Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1103

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 1994842 times)

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #1965 on: February 28, 2011, 03:01:32 pm »

I was wandering after loss of 3 humans to some saltwater aligators.

Killed all bogeyman who attacked me,awesome

Then I got ambushed in the wild,near mountains by a troll.

I like to throw things before stuff goes close to me,so I choose to throw a silver dagger.

The spinning silver slicing knife strikes The Troll in the lower body tearing the muscle and tearing the guts!

The Troll looks sick!
The Troll vomits
<retches spam>

It looks like...

He didnt had balls of steel.

YEAAAAAAAAAH

Pokey McFork

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_TOOL:FORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: February 28, 2011, 03:53:45 pm »

Just chilling on the coast, brutalising passing sea life as an Olm man.
covered in shiny, gaudy trinkets.

life is good.

Vastin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: February 28, 2011, 10:30:07 pm »

Exhausted from her trek through the Kindled Forests, Astri Flamebathed, hero of many long campaigns walked beneath an imposing stone gate into the fortress of Smilepages, nodding to the guards milling in the courtyard who had heralded her arrival.

Astri had passed through Smilepages a few times previously in her journeys and was on good terms with Lady Ferrycircles. Wishing to leave any long-winded discussions and concerns for the morrow, she threw down her pack and pitched camp in the middle of the courtyard, finally able to relax after long days in the wilderness.

...Or so she believed as she closed her eyes beneath the kindly twinkling stars in the warm summer air...

Astri awoke to the sound of screams and a spine chilling cackling noise - the sound most sane folk only ever heard in their nightmares, from behind tightly shuttered windows.

Yet it was not the noise that had awoken her - it was the pain.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dazed and bruised from the onslaught, Astri desperately flung the vile creature off her, scrambling to her feet and trying to get her bearings as several closed in around her. Elsewhere in the courtyard she could hear cries for help and screams of pain as crossbow bolts hissed past in the dark, shots fired in wild panic as men fell beneath terrible claws in the dark.

The courtyard was a scene of chaos as Astri slew the creature that had ambushed her and cut through the bogeymen attempting to encircle her, heading for a nearby knot of soldiers under attack. How had these evil cowardly things gained entrance to the fortress when they would not even prize open the door to a peasant's shack!? What magic had brought them hence? It did not matter. The battle was joined and they must win or die here.

Grimly Astri stalked the courtyard determined to turn the tables of the battle. She moved swiftly, slaughtering creatures of darkness without mercy. In minutes the courtyard was soaked with blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Finally, the battle over, she staggered into the enclosed keep where Lady Ferrycircles greeted her, eyes wide in shock. Astri nodded to the terrified noble and took a moment to reassure her that they were victorious and the fortress was safe again before she sat in a corner to tended to her own body. She was covered from head to toe with bruises but luckily no true injuries - she remained proudly unscarred throughout hundreds of battles and campaigns.

But some scars cannot be seen - despite the reassuring words she had offered the young noblewoman, Astrii knew that it would be a  long time before she slept soundly again.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 09:53:55 am by Vastin »

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: February 28, 2011, 10:46:46 pm »

Woops, wrong topic. Boy, is my face red.

There is nothing going on in my adventure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 10:54:38 pm by varnish »

flopeared

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 01, 2011, 09:17:58 am »

After starting off in an isolated hamlet with no shops, killed a bandit leader, rested for a day at the hamlet, and set off at dawn around the bay towards the nearest other human outpost, ~ten squares away, if I could go through sea. 

Night began to fall, and me without a companion, thought "OK, I'm close, I can make a run for it."  Unfortunately, when the cackling started, I found myself on top of a frozen creek with absolutely no way up to the surface.  Mortally wounded, I ran like a huge bitch down the narrow, icy thing, bogeymen spawning in front occasionally, and smacking the crap out of me. I finally reached the end of the creek, only to get a little popup informing me that "You've discovered a river!" 

...  a dead end.  So, I turned back, brushing once again past the clutching jaws of the monsters of the night, made it through, and ran the entire length of the river to the sea, reaching the doors of the hamlet just as dawn fell on the world.

I think I lost a tooth...  and my toe's smashed.  And I'm really tired.  Stupid river...  What was I even doing in there?  x3

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 01, 2011, 09:24:54 am »

After starting off in an isolated hamlet with no shops, killed a bandit leader, rested for a day at the hamlet, and set off at dawn around the bay towards the nearest other human outpost, ~ten squares away, if I could go through sea. 

