty well so far on this dwarf i killed a dragon and 6 ettins
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:12:58 pm by yaklin »

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2010, 07:38:56 am »

My human Shem is going from town to town begging for quests. So far he's only gotten one: kill a dragon. It was surprisingly easy, though, and he's at his third town now.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RPharazon

• Bay Watcher
  • [SEVERONBREAKS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2010, 01:56:25 pm »

I made a mediocre wrestler who was good at throwing, kicking, punching, biting, armor using, wrestling, and I believe spear using so I could get a free spear.

I was ambushed by wolves, but I threw my spear at one. It missed and hit a pond. So I started pinching and gouging its face. I ended up throwing its nose at it, and left it lying in a pool of blood whilst I started a few fires.

The other wolf attacked me, so I again grabbed it by the face, and gouged out its eyes for a while. I ended up strangling it whilst being over-exerted. I grabbed the corpse and went on my way.

Then I went to the human capital, populated by all of twenty humans. I killed 19 of them using the corpse as a weapon. It was suprisingly effective, and particularly hilarious when the corpse got firmly stuck in wounds, then twisted around. I also molested then beat up two heathen human children (I have their loincloths in my backpack), threw the weapon shopkeeper's weapons at him, and left the last dude to run away. I encountered him later on, and stabbed him repeatedly with a spear I picked up. Literally everything but his individual toes and fingers ended up broken, including his organs, yet he wouldn't die.

So I kept stabbing and stabbing his kidneys out, then retired in a mountainhome (which are now pits for some reason).

All in all, a good, disturbing, thoroughly dorfy adventure.
<Zaratustra> DF -is- a complex version of the sims
<Zaratustra> except instead of purchasing new sofas
<Zaratustra> you die

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2010, 01:58:59 pm »

The new wrestling has some terrifying capacity for sadistic torture... attacking a small child, gouging out their eyes and lips, tearing off their nose, ears, and all their teeth, and tearing off their hands and feet and leaving them to die in a pool of their own blood.

PencilinHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:24 pm »

My dwarf hammerer has been stuck in the underground and searching for a way up for over a week now.  Living on the blood and vomit of my victims....

NinjaE8825

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2010, 04:37:58 am »

The new wrestling has some terrifying capacity for sadistic torture... attacking a small child, gouging out their eyes and lips, tearing off their nose, ears, and all their teeth, and tearing off their hands and feet and leaving them to die in a pool of their own blood.
Wait, you can tear stuff off, now? How?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 1103