Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2011933 times)

Mythos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2010, 10:07:24 am »

The new wrestling has some terrifying capacity for sadistic torture... attacking a small child, gouging out their eyes and lips, tearing off their nose, ears, and all their teeth, and tearing off their hands and feet and leaving them to die in a pool of their own blood.
Wait, you can tear stuff off, now? How?

Pinching certain parts tears them off, but it only works when they're sufficiently screwed up, and only on certain things. For example, you can't immediately pinch someone's head off, but you can after tearing everything else off of them. I'm not entirely sure what triggers it being possible.
So, I tediously awaited the arrival of the dwarven caravan (I'm set up on a island, see)... And, they came. My fingers tingled, my nose twitched and my toes tickled... they came around the corner, over my bridge... Into my courtyard... Onto my trade depot...

Then everything near it exploded in a cloud of blood.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2010, 10:24:40 am »

My adventurer just got stuck in a two Z-level deep hole with no way to get out.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

sckye

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2010, 06:27:54 pm »

Did you try traveling ?

As for me, I spawned as a human on a small island, accepted a quest from the local Warlord to kill the peach demon master of that same town... and got destroyed, as every human turned hostile when I tried to attack him. Even the guy who hired me ::).
Is that supposed to happen?

Humaan

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, I know Human is spelled with 1 "a"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2010, 06:54:28 pm »

Did you try traveling ?

As for me, I spawned as a human on a small island, accepted a quest from the local Warlord to kill the peach demon master of that same town... and got destroyed, as every human turned hostile when I tried to attack him. Even the guy who hired me ::).
Is that supposed to happen?

Yes. Its a bug.
Quote from: SolarShado
Hell yes! Who need a space elevator when you've got a space escalator!?!?
Quote from: Cthulhu
Watch out bots, Sherlock Humaan is on the case.

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2010, 06:55:40 pm »

I made a small world, and went around slaughtering weaker stuff before taking on a bunch of giants for a quest. The one I was sent to kill actually got slaughtered by some pink demon, which I managed to bash to death with a mace, and went back to town and claimed credit for the giant. :D I tried the other town, and they sent me to kill a dragon. I'm doubting my ability to complete this quest but I go anyway, and run into Mr. Scaly halfway down and manage to kill him too. I didn't find any treasure around his cave, I think he may have been a wussie dragon. :)

Playing a new, larger world now, since I cleaned out the last one pretty well.
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2010, 11:25:56 pm »

This crazy stuff happend

It has a few spoilers though so watch out.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2010, 11:58:36 pm »

In my latest adventure I've been killing elves using a prepared gremlin brain. My goal is for it to become named, if that's at all possible.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2010, 12:16:52 am »

how did you get it? from a store?
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2010, 12:25:04 am »

Nah, a cave had an ettin which stole a bunch of food and alcohol. I also found out on my previous character not only that a puddle of alcohol is effectively limitless until drying up from heat (like blood), but said alcohol can be sold to stores, where you promptly drop it, producing another effectively limitless source of alcohol. You could also throw it for the same effect.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2010, 12:29:27 am »

Hey, this means that you can supply yourself in the depths of the Underworld (if you go there)
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

zourath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2010, 12:43:04 am »

Huh, apparently shopkeepers pay 1 copper piece per elf blood. Who knew!

Archaalen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2010, 07:02:03 pm »

My kobold swordsman (started with a steel short sword and a Bronze Bismuth Shield, pretty good) has a yellow leg wound thanks to a GCS and can't stand up.  How long does it take for wounds to heal on their own?  Retiring and restarting didn't do anything.  I have Superior Recuperation, hoping that speeds it up.  Other than that, I've been trying to see if kobolds still have a faction leader so that I can ask for quests (modded kobolds to talk), but so far no luck.  All I keep finding in the group's cave is naked cave moles, giant toads, the aforementioned GCS, and the occasional random kobold worker.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2010, 07:18:34 pm »

I had an AWESOME dwarf, who killed various small human towns near a glacier. He killed a Hydra, went in a abandoned fortress, killed a Forgotten Beast, then went to the Human Capital to murder their king. He was killing everyone easily, taking only minor damage from a bolt or another, but in the Keep he was swarmed by at least a dozen of warriors. He still managed to kill the spearman who dealt the mortal wound that killed him, but never reached the king.

Rijjka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2010, 07:38:02 pm »

My adventure is that of a naked human woman (play now... I would have thought it would have came with at least clothes now.) running south in my very narrow world 33x257 or some such. She will go to the south, and then starting from there, attempt to kill everything in every city from the south all the way up. Armed only with two small rocks and what ever happens to be handy at the time, and assisted only by her pluck traveling companion, a drunk elf. Can she win? Can she find a axe? And some pants?
To the dorf pulling the lever, the lever is just a lever. The magma pouring out of the mountainside is just a coincidence. To the dorf designing a pump stack from the magma sea, it is just that: a pump stack. No specific reason for it. It will never do anything.
for reasons best knows to themselves, the elves decided to explode

Jookia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2010, 08:48:56 pm »

I started a new adventurer and as soon as I entered the game, the warlord died of old age.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 1103