Night began to fall, and me without a companion, thought "OK, I'm close, I can make a run for it."  Unfortunately, when the cackling started, I found myself on top of a frozen creek with absolutely no way up to the surface.  Mortally wounded, I ran like a huge bitch down the narrow, icy thing, bogeymen spawning in front occasionally, and smacking the crap out of me. I finally reached the end of the creek, only to get a little popup informing me that "You've discovered a river!" 

...  a dead end.  So, I turned back, brushing once again past the clutching jaws of the monsters of the night, made it through, and ran the entire length of the river to the sea, reaching the doors of the hamlet just as dawn fell on the world.

I think I lost a tooth...  and my toe's smashed.  And I'm really tired.  Stupid river...  What was I even doing in there?  x3

Try dropping out of quick travel onto a 1-tile island in a dried up murky pool. Or in a murky pool when being attacked by boogeymen. Fun times!

Dbuhos

• Bay Watcher
  • Carbon Strain
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #1971 on: March 01, 2011, 11:51:51 am »

-wrong thread...wow-
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 11:57:09 am by Dbuhos »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 01, 2011, 02:41:42 pm »

Successfully cage trap a peasant and move him into a lair. Something about being a resident of the area prevents you from getting caught removing it fixes that. hopefully the item saving specialness of the lair will store this fellow here for a long time. Giving me enough time to go around and capture more Victims Criminals.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

L3TUC3

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:common green]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 01, 2011, 06:33:50 pm »

I started a new adventure after a short-lived tryst as a dwarven marksman and I figured I try playing as a spearwielding human for a change. I put all the points in and go!

It seems that in the effort to acquire a decent weapon, I had to sell all my clothes for a copper spear and a copper dagger. The game decided to not give me any armor or clothes whatsoever, rewarding me with the power of magnificent impropriety to wield against my foes (and friends)! I'm adventuring naked as the day I was born! Genesis of a hero!

A quick travel to a nearby fort hoping some others would join me, but alas it was abandoned. I practice swinging my spear at some resident turkeys and deer, though I get kicked in the head and bleed pretty profusely. Traveling to a hamlet made the bleeding stop and the appearance of a naked demi-god results in two companions joining me to rid the world of evil. In the rush of getting me out of sight of the local women, I'm quickly shoed away to kill a nearby bandit leader.

Like the Hero Uristilles, I can dispatch the foes at the camp without breaking sweat using my superior speed. Running around them, jabbing them in the head with my spear, retreating (and repeat) make short work. The marksmen cannot reload before I am upon them with a jab to the head. My peasant companions make short work of any bandits that fall unconscious.

Long story short, I've pretty much managed to loot my equipment off any dead enemies or in their camps. I've swiped a full set of copper armor and a shield to boot once I was famous enough to have a fodder peasant force take most of the attention. I still run around piercing a skull once in a while, but most of the work is done by angry peasant blob. They've been getting pretty good with those boning knives, murdering a troll and a giant before I managed to get to it. =/

antymattar

• Bay Watcher
  • *Antymattar has created a Cat-ass-trophy*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 02, 2011, 08:25:11 am »

I retired in  a fortress after I had killed several night creatures, about 30 outlaws, a roc, and a minotaur.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 02, 2011, 08:29:13 am »

I was in a town, selling my swag, and I found something odd. Here's the description:
      This well-crafted reindeer bone scepter. It is glazed with desertbeard fiber. This object menaces with spikes pink tourmaline.

(I use that random plant generation script Sphalerite put together a while ago every now and again.)

Interloper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 02, 2011, 04:40:40 pm »

I killed countless outlaws, a few night creatures, and even a dragon, and then had my brain bashed in by a giraffe. Lame.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 02, 2011, 05:16:29 pm »

dang looks like Traveling out of the area causes them to escape from their cells. so much for imprisonment.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Stone Wera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 02, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »

dang looks like Traveling out of the area causes them to escape from their cells. so much for imprisonment.

You could always carry the cages around with you. Ridiculously heavy, but you'll get a good work out.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »

Well the world seem to have been taken over by Cow I been to 5 city and 3 fortress with no one but cow  :'(
Though I do have full steel/iron now do to an empty shops  :D
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1103